Best century inside cabins penthouse deck

Holly2

My favorite 9A's on Century are on the Resort Deck, on the Penthouse Deck cabin 1087 would be two floors below my favorite cabin. I'm not sure if being right below the buffet is good or bad:confused:

That location has easy access to mid-ship and rear stairs, providing easy access to the buffet, pool are and the sunset bar.

Beth

Thanks for your suggestions; unfortunately, being under the buffet is something I'd like to avoid. I understand that the cabins in front (under the Aqua Spa) are the quietest -- does anyone know if motion is a problem there?

Are you attached to the idea of a 9A? We had a cat 10 inside on Panorama deck, as well as a balcony cabin across the hall. We were on the port side, midship, between the forward and midship elevators. We liked the location; it was convenient and quiet (and a great price!) I'm a light sleeper, and didn't want to be below any public areas like restaurants or bars or pool deck. We were above the computer area and, I think, Michael's lounge. But we never heard a peep. Good luck; hope you find the cabin and price you're looking for.

We loved the inside cabins on the deck above the pool deck ( the sports deck. (1214,1216,1217, 1219) We were only steps away from a balcony, the pool, the buffet. We have stayed in sets of those rooms twice and loved them even though we usually go for a balcony.

We loved the inside cabins on the deck above the pool deck ( the sports deck. (1214,1216,1217, 1219) We were only steps away from a balcony, the pool, the buffet. We have stayed in sets of those rooms twice and loved them even though we usually go for a balcony.

These are my favorite rooms too. We'll be in 1217 for the second time in less than two weeks and we have 1216 booked for our May 2012 cruise on the Century, it's a very convenient location:)

We are staying aft on the Century for the Panama Canal cruise. What was your experience aft? We are staying in a Sunset Verandah. Any input would be helful.

Thanks

The Century is bumpy in the aft when manouvering. The Sunset Verandahs are over the Sunset Bar, so you are likely to hear the bar noise. Your view will be of the white tarp like cover over the bar area. Someone did recently post a picture of the view from the balcony of a Sunset Verandah, if you search threads you can probably find it. It is a convenient location to the buffet, pool area and the sunset bar.

Beth

I had 1076, an inside cabin that was right under a food serving area in the middle of the buffet.

Never heard a thing at any time of the day -- not when the kitchen staff was preparing food at 4am, nor at breakfast, lunch, late afternoon, dinner time...

So I think you'd actually be okay to be in an inside cabin underneath the buffet. Don't know if the outside cabins would be different, what with people dragging chairs back and forth at the table.

Beware! I booked an inside cabin on the Plaza deck (#5054) several years ago just after the renovation, and was shocked to enter the cabin and find a huge column right smack in the middle. With a twin bed configuration I literally had to climb over one of the beds to get in and out of the bathroom. I was horrified after having planned so long and trying to get the best cabin location that I had read nothing posted on these boards about it, and when I complained there was absolutely nothing they would do since the ship was fully booked (supposedly). I do not know how many other insides on the Century might be configured like this or if it was just on that deck, but I would try and find out so that you do not have to experience what I did.

We like 9167 which is a sideways inside cabin on deck 9. 9165 is not as good as it is next to a crew area for room stewards and we heard banging of equipment when we were in our room.Next cruise, we are booked on 1216 (ljk76) so I hope I like that one too.

We like 9167 which is a sideways inside cabin on deck 9. 9165 is not as good as it is next to a crew area for room stewards and we heard banging of equipment when we were in our room.Next cruise, we are booked on 1216 (ljk76) so I hope I like that one too.

We have 1216 for the 2012 West Coast cruise. We had 1217 last April and will again in 8 days. I'm sure 1216 is as nice as 1217, I like 1217 a bit more since it is an end cabin and not between two cabins.

Beth

Thank you all for your opinions. As it turned out, by the time the Xciting deal came around, there weren't any inside cabins left that would take a triple :(. (I had one on a courtesy hold but they couldn't/wouldn't rebook it at the lower rate.) Fortunately, we were able to book a C2 for not THAT much more -- just have to make the best of it ;).

Archived