Cruise criteria

Rum Rat

What is important to you?

"Get that cruise booked I must cruise sod the cabin and whichever ship" ?

Or "I will only cruise if the itinerary and the ship and the cabin are right" ?

I ask because it seems that some posters are hell bent on adding up their cruise total at the detriment of destination and cabin comfort.

Prove me wrong.

Sorry I don't have a signature a mile long

Mike

Always pick the Cruise Lines and Ports of Call for us.

The worlds a big place so we always find an itinerary and line which we want to use.

When we get unsure we will cruise and golf with FO.

Would not cruise on some ships/lines if you paid me, just to go on a cuise.

And no, I am not going to say which, as was in trouble last time I mentioned them:)

Second option: itinerary/ship/cabin have got to be right. So has price, of course.

We'd rather have a cruise costing more where itinerary/ship/cabin/options are what we want, than a cheaper cruise where they're not.

We'd pretty much agree with what the rest of you are saying. We decide where and when we want to go, choose the ship (P&O, Celebrity or Princess probably) and then phone round to get some prices. The cabin is also important so we will pour over deck plans before choosing the best one for us. Given the choice we like to sail from the UK too. Not much to ask is it?? We usually book quite a long way ahead so we get exactly what we want. :D

Think it would worry me booking late, in case we got a cabin underneath the nightclub or the pool and it was noisy. Mind you the prices on some of the very late deals look tempting.

it would worry me booking late, in case we got a cabin underneath the nightclub or the pool and it was noisy.

Just a point on that as I've heard other people worry about this. Our cabin was directly above the Havana club which played dance music til late on Ventura and we didn't hear a sound any night - maybe just a well soundproofed ship?

It all sort of comes together at once, we look at

1) price

2) itinerary

3) line

4) date

5) cabin

Our experience then comes into play as we rate service standards very high but when selecting a cabin, although we would love a balcony we would take a great deal and go inside whenever necessary.

For instance, we generally feel that P&O service is inferior to other lines we have tried but we have cruised twice with them and have just booked another as it is a new ship, a good price and the date and itinerary suit our needs at the time.

I am happy to keep repeating the Caribbean but my DH now wants to explore other regions so next time the itinerary will lead.

Its all a matter of what is important at the time.

I make no apology for the signature - its what makes me happy and it does no harm to anyone - I am just so very grateful and fortunate to have cruised at all and if it provokes conversation between like minded travelers then I am very happy. In a similar way to not having one is an equal reason to chat!

I decide roughly where I want to go and when and then see what my options are, weighing up detailed itinery, ship and cost. All things being equal, I have a preference for certain lines and ships over others, but do not let this dictate where and when I go.

The itinerary has to be right but then so does the cruise line and the cabin. If I couldn't get the cabin I wanted I would look at another cruise. We spend a lot of time on our balcony so that has to be right. We are lucky in that we can cruise at any time of year and do not have to stick to school holiday time so there is usually a reasonable amount of choice.

It depends - occasionally it is itinerary, but sometimes its just if it has been too long since we've been on a ship - then we start looking around - if there is one at an acceptable price on an acceptable ship then, after a lot of discussion, it is booked.

We had been off QV in May for a whole fortnight :eek: before starting to look - P&O obviously knew this, so bombarded us with offers - we had booked by mid June - though we don't actually sail for a few more weeks:D.

We have nothing else booked as I find it difficult to consider the next one before taking an upcoming one but just wait til mid January ...:(

What is important to you?

"Get that cruise booked I must cruise sod the cabin and whichever ship" ?

Or "I will only cruise if the itinerary and the ship and the cabin are right" ?

I ask because it seems that some posters are hell bent on adding up their cruise total at the detriment of destination and cabin comfort.

Prove me wrong.

Sorry I don't have a signature a mile long

Mike

What a very strange starting point, "detriment of destination and cabin comfort".

So some people book any cruise and uncomfortable cabins just to add them to a list????? They must have a lot of money.

But what if you have been to all destinations, does that mean you have to stop cruising.

Some people enjoy cruising ie. being on a ship at sea and therefore do not care where they go as long as there are plenty sea days.

Others do not have a lot of choice, if you want to cruise in the winter and have some sunshine and do not wish to fly, then you end up with a series of Canaries cruises.

Personally we enjoy any type of cruising but we do aim to travel in mini suites or the like, mainly because of the room I need for my scooter. Being disabled I find cruising to be a perfect holiday as it is far less stressful than land based.

So Mike, why could you not just ask the question without the bark at the end?

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived