Early Saver Question

KatyAnn

If you booked thru Carnival website, it should have given you a choice of several prices and options, Early Saver, Past Guest, etc. If you go on to their website and look at your rez info you should be able to see what you booked, if all else fails you can give carnival a gingle and they will let you know.

Typically, you'd know if you booked ES because there are plenty of caveots and fine print they have you read through before you book.

How do you know if you are an "early saver?' We booked 5 months in advance for a 7 day cruise. Does this automatically put us in the ES category?

This is a Booking type that you would have had to have selected at time of booking. Either call your Booking Agent and ask, or check your Booking Confirmation - towards the end there should be a "Conditions" section - if you're booked ES it will have terms like "non-refundable deposit", "no name changes", etc.

If you ARE booked ES you should be aware of the Terms and Conditions at bottom of http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx page and you should be checking for price drops (see below).

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates. The Early Saver Price Protection is ONLY for Carnival-advertised rates.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com .

ken

Thanks for your help everyone. I called Carnival and the rep said that we were not ES, but she was nice enough to look up any promos we might be eligible for. At this time we are not eligible for any. The cost of the cruise has gone up $70pp since we booked. And we saved $300 for going the fun saver route. We are early savers in that sense. :)

I called up to book for Nov.,2011 and she told me I could book the regular fare, which will hold the room and if I decide to cancel, no cost or I can switch and get the ES, with all the restrictions, to get a better rate. I had such a bad experience with the reservation lady that I cancelled right there and talked to her supervisor. Whenever I have made reservations, they always asked what size table I wanted and she did not-in fact said they did not ask that-the supervisor said some Carnival agents do-so now, I am hoping to get a nice one. Carnival does not give OBC and big discounts now. The best I could get was $25 off listed price total for 2. Anyone found a source(I know you can not give the travel agency name) for better discount? Thanks!

I called up to book for Nov.,2011 and she told me I could book the regular fare, which will hold the room and if I decide to cancel, no cost or I can switch and get the ES, with all the restrictions, to get a better rate. I had such a bad experience with the reservation lady that I cancelled right there and talked to her supervisor. Whenever I have made reservations, they always asked what size table I wanted and she did not-in fact said they did not ask that-the supervisor said some Carnival agents do-so now, I am hoping to get a nice one. Carnival does not give OBC and big discounts now. The best I could get was $25 off listed price total for 2. Anyone found a source(I know you can not give the travel agency name) for better discount? Thanks!

I think Carnival used to do that, so that's maybe why you remember it?? Carnival has not done this for years. They no longer ask what size table you want. There is no place on the booking to put it. I guess if you insist and get a supervisor on the phone they can add it to the notes on the booking .. very unlikely the maitre d' will read your booking notes.

You were upset over nothing, something that is no longer on the booking form. I am never asked on Carnival. RCL, yes, but not on Carnival. .. however, Carnival does a bang up job assigning your seat mates. It could be you remember it from cruising another line too ..I cant remember how many years its been since it has been something you could add to the booking.

I think Carnival used to do that, so that's maybe why you remember it?? Carnival has not done this for years. They no longer ask what size table you want. There is no place on the booking to put it. I guess if you insist and get a supervisor on the phone they can add it to the notes on the booking .. very unlikely the maitre d' will read your booking notes.

You were upset over nothing, something that is no longer on the booking form. I am never asked on Carnival. RCL, yes, but not on Carnival. .. however, Carnival does a bang up job assigning your seat mates. It could be you remember it from cruising another line too ..I cant remember how many years its been since it has been something you could add to the booking.

I am not wrong-as I booked directly with Carnival in July for Nov.,2010 for the identical cruise and they asked what size table I wanted and I told them 6-8 people. The supervisor I talked to told me that some of their agents ask what size table and some do not.

Also, I was not upset for just that-she made several mistakes, like booking me in wrong type cabin(real problem since I was going to book ES), giving wrong price, not listening to me, etc. I was so excited about making this reservation(we also have two other crusies-HAL and Princess- booked for 2011) and she totally ruined my happy buzz.

I thank you for your opinion but saying I was " upset over nothing'

is not true. No one likes being told their feelings and emotions are wrong

or we are 'upset over nothing'. Everything else you said was fine, wrong in places, but fine.

I am not wrong-as I booked directly with Carnival in July for Nov.,2010 for the identical cruise and they asked what size table I wanted and I told them 6-8 people. The supervisor I talked to told me that some of their agents ask what size table and some do not.

Also, I was not upset for just that-she made several mistakes, like booking me in wrong type cabin(real problem since I was going to book ES), giving wrong price, not listening to me, etc. I was so excited about making this reservation(we also have two other crusies-HAL and Princess- booked for 2011) and she totally ruined my happy buzz.

I thank you for your opinion but saying I was " upset over nothing'

is not true. No one likes being told their feelings and emotions are wrong

or we are 'upset over nothing'. Everything else you said was fine, wrong in places, but fine.

I was not saying a word about your feelings.

You might do a seach for some of the threads on the subject of requesting a table size on your booking .. ALL of them say you cant ask ahead of time.. you are the first person to insist that it will be on the booking.

I can double check next week, as you claim Im wrong .. but I think Carnival does not have any place for this info on your actual booking .. yes, they can put all kinds of things in the notes, but its doubtfull a maitre d' is going to read thru a bunch of bookings NOTES ..

What I said was it will not be on the booking, nothing about your feelings of asking for a supervisor because some rep did not ask this question which they dont ask now .. because it is not on the booking any more.

I was not saying a word about your feelings.

You might do a seach for some of the threads on the subject of requesting a table size on your booking .. ALL of them say you cant ask ahead of time.. you are the first person to insist that it will be on the booking.

I can double check next week, as you claim Im wrong .. but I think Carnival does not have any place for this info on your actual booking .. yes, they can put all kinds of things in the notes, but its doubtfull a maitre d' is going to read thru a bunch of bookings NOTES ..

What I said was it will not be on the booking, nothing about your feelings of asking for a supervisor because some rep did not ask this question which they dont ask now .. because it is not on the booking any more.

I was not ticked because she did not ask-I was ticked because I know, whether it is on a form or not, that some on their agents ask-as the supervisor confirmed and as I did with my last experience 4-5 months ago and I did not ask, the Carnival agent asked me. 'You are the first person to insist that it will be on the booking'-I can not imagine that!:)

Archived