Prepare for the Bed Bugs on Carnival Inspiration

I wish that when Carnivals guest services received my bedbug complaint, guest services would have dealt with it promptly and effectively

but Tom, they DID.

(by calling in experienced pest controllers, treating adjacent rooms, and helped me and my girlfriend make sure our belongings were properly treated before returning home, that would have been great.

A total overreaction, waste of money, and unnecessary.

I believe it's very important to publicize the extent of the bedbug problem afflicting ships, and the fact that you can really come across them anywhere. So I encourage management and guests to write about the positive and negative outcomes.

The sole exception being your house :confused:

For what it's worth, in my future travels I would much prefer to stay in a ship that I knew had a sound bedbug policy, Eco friendly products avalaible and trained staff that dealt with complaints promptly, then take my chances in a place where they tell you to contact the 800 number in miami.

It seem like we're approaching the point where there won't be such a thing as a ship that's never had a bedbug encounter.

Take precautions.......

So Tom, are RCCL's policies inline with your wishlist? I'm pretty sure NOT. Have you canceled your Dec 11th cruise, yet?

I want Carnival to accept responsibility and liability of the bed bug problem on their ship.

I was on carnivals ship, found a live adult bed bug in our room, I have bed bug bites on my scalp.

I requested carnival guest services while on board to inspect and treat our luggage and they refused.

I had to find an eco friendly bed bug company and pay $1052 for products, the treatment of our luggage, homes and vehicles, This morning I personally treated our homes and vehicles again with the second treatment with products I purchased from the extermination company ,which could have been handled by carnival while we were still on the ship and they refused.

Bed bug eggs take from 4 weeks to several months to mature depending on conditions, we still may have an infestation in our homes, time will tell.

I want carnival to reimburse me for the invoice from the extermination company, the time we have had to put into this bed bug problem, the suffering from bed bug bites on my scalp and wondering if our homes or vehicles will become infested.

We have encountered this problem due to carnivals guest services managers’ refusal to address the bed bug problem on their ship while we were still on their ship.

If the president of carnival cruise lines came and paid me $800 to stay at my home for 5 nights, the morning he was going to leave found a bed bug in his room and bed bug bites on his scalp (he knows nothing about bugs) and asked me for assistance and I had professional staff and products to handle this type of problem and would I say there is nothing I can do, call my 800 number in Miami, that’s just plain WRONG.

Carnival has staff on that ship to handle these problems and REFUSED to acknowledge the problem or help its paying unsuspecting customers, they should be held liable for our out of pocket expenses, time, pain and suffering that continues even today.

I will wait a few more weeks to see if additional bugs show up in our homes or vehicles before I take further actions.

MIAMI - Carnival Cruise Lines announced today a significant and radical name change for one of its fleet of 22 current cruise ships. The ship, currently named the Inspiration that conducts both 4 and 5 day cruises to the Western Caribbean from Tampa has been the subject of some speculation regarding bed bugs. Apparently one recent cruiser has launched a bed bug campaign waging a virtual war with Carnival and the bed bug situation. Accordingly, Carnival has decided to make the best of things and rename the funship as the Carnival INFESTATION.

MIAMI - Carnival Cruise Lines announced today a significant and radical name change for one of its fleet of 22 current cruise ships. The ship, currently named the Inspiration that conducts both 4 and 5 day cruises to the Western Caribbean from Tampa has been the subject of some speculation regarding bed bugs. Apparently one recent cruiser has launched a bed bug campaign waging a virtual war with Carnival and the bed bug situation. Accordingly, Carnival has decided to make the best of things and rename the funship as the Carnival INFESTATION.

I think you might be suffering from "Deep Space Sickness."

Hey Tom, you can't even keep your stories straight. Yesterday you said you had treated your house that day (yesterday) a second time. Today, you said you had treated your house a second time this morning. I don't know about you, but you can't treat a house a second time twice??:eek:

Gregg

I will wait a few more weeks to see if additional bugs show up in our homes or vehicles before I take further actions.

What are you planning to do - sue them? Picket the cruise terminal? Hire a sky writer to fly over the ship?

You must have something really over the top that will be the next step in the bed bug war.

DON

I want Carnival to accept responsibility and liability of the bed bug problem on their ship.

