Hot tubs on the ships

trbr81

In most places kids aren't allowed in Hot tubs - why are they allowed in them on the ships - just off the pride and they were pretty much full of kids all the time. Is it the same on other Cruise Lines?

Yes pretty much the same. You went with a lot of kids if you cruised Thanksgiving week.

Most CCL ships if not all have an adults only area that the kids are not allowed in the hot tub and/or pool.

We just got off the Freedom on Sunday...this was a huge point of contention for me! I realize it was a Thanksgiving sailing and there would be many children, I also have 2 children (girls ages 7 and 9).

I am appalled at the people who take a baby in a hot tub, also the amount of children using it as a swimming pool...splashing and kicking, snorkeling.. totally unenjoyable...not to mention that the hot tub water was not hot at all...it was lukewarm at best.

We have sailed Carnival many times and I recall when my girls were younger, there was actually a sign outside of the hot tubs and pools that stated NO SWIM DIAPERS. There also used to be monitoring of this by the staff...there was no staff in site. I could go on and on about this subject, but I don't want to get aggravated all over again.

The last time I was in the hot tub (I refused to go in again after this) I saw a mother actually laughing and calling attention to friends, that her child was peeing through her swim diaper onto the floor outside the hot tub. She thought this was cute???

I realize that there are adult only hot tubs on the ship but I wouldn't be able to be with my children, I think that one of the 2 hot tubs that are side by sde in the main lido deck swimming area should be designated adult only, so parents with children swimming right there in that pool, are able to see their children...I also realize I am in the minority as most of the kids I saw had NO parents/adult supervision in site of them swimming.

The reason that children are not allowed in hot tubs has to do with their body's ability to regulate heat. As they get older this concern goes away and is pretty much gone by the age of 8 or 9.

Having said that the hot tubs on the ship are anything but hot, I would be amazed if the water temperature is over 95 degrees so there is not a concern with overheating, which is the only reason to keep them out to begin with.

Public hot tubs are yucky - especially on cruise ships where kids from age one (in diapers) and up can use them as their potty - ney ney stay away!!!!!

Using this logic, definitely stay out of the ocean too.

Our experience is that many, if not all of the pools, are so cold that kids simply want to get warm after being in the cold pools. I don't know why cruise lines (seems like all of the one's we have been on) can't do something about warming up the water in the pools in the colder regions. We usually cruise from California, and until we've been south in Mexico for a day or two, the pools are usually very cold and still never get very warm in Mexico.

We went on the NCL Star once, and they actually have a hot tub (warm tub) in the kids pool area! I thought that was great, and it really helped keep the kids out of the other hot tubs on the ship. There are usually too few hot tubs on ships to begin with, and simply making a "kids only" hot tub would seem like it would be a win/win for all ages!

We have a pool and hot tub at home, and we use both of them a much as possible. My family and I are pool/water junkies it seems. One of the biggest frustrations about cruise lines has to be the way they do their pools and hot tubs. This is certainly not only a carnival issue in my opinion. I was amazed at how poorly the Mariner of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas did when it came to their cleaning schedule of their pools and hot tubs...meaning that they closed down the main hot tubs in the prime evening hours for cleaning (instead of waiting until the wee morning hours) and only left the adults only hot tub open...which meant all the kids and teens who were out and about only had the adult area to use...which they did.

Here are my biggest complaints:

1) Cleaning/closed pools and hot tub hours usually seem to be poorly planned on most of the cruises we have been on.

2) COLD POOLS and luke warm hot tubs - not a good combo!

3) Not enough hot tubs and at least make one designated a kids only, so it will free up other hot tubs for adults.

4) Salt water pools - not good. Princess and HAL have the ability to do fresh water, why not the other cruise lines??? I know there is a debate on this on the merits of salt water on your skin and hair, but I would guess a majority of people prefer freshwater. (I think a handful of other ships have freshwater too...like Oasis and Freedom class ship on RCL, but the rest of the fleet is salt!)

5) They need to vacuum the pools...usually they only seem to drain them, but the bigger debris items still are left on the bottom of the pool and don't get filtered out.

Well, I feel better now after gripping :)

The aft Lido pool and hot tub on the Pride are adults only. If there were kids on those, you should have kicked 'em out!

yes, on the aft they are adult only, however the main lido area mid ship is what I was referring to...should be at least one adult only hot tub there, they hold all the pool games and entertaining contests there, yet there are no adult hot tubs or pools in that area.

In most places kids aren't allowed in Hot tubs - why are they allowed in them on the ships - just off the pride and they were pretty much full of kids all the time. Is it the same on other Cruise Lines?

because they are warm. if this bothers you, find the one that says adults only.

it's the same on all cruise lines i've been on.

Hot tubs are not for children because they can be VERY harmful for children. Children under 12 DO NOT BELONG anywhere near a hot-tub with OR without their parent!

Lets just ban the little urchins from the ships entirely!

Just kidding!

We were on Carnival Splendor in the Baltic Sea in 2008, and the pools were always heated. I believe most of the Carnival fleet has the ability to heat the pools if so ordered. Just wish they would heat them more often, and especially make the "hot tubs" "hot"!

Hot tubs are not for children because they can be VERY harmful for children. Children under 12 DO NOT BELONG anywhere near a hot-tub with OR without their parent!

In 40 cruises I have yet to see a hot tub that is hotter than a bathtub. The hot tubs on ships and not harmful to children.

Kid free in the serenity area on CCL ships

We just got off the Freedom on Sunday...this was a huge point of contention for me! I realize it was a Thanksgiving sailing and there would be many children, I also have 2 children (girls ages 7 and 9).

I am appalled at the people who take a baby in a hot tub, also the amount of children using it as a swimming pool...splashing and kicking, snorkeling.. totally unenjoyable...not to mention that the hot tub water was not hot at all...it was lukewarm at best.

We have sailed Carnival many times and I recall when my girls were younger, there was actually a sign outside of the hot tubs and pools that stated NO SWIM DIAPERS. There also used to be monitoring of this by the staff...there was no staff in site. I could go on and on about this subject, but I don't want to get aggravated all over again.

The last time I was in the hot tub (I refused to go in again after this) I saw a mother actually laughing and calling attention to friends, that her child was peeing through her swim diaper onto the floor outside the hot tub. She thought this was cute???

I realize that there are adult only hot tubs on the ship but I wouldn't be able to be with my children, I think that one of the 2 hot tubs that are side by sde in the main lido deck swimming area should be designated adult only, so parents with children swimming right there in that pool, are able to see their children...I also realize I am in the minority as most of the kids I saw had NO parents/adult supervision in site of them swimming.

Grrrrrrr! I agree!

P.S.-- like your name!

Archived