Great cruise on Radiance

Just got back yesterday, on Nov 27th sailing. We had a wonderful time and was sorry to have to leave. It was my husband and myself, 40's, my daughter 13 and daughter 10 and mother, 70's. We had two cabins, one balcony on deck 8 and one family cabin on deck 7.

Everyone on ship was very nice. I think they were the friendliest I have ever had, or at least in the last few years.

This was our first cruise on Royal. We have sailed NCL years ago and for the last 5 cruises, Carnival.

Ship was beautiful, although we had some minor plumbing problems. Service was great everywhere from cabin to dinning room to bars.

My 10 year old signed herself out of the kid's program (with directions from me on where to meet me and at what time) and every night as she was walking to our meeting spot, someone would ask her if she was ok or if she needed any help finding something.

Food wasn't as good as we have had in the past, but the ship as a whole, we loved.

...I was on the same cruise ( 5 day Radiance, Nov 27)..and as the last poster just said..Im still swaying as well from very rocky final day of the cruise..I heard there was 15 ft seas pretty much the entire day..this was my 3rd cruise and that was the roughest day at sea Ive had on any cruise..other than the last day the cruise was pleasant..I personally don't have a good review of my MDR experience...oh well.. we ate most our meals at the Windjammer, Seaview Cafe and Solarium Cafe...

I was on your cruise. I'm still swaying back and forth from that last sea day. ;)

PAUL! I just found out yesterday that a very good old friend of mine was on this sailing. Had I known this beforehand I'd have made sure you all met. We're sailing Radiance on President's Day week.

We love rough seas.....Its kind of hard to believe you are so effected by it. :D

This is a first for me. I have no problem with rough seas, and I had a great time rocking and rolling, but this is the first time I've felt it for so long afterwards. I'm actually kinda enjoying it. ;)

PAUL! I just found out yesterday that a very good old friend of mine was on this sailing. Had I known this beforehand I'd have made sure you all met. We're sailing Radiance on President's Day week.

That's too bad, Sam. We would have liked to of met them. President's Day, huh? I may have to look at that. :)

This is a first for me. I have no problem with rough seas, and I had a great time rocking and rolling, but this is the first time I've felt it for so long afterwards. I'm actually kinda enjoying it. ;)

That's too bad, Sam. We would have liked to of met them. President's Day, huh? I may have to look at that. :)

You may have recognized them. They were a group of four siblings (about our age) with their spouses and a bunch of kids. All blond (of Scandanavian descent, though they grew up in the New York City area.) If you saw a large family, probably being a little rowdy without the aid of much aclohol, that would have been them.

We'd love to see you and Tina again. Sailing on the 19th of Febraury.

This is a great resource. I wish I had known about it earlier!

We will be sailing on Radiance the first time on Dec 20th out of Tampa. Thank you for the positive input. I am a little nervous;have never been on a cruise ship before. Especially nice to hear that everyone looks out for the younger ones aboard, thank you.

If anyone has any additional tips for a first time traveler not already covered, please let me know. Thank you.

We were on the cruise in October and my only complaint was that it was only a five night cruise. My husband also thought that the food was not as good as on previouse cruises. We really enjoyed the Seaview for lunch.

My cabin was 7504, but the plumbing issues were minor. There was a leak from the sink, we were told. Leak was fixed, but water was still in pipe. We had to have the fan in the room to dry the carpet. Not a big deal to us, but cabin attendent noticed it and took care of it.

We also didn't have any problems using dollars in Mexico.

We're also on that cruise, great time! Few points: never had, nor saw, single plumbing issue. Last day waves were 15 ft confirmed on our bridge tour(it was rough!). Our MDR food was super except for one pasta dish she just didnt care for. American dollars were taken all over, in fact most never read of supposed rule. Costya Maya is very under rated: get out of cruise ship fake little plaza and explore the town. People there coudn't be any nicer. To get taxi walk all the way out of the fake plaza cruise ship area. Don't give the white van "transportation desk" people a dime. They are lowlifes who wouldn't tell us where taxi's are and even told another couple there were no taxis in town! The small town (Manahual?) is great!

Costya Maya is very under rated: get out of cruise ship fake little plaza and explore the town. People there coudn't be any nicer. To get taxi walk all the way out of the fake plaza cruise ship area. Don't give the white van "transportation desk" people a dime. They are lowlifes who wouldn't tell us where taxi's are and even told another couple there were no taxis in town! The small town (Manahual?) is great!

You make very good points here. We used the bus to get to Mahahual. It was $3 per person. I handed the girl a $10. She handed back $2 and said that was all she had. I knew she was trying to scam me, so I made her give me the remaining $2 out of her tip jar. Sure enough, I watched her take $2 out of her drawer and put it back in the tip jar after I boarded. I didn't fall for it, but it made me wonder how many people have.

If you walk just outside the gate and get a taxi, it's only $2 per person.

This was the first time I went to Mahahual. I will go there every single time from now on. The town was great, the beach was beautiful, and the food was delicious.

Archived