Bag of laundry?

sherry7

I seem to recall that RCCL has a special for a bag of laundry, but my memory is foggy. Is it a one-time special, or is it offered all week? Can anyone confirm the current price please? Is it one of the standard paper bags, or a larger plastic one? Any restrictions on what can go in the bag to be washed and folded?

Thanks! :)

I seem to recall that RCCL has a special for a bag of laundry, but my memory is foggy. Is it a one-time special, or is it offered all week? Can anyone confirm the current price please? Is it one of the standard paper bags, or a larger plastic one? Any restrictions on what can go in the bag to be washed and folded?

Thanks! :)

You may be referring to the $25 Wash & Fold Special. The items that can be included are pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts and underwear.

On a 7 day cruise it will be offered once. It's a plastic bag that is about the same size as the normal paoper bag you find in cabins. If you roll tightly, you'd be amazed at how much you can get in one of those bags.

You may be referring to the $25 Wash & Fold Special. The items that can be included are pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts and underwear.

On s 7 day cruise it will be offered once. It's a plastic bag that is about the same size as the normal paoper bag you find in cabins. If you roll tightly, you'd be amazed at how much you can get in one of those bags.

Thank you, that is indeed the special I was thinking of. You mentioned pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts, and underwear. What about dress pants, jeans, and sweatshirts? Are they not allowed in the bag special?

Disclaimer: We won't be wearing the jeans and sweatshirts in the dining room. ;) :p :eek:

On 7 night cruises it is usually offered on day 4. If you are Diamond or D+ you get a $ off coupon and it is free for suites.

It's actually free for D+ not suite guests.:)

This is what you can expect when staying in a suite...........Complimentary pressing service on formal night.

Thank you, that is indeed the special I was thinking of. You mentioned pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts, and underwear. What about dress pants, jeans, and sweatshirts? Are they not allowed in the bag special?

Disclaimer: We won't be wearing the jeans and sweatshirts in the dining room. ;) :p :eek:

You can only include what is on the form provided. If you include anything that is not on the form, you will be charged the full laundry price for that particular item.

Just returned from a 14 night TA. It was offered twice. As mentioned, dress pants & jeans not part of the deal but shorts were. Don't know about sweatshirts. We used it both times (we're D+... a coupon book for my wife and me so no charge). Had all my polo type shirts washed at least once. Found out I won't have to pack as much for the next time we do a TA as a result of this service.

Tim

On our 14 night TA on Jewel this past September it was offered twice.

Patti, we had the offer in our stateroom at least 3 times, there might've even been a 4th time but I only took advantage of it once. Even then, I didn't have enough to truly fill up the bag, so they repriced my laundry because it was less by piece than using the special (I didn't even realize it). Thought it was nice of them to do that for me.

Amything is allowed, but you will pay a fortune to have that sweatshirt laundered since it will take up a whole bag. The dress pants will have to be sent out again for pressing and your jeans will look like they have been washed and folded.

We were on a 13 night cruise and prepared the regular priced sheet for laundry. In the bag were jeans, Tommy Bahama silk shirts, some of my tank tops and a few pair of underwear, socks, etc. The regular bill came to around $27. The cabin steward changed it into the $25 special bag, we then had to turn around and send things in for press only. It ended up costing us about $8 more in the long run than the original regular priced laundry.

It may depend on how a person feels about their clothing, we like well pressed clothes, including jeans and T shirts. We like the feel of fabric softener used in our clothing and we really prefer our clothes on hangers, not folded. Personally, I felt ripped off by the $25 "special".

Patti, we had the offer in our stateroom at least 3 times, there might've even been a 4th time but I only took advantage of it once. Even then, I didn't have enough to truly fill up the bag, so they repriced my laundry because it was less by piece than using the special (I didn't even realize it). Thought it was nice of them to do that for me.

Wrona, we only received the bag twice, but we were able to use the bags on any day we wanted to.

I have to say we've always been very pleased with the Wash & Fold Special and our clothes have come back neatly folded and wrinkle free.

That was nice of them to reprice it for you.

We did the "bag special" on our last cruise, and we were not pleased. Oh, the quality of the washing/folding was fine . . . but we filled the bag on Thursday (the only day the deal is available), and it wasn't returned to us until late Saturday night -- literally as we were dressing for dinner -- and only after we went to Customer Service, thinking they'd been lost. Since we were packing for home that night, what was the point of having the clothes washed?

I would only use this service again if we were doing a back-to-back and would have use of the clothes the following week.

In all fairness, I don't think this was a typical situation, and they did refund the cost of the laundry when I complained.

We are D+ members and did the bag full. We ask our cabin steward what we could put in the bag and was told we could put anything in it. If it fits then it gets washed free. I did have some capris and 1 pair of ladies long pants and there was no charge. It did take longer than it should have to get them back.

I will do it again.

Wrona, we only received the bag twice, but we were able to use the bags on any day we wanted to.

I have to say we've always been very pleased with the Wash & Fold Special and our clothes have come back neatly folded and wrinkle free.

That was nice of them to reprice it for you.

I guess we were just unlucky with ours. It was all a wrinkled mess.

Archived