Florida Resident Discounts?

canadiansnowbird

I have never seen Florida Resident Discounts advertised for cruises. Are they done through particular TA's or do all cruise lines have some of these sales for particular states?

I imagine that "Disney" cruises have discounts for residents though.

Snowbird

I have never seen Florida Resident Discounts advertised for cruises. Are they done through particular TA's or do all cruise lines have some of these sales for particular states?

I imagine that "Disney" cruises have discounts for residents though.

Snowbird

They're not widely advertised as such. When you look for a cruise (either through the cruise line's website or an online TA) you're prompted to provide information such as 55+, past passenger and state of residence. If there's a discount for any of these, it's so noted next to the sail date. Disney isn't much different ... there's no standing discount for Florida residents. Incidentally, you may be asked to provide proof of residency. Being a snowbird, you supposedly need some sort of documentation. I don't know how (or if) it's enforced. Those discounts that I've seen don't amount to much anyway ... my last one for our Galveston cruise (we live in TX) was $20/pp. I guess it has as much to do with supply and demand as anything else; and I woudn't base my selection on that criterion.

Oh , as a former TA and FL resident , I can tell you that the cruise lines have very frequent FL resident rates .

Usually close in to sailings from FL ports .

You can only see them if you input Florida as state of residence when

booking direct online , phone or by telling your TA to inform you.

You won't see those rates booking too far out.

Theie to fill the ships with guests that can cruise on shorter notice without airfare concerns.

Archived