Key west trolly

HappyHygienist

Is there a problem with purchasing tickets for the Key West Trolly that you can hop on and off from the website or is it recommended to purchase through carnival?

Thanks you in advance for any help. The tickets are much cheaper through the trolly website. I just don't want to do the wrong thing!

Same trip - I am planning to purchase them directly. The only difference is I guess if the Key West port is cancelled I assume Carnival will refund your money? Not sure about the cancellation policy if you book directly on Internet - you might want to check that out!

It was $16.95 if puchased there .. how much is the discount.

Many get it confused with the conch train pricing, just a FYI, Im sure if you looked you know there are two there.

My caveat and why I didnt buy tickets ahead of time .. what if you hit bad weather and miss the port?

buy it on line,save the money. skip the train not a hop on/off, plus not covered so in hot sun or rain. you can also get discounts for aquarium, museums etc on line. if ship is a no show save it for another day, small investment :)

After reading the fine print on the trolly tours, I think I will go ahead and purchase them directly from the website. They are $17 for the e-ticket and do not have an expiration date, so if it doesn't get used this time, I'm sure it will get used on another excursion.

Thanks for the help.

It was $16.95 if puchased there .. how much is the discount.

Many get it confused with the conch train pricing, just a FYI, Im sure if you looked you know there are two there.

My caveat and why I didnt buy tickets ahead of time .. what if you hit bad weather and miss the port?

After reading the fine print on the trolly tours, I think I will go ahead and purchase them directly from the website. They are $17 for the e-ticket and do not have an expiration date, so if it doesn't get used this time, I'm sure it will get used on another excursion.

Thanks for the help.

If zero savings .. why purchase ahead of time??

I was just there earlier this month and my cabin mate purchased the ticket in person for the hop on hop off.

Where is this $17 price? What website? I only see a discounted price of $26.10 on the website I found???

Sounds like conch train pricing??

Maybe the hop on hop off bus was an additional choice when we were there early this month .. but if I wasnt saving any money and could purchase it for $16.95 in person, I would keep my money in case I changed my mind.

I wound up walking to the library and used their computers free for 30 minutes, and then I paid at a coffee shop and walked to the southernmost rock and Hemingways .. pretty far to walk. My cabin mate didnt want to walk, so she paid to ride, even though she said she didnt bother hopping on and off, it was just cheaper than the conch train tour.

My husband and I were on the Fascination back in September and missed Key West due to Tropical Storm Nicole. We had already purchased e-tickets through Old Town Trolley. I called and the lady I spoke with said they were good for 6 months from the date of purchase. No refund.

:D So we're taking a driving vacation down the Florida coast and spending a few days in Key West in January.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a city view trolley tour ticket online a few days before my cruise. Online purchase was a discount of $2 so not a huge savings if you're concerned about the possibility of missing your port.

Once I was in Key West I had to take my online voucher to their ticket window to get the sticker and actual ticket. The ticket window was right across the street from stop #1.

I had one great driver/tour guide and one so-so. I was only in port a short time so didn't get to use the hop on/hop off as much as I would have liked.

I purchased a city view trolley tour ticket online a few days before my cruise. Online purchase was a discount of $2 so not a huge savings if you're concerned about the possibility of missing your port.

Once I was in Key West I had to take my online voucher to their ticket window to get the sticker and actual ticket. The ticket window was right across the street from stop #1.

I had one great driver/tour guide and one so-so. I was only in port a short time so didn't get to use the hop on/hop off as much as I would have liked.

Thanks for the feedback! How long were you in KW? We will be docked from 7 am to 2 pm - not a lot of time either! How early do these things start running???

We were in Key West last Monday- used City Trolley--bought tickets at the booth and walked across the street to get on.

Struck up a conversation with the guy with the clipboard--turned out to be one of the owners who is from the Boston area.

He told us that they decided not to have the same stops as the other company so they cut out some of the hotel stops-- the price is considerably less.

Nice guy and glad he's doing well.

We got off at the Southernmost Point, walked around a bit, and got back on another one to complete the loop.

The service was great-- we saw what we wanted to see--and the price was fair.

Thanks for the feedback! How long were you in KW? We will be docked from 7 am to 2 pm - not a lot of time either! How early do these things start running???

That was our time as well. Things don't open up till around 9 - 9:30ish and the first trolley was I believe 10am. We had to be back on board at 1:30pm.

The first trolley was packed, I walked around the square till the next trolley and had it all to myself.

That was our time as well. Things don't open up till around 9 - 9:30ish and the first trolley was I believe 10am. We had to be back on board at 1:30pm.

The first trolley was packed, I walked around the square till the next trolley and had it all to myself.

Excellent info - thanks - guess I don't have to 'rush' off the ship and can have a more relaxed breakfast....knowing that my private (2nd) trolley will be waiting for me? ha ha ha :D:D How long does the whole loop take? Sounds lke you only got off a few times? If you got off at more stops do you think you would have been late to the ship?

Excellent info - thanks - guess I don't have to 'rush' off the ship and can have a more relaxed breakfast....knowing that my private (2nd) trolley will be waiting for me? ha ha ha :D:D How long does the whole loop take? Sounds lke you only got off a few times? If you got off at more stops do you think you would have been late to the ship?

ok just saw on their west site the first trolley starts at 9:30am.

I think I could have gotten on and off more, but I chose to spend more time at fewer things.

I know I spent more time than an average person would at Hemingway home. I think one complete loop is 90 minutes, but don't quote me on that. A few of the stops are easily walkable, just depends on if you want to use it more for the tour part or just transportation. I really didn't like the second trolley tour I got on (couldn't hear anything she said), so I walked stops 7,8, and 1.

Archived