No Shorts in CL

I disagree...I think this reply is freakin hilarious. My guess the CL snobs are also the ones who save lounge chairs by the pool all freakin day...oh but the rules don't apply to them!

They don't have to save chairs on some classes of ships. RCI does it for them. One of the suite perks is reserved seating by the pool, in the theater and at the ice shows. Don't assume someone is a snob because they book a suite.

Not even close to being funny, grow up.:(

So agree -

Perhaps it is a way to cope with feeling inadequate - ridiculing in the form of slightly caustic somewhat attempted clever comments what we do not understand &/or belong in/to or with and likely want to but its JMO......

Have happy cruisin'! :)

I disagree...I think this reply is freakin hilarious. My guess the CL snobs are also the ones who save lounge chairs by the pool all freakin day...oh but the rules don't apply to them!

U wld find the reply hilarious...I suspect u have the same mindset as the writer & likely for the same reason.. :)

Good! there is too much riff raff allowed in the C L to begin with. Who can enjoy looking down your nose if there are no "little people" to point at and ridicule. What's the meaning of becoming DIAMOND if you can't flaunt it in other peoples' face. For all the DIAMOND, Double Diamond, Triple Diamond, Platinum, Urainium, and Spinktadond rise up and forever ban this trash forever for insulting our precious eyes and sensibilities.:rolleyes:

Well, I completely disagree with you, but you really expressed your opinion very well. Well written, if a little misguided.

So agree -

Perhaps it is a way to cope with feeling inadequate - ridiculing in the form of slightly caustic somewhat attempted clever comments what we do not understand &/or belong in/to or with and likely want to but its JMO......

Have happy cruisin'! :)[/quote

....why thank you Sigmund.....perhaps we should explore this thread and see where it brings us.....it all began years ago when I ran into a DIAMOND member in line to the buffet......I started a conversation but was quickly cut off and reminded quite forcefully that the person I was speaking to was DIAMOND and should hence forth address him in a manner as "your diamondness". That made me look deep into my inadaqu..........Oh look at the time......Same time next week?....Don't forget to pay on your way out............:(

Good! there is too much riff raff allowed in the C L to begin with. Who can enjoy looking down your nose if there are no "little people" to point at and ridicule. What's the meaning of becoming DIAMOND if you can't flaunt it in other peoples' face. For all the DIAMOND, Double Diamond, Triple Diamond, Platinum, Urainium, and Spinktadond rise up and forever ban this trash forever for insulting our precious eyes and sensibilities.:rolleyes:

HA Ha It does get too complicated sometimes. One year we were informed by the DL Concierge that shorts were not allowed after 6 pm... I was very offended..:eek:...finished my drink and left. We ran in to the concierge just outside the lounge He said he was sorry but someone complained and he had to let us know.....Sometimes the Diamond folk get a little full of themselves......:rolleyes: I was sure to wear long pants thereafter.:):):)

HA Ha It does get too complicated sometimes. One year we were informed by the DL Concierge that shorts were not allowed after 6 pm... I was very offended..:eek:...finished my drink and left. We ran in to the concierge just outside the lounge He said he was sorry but someone complained and he had to let us know.....Sometimes the Diamond folk get a little full of themselves......:rolleyes: I was sure to wear long pants thereafter.:):):)

Why were you offended?

If he had to inform you of that rule it is evident you didn't know about it. He was only letting you know to save you further embarassment.

The problem may be that pax assume that shorts are allowed anywhere and everywhere.

Hmmmn sorry to say the cl letter you get in cabin says appropriate dress and proper footwear as mentioned. When we stop in for a drink we are both usually casual...dressy shorts...and for hubby he is usually in his tommy bahama shorts and shirt...dress sandals. never ever have had a word said. now too many others when we were on explorer were allowed to bring young children in. They were in suite blah blah blah. So big deal..so were we. As long as these kids were not screaming..i didnt care. But a good concierge in these economics knows what to enforce and not to enforce...it's money in his or her pocket. TIPS

We will be in Diamond Lounge on Allure. Don't think he is going to get dressed up every night to use this. His theory is....if we wanted to be formally dressed everynight we would be sailing on Seabourne. We love Royal Caribbean and for the near future intend to keep sailing on RCCL. I am sure not going to tolerate fashion police. Luggage costs to much to bring these days.

Why were you offended?

If he had to inform you of that rule it is evident you didn't know about it. He was only letting you know to save you further embarassment.

The problem may be that pax assume that shorts are allowed anywhere and everywhere.

Well, I was offended not because I was asked to follow the rules...I was wrong and should have read the letter closer. Up till that time I have worn short pants in the CL too...never thought anything of it. But this time the concierge said he really was telling me because someone in the room complained about short pants. I was chapped because every day up till that day (3) I had seen men wearing shorts. I also saw people wearing shorts every night thereafter!!! I felt singled out by someone who complained....I figured it was some self important person who parked their butts in the DL every night and sat in judgment of others. No big deal I learned my lession and will not wear shorts in the DL or Cl again...And most important...I will not harrass those who wear shorts!!:):):)

Archived