Voyager in 2 weeks! Any tips?

We are going on Voyager in two weeks from today. We are super excited especially since we are taking our two adult children. This will be their first cruise and they are really excited also. Do you have any last minute tips or hints for our kids as they begin their addiction to cruising? Any special hints for the VOS? Thanks in advance. I always learn so much on these boards!

If asked,I would tell them to explore....check in around 11am, maximize their early onboard time...

grab some lunch...be sure they try the chicken....it is special on sailaway day.

Explore..check out the Main Dining Room....Find the theatre, go find the ice skating rink...walk the Prominade...check out the venues around the ship. At 1pm, cabins will be available, drop your stuff....check out the day's activities, find things they like...be sure they attend the first evening's show...the cruise director will give them lots of new info!

From my point of view...smile....alot...say hello to total strangers, it is amazing the life long friends that are made on a ship.

If you plan on Portofino's,stop by there make your reservations, if you are doing anything at the Spa, stop by make your reservations.

Be sure to be around for sailaway....

Bon Voyage!!!!

Dining room is only open for lunch on sea days. Personally I think Johnny Rockets is not very good at all. I won't pay to eat a burger that I can get better at home. Obviously, that's a matter of personal taste. I think the suggestion to just walk all over the ship and get "acquainted" with her is right on. We took our adult children on Voyager a couple of years ago ,and I sort of gave them the guided tour first day. After that, they did whatever they wanted....like using the hot tubs at 3 AM!

If they have a smart phone, bring it along. Put it into air plane mode to avoid charges. Review the compass and enter interesting (things you may do) items into the calendar of the smart phone.

On the day you board, check your table in the MDR.

When ever possible, attend TEA TIME and have a bite of bread pudding.

Sign everyone up for the Meat & Mingle.

Visit the CC meat & mingle board. Join in the "slot pull".

Do NOT enter the blackjack tournament.

Archived