Dirty balcony

karent12

[ The glass partitions were dirty when we boarded. I asked to see the check form that they had been cleaned in Miami. She said that it would be provided before we got off the ship. It wasn’t.

I can't believe anyone would ask to see the check form indicating the glass partitions had been cleaned! Gee, just ask that they clean them and then be done with it! Asking for " proof " just boggles my mind.

My mind is "boggled" also. I cannot believe someone asked to see a check list.

We have never given the dirty balcony glass any thought. Since our cabin / balcony is always at the aft end, there is a slight back draft in a choppy sea. On an Atlantic crossing that glass is full of salt spray. We'll just reach over the railing (very carefully) and wipe off as much as we can. It's the price we pay for our great location.

From my experiences, they have been cleaned when I embark the ship. Then, at some time during the week they are cleaned again while in a port. The steward checks along with the stateroom.

So the window washers probably twice a week and the stewards daily or as needed.

coka

I noticed the glass was covered with lots of white streaks on our last cruise and thought it might have been residue from whatever they use to disinfect the ship. or residue washed off the white paint. or soap scum.

About 2 seconds after making this observation, I went about enjoying my cruise and NEVER gave the glass another thought. Our next cruise will be an inside cabin so dirty balcony glass is a non-issue... Now that I think of it, thats the ultimate dirty glass solution. OP take note....:D

LOL... I am very glad to know that I am not the only one that thought balcony door was opened and walked right into it!!

I cant recall spending much time looking out the balcony doors, I usually just open them and go out to the balcony so a dirty door from the sea spray or whatever would not bother me much.

But talking about balcony doors... If you dont have a full length mirror in your room the balcony doors relect quite a bit and make great mirrors in the evening!!

we have wiped down the glass on the balcony with towels which has worked well. They get dirty again quickly with the spray as others have mentioned. We have toyed with the idea of bringing along something more aligned with window cleaning that might have a tool that can reach all the way down the glass so you can clean the whole thing, rather the top half or third (ideas welcome). We tend to be self-reliant on our trips so easier to do it ourselves and do it on our schedule. the stewards do so much else in the room already.

I really can't believe that the OP posted this!!!! On my cruises I don't even remember looking at the glass on the balcony!! this is just too much.. In all the messages I have read on CC this one has to take the cake!!! LOL

Don't know anything about the cleaning schedule. When we have had a "dirty" balcony, we simply ask the steward on the way out of our room and he takes care of it.. I have been on sailings where the glass needed to be cleaned every day (weather) and it didn't bother me much.. If you want it done it's pretty simple to just ask - this includes the ourdoor furniture as well.

Robin

Ya know what, right now I would gladly clean my own balcony right about now!!!!!:(

103_0513.jpg.3664d44124d0cbe6a7402bf7b819b283.jpg

Ok I am with most of you, who really inspects the glass on the balcony? After 39 cruise I know the ship is in the water(ocean)moving and it will get dirty. Never bothered me. I just got off the Jade Oct 31rst and my steward everyday would wipe down the balcony I was in stern AD suite but I never asked her to. Really how picky can you get to see the check forms? Is your house spotless? I know they clean them on embarkation and also try to do a port day.

I rarely pay much attention to the balcony and really don't care that much. I have paid attention to the windows on our outside cabins and usually they do have water and salt damage, but we often see them being cleaned.

Everyone has his/her own ideas on cleanliness. I just want to feel things are as clean as they are in my home, I am not out to ask to see a check list nor do I think I am going to pick up some horrible germ because there was a little dirt somewhere.

Nita

Archived