There is NO bed bug problem on their ship. Period. The only problem is in your head, which is not Carnival's problem.

There is no infestation anywhere, including your house. A single bedbug is NOT an infestation. If you have/had bedbugs, you didn't get them from Carnival, but above and beyond that, if you had an infestation, you would have been finding carcasses all over after treatment. You have found none. You can treat your house 1000 times and you will still find none.

Have you canceled your cruise on Royal, yet? Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled it for you.

Just got off Inspiration last week. Stayed in cabin V-6..NO BEDBUGS...BTW..that dark spec on the robe that started this thread was "lint" from the Carnival beach towel. Saw a few on the sheets from the towel being there.

When i go on my future cruises i will have my own products to treat my own cabins before i settle in and my luggage prior to packing and leaving the ship, while on board i will cauntiously be aware of the possible presents of bed bugs and take precautions whenever i travel.

Just a few precautionary ideas that have been brought to my attention by a problem i encountered durring my last cruise with carvival cruise lines.

Bed bugs on board......

When i go on my future cruises i will have my own products to treat my own cabins before i settle in and my luggage prior to packing and leaving the ship, while on board i will cauntiously be aware of the possible presents of bed bugs and take precautions whenever i travel.

No amount of snake oil is going to allow you to treat your cabins or luggage, especially when there isn't anything to treat.

I suppose you want Carnival to pay for those, too? Not going to happen.

Not going to address the OP but if one would like to know what to look for:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2135258_check-treat-bed-bugs.html

And the product that may help:

http://www.prontoplus.com/?gclid=CJiPy7WMxKUCFUbf4AodW3txWw

Also if you fly in to port the day before you might want to look at your hotel also and be prepared for that... just in case.....

Just a few precautionary ideas that have been brought to my attention by a problem i encountered durring my last cruise with carvival cruise lines.

Bed bugs on board......

Please don't contaminate the cabins and beds with your (useless) "products." What right do you have to expose future cruisers to these chemicals (natural or not they ARE chemicals).

My take on this is either the OP is incredibly paranoid and feeding off the current news blitz about bed bugs or more likely he had bedbugs before the trip and decided he would blame the problem on Carnival and attempt to get them to pay to treat it. I mean really who would only notice an "infestation" on the last morning of a cruise, would be unable to give us a clear picture of the "bedbug" and would have only one (undiagnosed) bite (on the scalp, where bedbugs do NOT bite) and then proceed to treat his home, car, girlfriend's home and car? Someone who already had the problem before the trip, that's who.

WOW :eek: That's all I can think of, WOW :eek:

I can honestly say that I've never seen such an over-reaction about any one thing before. Really. One insect does not make for an infestation. Had the door opened the other day and a moth got in. Doesn't mean all my clothes are now full of holes and on their way to becoming dust.

And how did the one 'bite' your GF found turn into 'bites'?

You should be careful here. We all know about the boy that called wolf.

There's one thing I have little tolerance for, and that is exaggeration (and your tale is grossly exaggerated).

MIAMI - Carnival Cruise Lines announced today that they have carefully examined the situation aboard the newly renamed Carnival Infestation and have take several important steps in eliminating any further issues (and rumors) from arising and are pleased to announce that the ship is totally Bed Bug Free. To that end, Carnival has opted to change the name of the vessel yet again. Effective immediately the ship shall now be named the Carnival EXTERMINATION - Bon Voyage!

MIAMI - Carnival Cruise Lines announced today that they have carefully examined the situation aboard the newly renamed Carnival Infestation and have take several important steps in eliminating any further issues (and rumors) from arising and are pleased to announce that the ship is totally Bed Bug Free. To that end, Carnival has opted to change the name of the vessel yet again. Effective immediately the ship shall now be named the Carnival EXTERMINATION - Bon Voyage!

I'm sorry but after reading this thread, I will go on my already booked cruise on the Dream in less than 2 weeks as planned but intend to be fully armed with an arsenal to fight those dreaded bed bug towel animals. I will not book another cruise with Carnival until they get rid of those pesky bed bug towel animals.

In the future, I fully intend to book my next cruise on RCCL's Exterminator of the Seas!

You hear that Carnival?

Archived