Eclipse questions: The hump and AC

Chitown12562

Hello all.

Traveling on my first Celebrity cruise next year nd after goingbthroughbthe 8 pages here I have a few questions.

1) Can someone explain what this "hump" is that every one is taking about when it comes to cabin placement?

2) will the AC stay on if we have the balcony door opened just a tiny bit? We like to hear the waves as the ship moves through the water and I knowmthat some ships make the AC turn off if you open the balcony door.

Thanks!

Hello all.

Traveling on my first Celebrity cruise next year nd after goingbthroughbthe 8 pages here I have a few questions.

1) Can someone explain what this "hump" is that every one is taking about when it comes to cabin placement?

2) will the AC stay on if we have the balcony door opened just a tiny bit? We like to hear the waves as the ship moves through the water and I knowmthat some ships make the AC turn off if you open the balcony door.

Thanks!

The hump is the area of the ship on the deck plan that juts out. The balconies on the slanted portion of the hump are larger than normal (for example look at rooms 1610 & 1608 on the Penthouse deck).

Keeping the balcony door is not wise. For one, it lets bugs into the room (since S-Class ships have natural grass there are actually some bugs around even out at sea). It also interferes not just with your own a/c, but impacts other staterooms nearby.

Hello all.

Thanks!

Here's a thumbnail with a picture of the "Hump" on deck 9. Notice the size of the balconies on the angles leading off the hump. If you want a large balcony, go for one of the angled balconies.

Yes, you can open your door without the A/C going off.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

Soon as the door becomes unlocked the AC will cut off in your room. Sat down at one of those chats with the staff and they said it was one of the way they were going green. They can also see from the control room what cabin has their doors open and for how long. Kind of crazy.

Interesting to know that the AC cuts off when the balcony door is opened. That being the case, one wonders why there are postings asking the cabin occupants to keep the door closed.

I know that when we are back in the cabin and preparing for dinner, we do keep the door open sometimes Same in the early morning while enjoying coffee. Enables us to talk while one of us is in the cabin and the other on the balcony. Always felt a tad guilty, but now, knowing that at least on the S class ships the AC cuts off, we do feel better.

Does anyone know if the same holds true for the M class ships?

Also, speaking of AC, if you set the thermostat to the middle of the dial, is everything off at that point? Just curious.

Sid1962

leaving the balc door open also creates a very windy noise out into the halls that does under the door of other cabins-- one time we had to place a blanket by our door to stop the flow- no one could figure out who had their door open..

there are many other threads about open balc door mishaps--some funny & some not so pleasant!

Archived