Diamond lounge..??

We were on the Brilliance for 24 days in Europe this past Aug. For diamond + they had the C/L and they served wine, mixed drinks (well drinks), beer and very nice appetizers. They used a room on the 13th deck for Diamond members and served only wine and some nuts. You paid for any other drinks. I think each ship does different things. We know this because we sometimes went to the Diamond lounge to visit with friends.

Alice

We just returned from a week on the Mariner. Not one word -- verbal, written, posted, whatever -- regarding a nightly Diamond event (or even ONE night!) the entire trip. I just figured it was another "cut back". BTW, that ship was full and there had to have been plenty of us Diamonds/Plus on the ship that week.

RCL policy states Diamond event is only on seven night or longer. The small ships usually do the short cruises 3-5 nights.

NOT if you're in MAIN SEATING 6:00 dinner!!!

On Celebrity, we can drink from 4-6, on RCCL, only 5-6...

And it's free hard drinks on all Celebrity ships...

For those of us who don't care all that much for wine, the policy on Voyager class and smaller sort of sucks...

Since we always do Main Seating and I prefer to drink Jack, Celebrity's deal is FAR SUPERIOR!!!

When I have main seating, I can have before dinner drinks from 5 to 6, then stop back after for a cognac.

:D

The CL and DL are "open" 24 hrs. Both lounges have fruit, hot chocolate, teas and a specialty coffee machine always available. Continental breakfast is served from (usually) 8-10 AM. There is also Jameson's whiskey. Right, no Canadian blends at all.

I haven't had the experience of a CL having fruit except at breakfast.

We just returned from a week on the Mariner. Not one word -- verbal, written, posted, whatever -- regarding a nightly Diamond event (or even ONE night!) the entire trip. I just figured it was another "cut back". BTW, that ship was full and there had to have been plenty of us Diamonds/Plus on the ship that week.

You should have asked the loyalty ambassador. Btw there are no diamond lounge on the Voyager Class ships!

I am afraid that you were "forgotten". Indeed, you should have gone to the LA, because I am quite sure that there WAS a nightly Diamond event going on, probably in The Dungeon, but no one put the notice in your cabin. Either the LA or your steward dropped the ball.

Sorry that this happened to you.

We were on the Brilliance for 24 days in Europe this past Aug. For diamond + they had the C/L and they served wine, mixed drinks (well drinks), beer and very nice appetizers. They used a room on the 13th deck for Diamond members and served only wine and some nuts. You paid for any other drinks. I think each ship does different things. We know this because we sometimes went to the Diamond lounge to visit with friends.

Alice

Ships do not (are not supposed to) "do different things."

Any ship that does not have a dedicated Diamond Lounge (only Freedom and Oasis class ships have them) holds a nightly "Diamond Event" in the venue that the Hotel and Food & Beverage Managers have chosen. There you will be served wine, champagne & soft drinks without charge, and other drinks at a 25% discount. There is rarely food, and then only nuts and/or trail mix.

RCL policy states Diamond event is only on seven night or longer. The small ships usually do the short cruises 3-5 nights.

1. The OP was on the Mariner, which is not a small ship.

2. The Monarch and Majesty, which ARE small ships and generally only do 3-4 night cruises, have a nightly Diamond event. Last weekend on Majesty it was in the Viking Crown Lounge.

Celebrity Elite (Diamond) breakfast and cocktail menus

8f8dcb07.png

d55e6be2.png

b33e84b5.png

9ea9d344.png

We enjoy RCCL lounges equally as much as Celebrity.

Happy cruising...Joanne

Do I understand correctly that Celebrity is now offering complimentary drinks in a certain lounge? Haven't sailed them since July but that wasn't happening then.

Do I understand correctly that Celebrity is now offering complimentary drinks in a certain lounge? Haven't sailed them since July but that wasn't happening then.

Yes, if you are an Elite Member of the Captain's Club or a Diamond/Diamond Plus Member in C&A.

