Knowing your cabin number

smilin jack

When you have a guarantee cabin, how soon before the cruise will you be assigned a cabin?

We will be on the Sojourn for Christmas and New Years that sails on Dec. 20th. I guess they could wait until we board and that would be fine. I was just wondering.

Jack

When you have a guarantee cabin, how soon before the cruise will you be assigned a cabin?

We will be on the Sojourn for Christmas and New Years that sails on Dec. 20th. I guess they could wait until we board and that would be fine. I was just wondering.

Jack

smilin jack....we are on the Dec. 10th sailing and about a week ago, people with guarantees saw their suite numbers, so you should be anyday. Just check "already booked" on Seabourn and look for you suite number.

Enjoy!! We're going to!

We also had a guaranteed suite and went from V1 to V5 on the Sojourn's November 19th sailing. The only way we ever found out our suite number was on the "already booked" section of the Seabourn website. Seabourn never directly told us or our travel agent our suite number even during embarkation. Obviously they could have looked it up had we asked.

Of our almost 50 cruises, the Sojourn was the best. You will enjoy it.

We also had a guaranteed suite and went from V1 to V5 on the Sojourn's November 19th sailing. The only way we ever found out our suite number was on the "already booked" section of the Seabourn website. Seabourn never directly told us or our travel agent our suite number even during embarkation. Obviously they could have looked it up had we asked.

Donaldm...any good tidbits to tell us? Did you take any ships tours? See or do anything terrific? Anything you wish you knew before you sailed? Tell me...tell me... :)

Wait...this is off topic....come over to the roll call for Dec. 10th and share your knowledge. Thanks!

Interesting... Did SB simply upgrade you from a V1 to a V5, or was it an upsell of some sort?

Host Dan

Dan - We booked and paid for a V1 category about a month out and received a veranda guarantee. I was unaware of the upgrade and cabin number (618) until I checked our status online about two weeks before the cruise. There was no upsell whatsoever. We took a chance that our view would be partially obstructed by the metal railing. Seabourn's veranda description states:

"Veranda Suite

All Veranda Suites feature a full-length window and glass door to private veranda, comfortable living area, queen-size bed or two twin beds, dining table for two, walk-in closet, interactive flat-screen television with music and movies, fully stocked bar and refrigerator, makeup vanity, spacious bathroom with separate tub and shower. The railings in category V1 are part metal and part glass from floor to teak rail."

It worked out wonderfully and we had a fantastic cruise.

Benzygirl: I will try to post my trip notes in a day or so.

Dan - We booked and paid for a V1 category about a month out and received a veranda guarantee. I was unaware of the upgrade and cabin number (618) until I checked our status online about two weeks before the cruise. There was no upsell whatsoever. We took a chance that our view would be partially obstructed by the metal railing. Seabourn's veranda description states:

"Veranda Suite

All Veranda Suites feature a full-length window and glass door to private veranda, comfortable living area, queen-size bed or two twin beds, dining table for two, walk-in closet, interactive flat-screen television with music and movies, fully stocked bar and refrigerator, makeup vanity, spacious bathroom with separate tub and shower. The railings in category V1 are part metal and part glass from floor to teak rail."

It worked out wonderfully and we had a fantastic cruise.

Benzygirl: I will try to post my trip notes in a day or so.

Interesting, and congrats on your upgrade! What a nice surprise! :)

Host Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We booked the 3/18 Odyssey transat at the end of December - just saw that our "A" guarantee is now an assigned V5. Happy about that one.

Great news! Congrats on the upgrade! :)

Host Dan

We booked the 3/18 Odyssey transat at the end of December - just saw that our "A" guarantee is now an assigned V5. Happy about that one.

Congrats, quick question, is it a disabled room? the thought of a suite without a bath is the one thing that would put me off a guarantee.

The disabled rooms only have a shower and because of limited access do not have a walk in wardrobe and whilst perfectly fine for some it would be a spoiler for me if I were allocated one on a "guarantee" basis.

For me the jury is out on upgrades, personally I think upgrades should be offered from the top down i.e. SS to WG, PH to OW, V6 to PH, V5 to V6 etc etc, but that is just my opinion and I'm sure Seabourn has done it's research, however I think it is rather disheartening to know people in higher grades were upgraded from lower grades whilst not being offered an upgrade oneself.

Archived