Rotterdam to Make Two Nostalgic Trans-Atlantic Crossings in 2011

tcook052

LOL! I do, but I won't leave my cat for that long. I feel guilty leaving her for as long as I do sometimes.

What you posted is a great trip, and I would love to be able to do it. However, I've cruised this area many times. If I were to take a cruise for that amount of time, I would go a bit longer and do that circle Pacific cruise. I've been longing to take that since the 1993 cruise!

That is my dream cruise...working up to a world. For now Kween Karen is my hero :-)

If this cruise were starting/ending in NYC, rather than Rotterdam, I would be on it for the round trip. What a lovely time it will be! :)

But I don't want to fly round trip to Europe to have the sailing.

Amen! We could maybe scrounge up the fare for beginning and then ending in NYC, but adding in the airfares and European stays makes even dreaming of this cruise prohibitive for us. Oh well, maybe in our next lives!

My husband and I and our two young children, ages 3 and 4, were on the Rotterdam in July 1967 sailing to New York from Cobh. I have a picture of us boarding the tender. We had been in Nigeria, where my husband was working as a small business consultant. When the civil war broke out we went home, with a little R & R in Ireland on the way. The Rotterdam was a lovely ship and we had a wonderful journey.

We were on the Rotterdam trans Atlantic from Holland to NY. I was born in Holland in 1967, my father being Belgian and my mother an American from NY. In 1968 we took the 9 day crossing to move to the States. I was just under a year old. My husband and I took our first cruise in 2008 on the Westerdam for our 20th anniversary and the 40th anniversary of that trans Atlantic crossing.

diane

Archived