National Opt Out Day is November 24th

Sargent_Schultz

great - go ahead and opt out. the lines for the scanners will be shorter for me :)

I think it is possible to create complete gridlock to where you couldn't get to the scanners. If not, since even pilots are resisting the scanners, backing up the grope line could cause flights to be delayed/canceled/etc.

I think it is possible to create complete gridlock to where you couldn't get to the scanners. If not, since even pilots are resisting the scanners, backing up the grope line could cause flights to be delayed/canceled/etc.

So, for the few idiots, many would miss their flights?

Sound like a good thing???????????

since when have they held planes for missing passengers? back in 1970, maybe.

If the pilots refuse the scanner, they have to get in line to do the grope dance. I imagine they might eventually figure out to give them priority, but that will tick the commoners off that much more.

No pilot = no flight.

Even though they do, I'm not sure they are supposed to allow luggage to fly unattended. In theory, they should pull the luggage for those who are stuck at security.

since when have they held planes for missing passengers? back in 1970, maybe.

It actually happened when we least wanted them to. Last Christmas, just after the underwear guy did his thing security ground a lot of fights to a halt in Toronto to allow connecting passengers time to board.

So, our plane stayed on the ground for an extra hour, the flight was two hours and for all three, no one could use the washrooms.

I know the rule was supposed to be one hour prior to landing but the FA seemed to think the flight to Boston was a hour and he kept everyone in their seats for the duration.

We missed OUR connection.

Go figure.:eek:

Smooth sailing...

If the pilots refuse the scanner, they have to get in line to do the grope dance. I imagine they might eventually figure out to give them priority, but that will tick the commoners off that much more.

No pilot = no flight.

Even though they do, I'm not sure they are supposed to allow luggage to fly unattended. In theory, they should pull the luggage for those who are stuck at security.

crew have separate lines.

flying is a privilege, not a right.

Apparently they're also encouraging men to wear kilts; the traditional way.

:eek: eeewwwwwwww!!!!!

From the one news report I saw today, the poor TSA guy did not look like he was really enjoying doing the pat down either. Just think about this on the other hand for a moment. What if you were a TSA employee. They are people too, just doing what they are told to do. :o

IMHO, the entire thing (screening/pat downs) is bogus. We need to RACIAL PROFILE!!!

The Israeli's do it. I just flew into Kuwait and they certainly were doing it. I got asked more questions then usual-where was I going, did I have CAC (common access-military contractor)

The USA is so, so, so PC and SO AFRAID of what another country would think. NOW we are screwing our passengers and our own citizens (NOT counting those on Al Queda's side). AFRAID is the mantra of this administration!!!

PLEASE read between the lines. Check out the Al Queda guy that just was ACQUITTED of 200+ counts. Talk about PC. Can't let the CIA testify. Can't bring in the witnesses that actually know the truth. AMERICAN-WAKE UP. Your COUNTRY is up for grabs!!!

This TSA thing is just a grab for STUPIDITY!!!! Checking your crotch is not going to keep you safer.

Would you let these goons pat down your daughter or son? If the kid is 12 or older they get the same search the rest of us do.If they are under 12 they still get patted down.Nobody,I mean nobody better touch my child.Yeah sure they can go thru the full body scanner but if the airport does not have the scanners then EVERYONE gets the full body search. I mean hands INSIDE your pants,in your crotch and across your breasts. I hope the National Opt Out Day gets the message across that they have gone to far!!!! This isn't security,it's molestation.It does not make us safer,just takes our liberties away. Government run amock as usual.

:

I am opposed to the use of WBI and physical searches for primary screening. I support, wholeheartedly, the abolition of both of these practices immediately. I believe the TSA should be disbanded and airport security should be returned to th...e private sector as it was on Sept 9, 2001.

I understand fully that this means some day my ticket might get punched by a terrorist on an airplane with some kind of weapon, explosive or incendiary device. I accept this risk because it is the price of living in a free society, and I do it gladly.

Some day, I'm going to die. That is an inescapable fact. The only things I don't know right now are how and when it will happen. If it comes to pass that I am the average, regular civilian merely going about my daily life of earning a living or taking a vacation when it happens, I will pay the price gladly. I have considered the argument that if it was one of my loved ones who died on 9/11, I would feel differently. This is exactly the kind of attitude that is contrary to the foundations of the United States.

I want it to be known here and now that I choose to live free. I will die the same way. I hope that if I die in a terrorist attack, everyone who loves me will remember this and not try to say that I'd be alive 'If only'. That is not the kind of life I want to live. If the price of your kids being free to move about without being photographed naked and having their genitals touched by government agents is my blood, then I will pay it gladly.

If I die in a terrorist attack, let this be my epitaph:

I knew the risks, I bought the ticket, and I paid the price of admission. I did it willingly, gladly, and without regret. I would do it again. I was free.

No pilot = no flight.

I wonder how their employers are going to take it if the pilots don't report for work on time. And by that, I mean in the cockpit. :confused:

Why the heck can't our government learn from El Al? Knock on wood, they haven't had an incident in more than 8 years.

Also, why the heck can't our government come up with a process that would provide some sort of "pass" for frequent fliers that could eliminate this stuff? Heck, as often as I fly, I would have no problem with them doing a background check, taking my fingerprints, doing a retinal scan and then giving me a card or something that says "she's OK to fly without screening"? Would that be so difficult? Oh yeah, I forgot. This is government crap---they can't do much of anything right.

But in all honesty, I use a mobility scooter because of my disabilities, and I've been patted down for years. I have no problem with this, especially if they would provide some great looking hunky men to do the patting. But in all seriousness, I have absolutely no idea what the big deal is all about. If privacy is your issue, just tell them to take you behind the screen. If having someone lightly brushing your body freaks you out, you have other issues to deal with. Like I said, I've been going through the body searches for years, and the TSA agents have been nothing short of polite and professional.

If Americans complain, all I say to them is, be thankful you don't live in an Arab country, or even India for that matter. I've had some of the most invasive screening in the UAE and Qatar. We in the USA have it easy compared to what I experienced at those two airports. And India? That was an experience. Heck, they even take your cameras from you---you either give them your whole camera or the battery from the camera and you don't get it back until you're in the terminal after the flight. Can you imagine Americans putting up with that?

Archived