Shuttle Launch - December 17, 2010

BC Todd

It seems there may be a Shuttle launch on December 17th when we are starting our 2nd leg of our Back to Back cruises.

Is there any chance we may see the Shuttle from POM? Even just a white contrail would be a dream come true for me.:)

It seems there may be a Shuttle launch on December 17th when we are starting our 2nd leg of our Back to Back cruises.

Is there any chance we may see the Shuttle from POM? Even just a white contrail would be a dream come true for me.:)

On a very very clear day it is possible . . . that's the best I can offer.

Answer based on living within 20 miles of the pad, previously lived closer, and have watched launches from the bridge of ships 200 miles down range - if watched the launch includes we saw the contrail and even the flame of the rockets burning . . . folks have reported seeing the contrail from Miami.

No.

I disagree. Some of my friends saw a shuttle launch on a very clear day from Las Olas Blvd and the beach in Ft. Lauderdale a year or so ago. They mostly could see only flames and the vapor trail, but there was no mistaking what it was. They purposely went to the beach to look for it.

Archived