just prebooked our seats yeah!!!!

suebubbles

Sue we are on this cruise too but flying out from Gatwick on 5th feb - I managed to book last saturday - kept watching the cruise personaliser as we are a party of 6 - 3 adults and 3 kids so wanted to make sure we were all together.

This is our 3rd cruise but 1st with P&O (already done 2 with RCI) however a lot of things are very different on P&O to RCI that I am almost feeling like a cruise newbie :confused:

Booking seats is a waste of money 8 of us never booked 4 from our family and 2 other couples we met we were all sat together at the back of the plane unless you want a specific seat save your money for something else,hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Yes and no. Bit of a gamble. Booking guarantees sitting together, not booking probably means you sit together but doesnt guarantee it. Depends what the 'guarantee' aspect means to you. if you are delayed on route to the airport for instance and arrive late on at check in then you may risk being seperated whereas pre-booking woul d have secured it.

Yes and no. Bit of a gamble. Booking guarantees sitting together, not booking probably means you sit together but doesnt guarantee it. Depends what the 'guarantee' aspect means to you. if you are delayed on route to the airport for instance and arrive late on at check in then you may risk being seperated whereas pre-booking woul d have secured it.

Totally agree, last year we did sit together but some friends we met checked in 20 mins before we did and got separated by around 10 rows, is a bit of a money maker but at least you don't have the added worry about not sitting together.

We've booked our seats for 4th Feb too but actually paid the £37.50 PP each leg (150 in total) as we decided to go for the emergency exit seats. At least we get a bit of extra leg room and definitely sit together.

We didnt book when we went to the maldives and ended up not being able to sit together so Id definitely say its worth it.

I pre-book seats everytime I fly, cruise and holiday and as one poster has pointed out the number of people pre-booking leaves less seats for those who don't. I can't count the number of people I've heard complaining they got split up even people with children and other people on the flight asking to give up their seats. No point moaning if you wont put your hand in your pocket and if you consider the price of your cruise it's a very small percentage of the overall price. I stress myself myself out just getting to the airport without wondering where I'm going to be sitting on the plane. i hope everyone has agreat flight and cruise.

Just found out that P&O have recently decided to fleece customers to increase profits by now asking them to pay extra to pre-book seats... we've paid plenty extra to go Premium on the charter flight to Barbados for Xmas and feel this is just taking advantage ... they wanted up to an extra £150 roundtrip for a couple to book the best seats... my call today to P&O customer services fell on deaf ears ...they are only interested in the ££'s... I wonder what other levels they will stoop to make us pay... maybe we will soon be asked to pay to use the toilets on the plane, just like Ryanair were talking about ... a bad move by P&O.. :mad:

Just found out that P&O have recently decided to fleece customers to increase profits by now asking them to pay extra to pre-book seats... we've paid plenty extra to go Premium on the charter flight to Barbados for Xmas and feel this is just taking advantage ... they wanted up to an extra £150 roundtrip for a couple to book the best seats... my call today to P&O customer services fell on deaf ears ...they are only interested in the ££'s... I wonder what other levels they will stoop to make us pay... maybe we will soon be asked to pay to use the toilets on the plane, just like Ryanair were talking about ... a bad move by P&O.. :mad:

You never used to be able to pore-book and you don't have to pre-book. Just get to check in early and there shouldnt be a problem.

We are flying out to Barbados with Thomsons and have pre booked our seats. We didn't have the option of booking extra leg room seats as these are all blocked and not available to book. How come on some flights these are available at £37.50 each instead of the £25.00 we paid? is the difference whether it is a TC flight or Thomsons?

As it stands at present someone could get to the airport early not having booked seats and get better seats than those who have paid.

We would always pay and pre book to ensure we are sat together.

Sue

We have pre-booked our flights to Accapulco - 15 hours on a plane so we do want to be together. Shorter flights don't worry us, but on a long one like this I want the reassurance that we won't be split up and therefore I am happy to pay the price. At least I start my holiday not being stressed in case we should be seperated on the plane.

My wife could not fly unless she was sitting next to me (nervous flyer) so we have to ensure we sit next to each other.

As we never fly economy anymore it's not really a problem these days.

But I can understand why others in a similar situation to ours just could not take a chance that they could get adjoining seats allocated at check-in.

Some people are not able to take the risk.

Sue we are on this cruise too but flying out from Gatwick on 5th feb - I managed to book last saturday - kept watching the cruise personaliser as we are a party of 6 - 3 adults and 3 kids so wanted to make sure we were all together.

This is our 3rd cruise but 1st with P&O (already done 2 with RCI) however a lot of things are very different on P&O to RCI that I am almost feeling like a cruise newbie :confused:

We have been with RCI quite a few times , cabins better laid out food about same, service good, drink prices much much better.

We have been with RCI quite a few times , P & O cabins better laid out food about same, service good, drink prices much much better and in Sterling.

We have been with RCI quite a few times , P & O cabins better laid out food about same, service good, drink prices much much better and in Sterling.

• 2 weeks later...

I was cynical about paying £50 to pre-book seats for me and my wife to fly out to Barbados recently and fly back from Acapuloco with Thomson/P&O.

I am glad now that I did it because I witnessed couples sitting together going but returning split up and sitting in totally different seats on the return leg.

I suppose if it does not bother you then don’t pre-book seats and save yourself £50.

We flew to bardados from manchester feb this year( live near falkirk) it was an OV flight so the P&O rules apply. Upgraded to premium on a TC charter. Later when I tried to check the seating arrangement was told that they would not gaurantee seats at all and we could be seated any where in the cabin. We tend two take two together at a window . we had the window travelling out on homeward we were in the middle section me in the center of three . I am eighteen stone 6'3" thr gentleman who was lucky enough to sit next to me was about 22 stone and 5' 4 . It didnt make for the most enjoyable return flight:mad:

Archived