Advantage to B2B?

Travel_World

I see many people are doing back to back sailings. What is the advantage other than a longer cruise?

Do the cruiselines offer any discounts for a B2B?

Some cruiselines package two separate cruises together and sell them as one. They can be less expensive than booking them separately. Others give no price advantage to booking a B2B. WE do B2Bs because one cruise isn't long enough. EM

I see many people are doing back to back sailings. What is the advantage other than a longer cruise?

Do the cruiselines offer any discounts for a B2B?

Length, conveneince, etc. You don't have to get off (usually) in between legs, so it's a great way to double your vacation time. As someone above mentioned, if you fly to the port, it's 2 crusies for 1 airfare! :p

Depending on the cruise line's loyalty program, it will generally also count as 2 separate cruises toward your status!

Thanks for your input.

I have noticed that some ships alternate itineraries. I suppose that is to encourage B2B also.

Yes, you see people doing a b2b where ships alternate, but you also see them when the itinerary is the same. We take alot of oneway cruises and stay on for two cruises.

Carnival and RCL offer no discounts for B2Bs. Carnival has always given us a B2B gift, though some say they didnt get one. Once we got champagne and a really huge fruit and nut basket. Another time we got chocolate covered stawberries on a shorter B2B.

I always find a hotel where I can keep my car free for my B2Bs to optimize the costs getting to and from and parking.

Archived