Here is a portion of what those members of the Captain’s Club who are Elite Members can expect........

spacer.gif Elite Member Benefits* (After 10 earned tier credits)**

• Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

• Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing‡

• One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer

• Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item

• Complimentary 90 minute Internet package (can be applied towards a larger Internet package)

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (open daily except embarkation and the evening of the Senior Officers’ Cocktail Party)

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one (1) port day of your choice, while the ship is in port) spacer.gif

On Eclipse last week, they had a nice spread for breakfast in the Sky Lounge

32489725.png

5ccba0b0.png

My favorite quiet spot to enjoy breakfast at sea...give me Sky Lounge, although Michael's club is nice too

Happy cruising...Joanne

Looks like great compliance with food safety standards VSP 7.3.3.6.1

Alice

Hi, Alice!

In 9 days we're on the BoS for the first time, for a 12-night Med & Egypt cruise -- and wondering if the Concierge Lounge serves lunch or even snacks at embarkation time (first day) so we don't have to deal with the crowds at the Windjammer...? (We're Diamond "only" but in a GS, so we can use the CL. It was open for lunch on boarding day for us on the Oasis in January, when we were also in a suite.)

Or is there a more intimate place Diamond or Suite guests can go for that first lunch?

And what is the "Yacht Club" across from the CL on the deck plan?

Thanks for any insights and advice!

Mary-Lou

I am confused, so if the ship has a Diamond lounge (Oasis, Allure, Freedom, Liberty, Independence) cocktails are included, but if it is a Diamond event it is not? I think I am reading that correctly. As of today, all the others have a nightly Diamond Event.

Also there is some confusion if beer is included in the process or not.

Free in a Diamond Lounge, 25 % off at a Diamond event.

Anyone have any ideas there?

Cocktails and beer are free in the Diamond Lounge:D, discounted at the Diamond event.:mad: Wine, Champagne, and soft drinks are free.

And ships with a Diamond Lounge have a continental breakfast, not a special Diamond breakfast in the MDR or side dining rooms.

Why is it that RCI has done away with the extended drink menu on the VOS class and lower ships? Went on Voyager a couple years ago and they used the card room off the Crown Lounge for the Diamond lounge every night and they had beer, wine, champagne, basic cocktails and hot/cold hors deourves. The new diamond event is like an after thought on some ships these days. MOS recently had it in the dungeon which was very dark and creepy and when my wife asked the server if she could see the bottles of wine she could choose from the server simply said red or white, which do you want. We both ordered red which tasted as if the bottle had been left out in the sun for a week. We promptly left and didnt even finish our wine. It kinda feels as if RCI is just doing the absolute minimum on the Diamond event just to say they did something. I'd rather they just did away with it all together, outside the Freedom/Oasis ships, and just say that costs are the reason instead of making a weak attempt. JMHO.

I'm a newer Diamond and new to Freedom OTS. So am I eligible for a nightly event? I thought they had done away with most diamond perks. If so , this is cool!

Karen

Hi Karen, and yes as a Diamond Member you will have complete access to the Diamond Lounge on Freedom. It has all the amenities that the CL has but a much better view. Enjoy:)

Why is it that RCI has done away with the extended drink menu on the VOS class and lower ships? Went on Voyager a couple years ago and they used the card room off the Crown Lounge for the Diamond lounge every night and they had beer, wine, champagne, basic cocktails and hot/cold hors deourves. The new diamond event is like an after thought on some ships these days. MOS recently had it in the dungeon which was very dark and creepy and when my wife asked the server if she could see the bottles of wine she could choose from the server simply said red or white, which do you want. We both ordered red which tasted as if the bottle had been left out in the sun for a week. We promptly left and didnt even finish our wine. It kinda feels as if RCI is just doing the absolute minimum on the Diamond event just to say they did something. I'd rather they just did away with it all together, outside the Freedom/Oasis ships, and just say that costs are the reason instead of making a weak attempt. JMHO.

Consistency is a word that is not in the RCI vocabulary.

Archived