looks as if the Dream is finished

Just checked the Drydock webcam for Hamburg and Thomson Dream has gone so hopefully will be waiting for us next Wednesday in Southampton:D:D:D:D

Are you sure?? According to Marine Traffic it is still there:confused:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?SHIPNAME=thomson+dream&TYPE_SUMMARY=&PORT_ID=&menuid=&datasource=SHIPS_CURRENT&app=&mode=&B1=Search

The Dream moved out of the drydock today and is now alongside for the work to finish, lifeboats to be reshipped etc etc.

The Dream has backed out of the floating dock and is still there in Hamburg.

Press the Webcam 1 buttom towards the bottom of my Thomson Dream website front page at www.dysongs.net/hols to see a better view.

(Quite a bit of snow around over there today).

If you check the Southampton Shipping Movements Website...

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp

...you will see that the Dream is due into Southampton at 06:30 on Wednesday Dec 8th and due out at 17:00 on the same day

(which is a little surprising as the Thomson Brochure said it was leaving at 18:00 - so I guess anyone crusing to the Caribbean that day should check their departure times!!!)

My party is having a day off next wednesday and will be travelling to Southampton to watch the ship depart from Mayflower Park near the dock so to any of you travelling that day, we'll give you a wave off as you go!

We all travel back from the Caribbean with the ship in March on the Caribbean Crossing Cruise

Sorry Dysongs, just seen your post:o:o Let us know what she looks like:D

Will do and I will post pics.

I would be very interested in reading reviews of anyone who sails on her from Southampton on the 8th, when they get back. I'd like to know if they think there are improvements.

On another note, I'm just watching the Ark Royal dock for the last time at Portsmouth on the news. Apparently there is a website called AIS which shows realtime positions of ships. I think DaveTheRoad told us about it?

I got there via http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and watched the Ark come in. The Thomson Dream's position can also be found in Hamburg if you have the patience to search for it then zoom in and point

Will do and I will post pics.

I would be very interested in reading reviews of anyone who sails on her from Southampton on the 8th, when they get back. I'd like to know if they think there are improvements.

On another note, I'm just watching the Ark Royal dock for the last time at Portsmouth on the news. Apparently there is a website called AIS which shows realtime positions of ships. I think DaveTheRoad told us about it?

I got there via http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and watched the Ark come in. The Thomson Dream's position can also be found in Hamburg if you have the patience to search for it then zoom in and point

We are on the Dream on the 8th so will have a go at a review when we get back

We are on the Dream on the 8th so will have a go at a review when we get back

Hi Bikerpair,

Only 3 days to go then so Bon Voyage, safe trip and have a great time. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back

Kev

Looks like the Dream is on her way to Southampton!

She was gone from the webcam view when I looked and so I went over to the AIS shipping movements website and she's just left and travelling west down the River Elbe towards the North Sea at around 10 knots.

Kev

She's in the North Sea on marine traffic, but only doing 1.5 knots:confused::confused:

Crew training or engine failure :eek:

She veered north toward Helgoland and then slowed from 15 knots.

doing 1 knot now, this could be the tide.

Crew training or engine failure :eek:

She veered north toward Helgoland and then slowed from 15 knots.

doing 1 knot now, this could be the tide.

She seems to be zigzagging about:eek: Do you think the crew are all drunk:confused::D

10 knots now though:)

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=248481000&centerx=7.8185&centery=54.15217

Archived