Is anyone on the Cloud for the Xmas voyage?

ging466

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there will be 49 children on board:mad:, yes u read that correctly, 49!!

I got that straight from Judie, the best CD I have ever encountered.

Cheers

Jennifer

P.S. I'm waiting for my flight at LAX, after 7 weeks I'm finally going home. I need to spend quite a long time reading all the Cruise Critic that I have missed.:D

Wow Jennifer weren't we lucky to be on a child free cruise? It was good to meet you. We had a very smooth trip home and hope that you did too. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise apart from having so many smokers in public areas. Did you suffer during the deck barbecue? We had a table of chain smokers near us who smoked throughout the meal and, of course, the smoke drifted a long way.

Wow Jennifer weren't we lucky to be on a child free cruise? It was good to meet you. We had a very smooth trip home and hope that you did too. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise apart from having so many smokers in public areas. Did you suffer during the deck barbecue? We had a table of chain smokers near us who smoked throughout the meal and, of course, the smoke drifted a long way.

Hi Sue

Good to hear u made it back to chilly England. I got home and just as I got in my front door, the handle on my bag broke so I was really lucky that it didn't break during the trip!

I had an excellent time on the Cloud although there were a few little problems along the way ... at some stage I'll write a review.

As for the smoking, I didn't have a problem during the pool BBQ, but often there was a lot of smoke coming from the cabins in the evening.

I loved the Panorama Lounge (especially Monteza, Elbert & Arthur) but didn't like the cigar room right next door.

Cheers

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer - Hope you have an easy trip home. Would love to hear all about your marathon vacation when you have time. Victoria & Bob

Hi Victoria & Bob

Yes the marathon has come to an end.

At 7pm last night, I was waiting for my Bellini to arrive...alas, I'm still waiting:mad:

I've been trying to catch up on my CC reading and at some stage will write a review.

It was an absolute pleasure meeting u & Bob and I hope that I will see u both again on another cruise in the not too distant future.

Cheers

Jennifer

Sounds more like the "Cruise From Hell" than a Christmas cruise. I feel for the passengers who don't have a clue what they are in for.

Hi Marcie

Yes, totally agree with u. Judie, the CD, said she hadn't a clue what to do with them because the Cloud just isn't set up for children.

My first thought was the pool & pool deck will be overrun by kids.:eek:

Cheers

Jennifer

hey everybody,

hey ging466,

we did the transatlantic crossing with the Cloud, Barcelona-Barbados. Not a single child on board. So surprised to read there will be 49 kids on board, let's keep our fingers crossed for Judie, Gianni, Sergio, Chef Douglas, George and Myra from the pool and all the wonderfull crew on board the Cloud.

Now we are planning our next cruise with the Cloud. My travelagent gave me a nice deal, leaving Barbados on March 5th. to FortLauderdale.

In Belgium, Europe, we have a 10 day schoolholiday starting on March 4th. Is this the same deal In the UK and in the USA?

is there a change we have a ship full with kids? It's true, the Cloud isn't designed for children, :)only for great grown ups !!!:)

many thanks to all

Tony, in Georgia (USA) our Spring Break is usually either the week before or after Easter depending on what each county's school system desires. Some colleges have their Spring Break in March but I doubt if college kids will opt for SS.

I guess the next time we book, I'll ask my travel agent to do a monthly check on the "children aboard" situation. I do hope SS will share this information. 49 kids would put both of us over the edge and I'm sure other CC folks feel the same way.

• 4 weeks later...

We've just got off the subsequent cruise on the Cloud (28 Dec to 4 Jan). There were still a large number of children on board (not sure if there were quite 48), but they were, without fail, wonderfully behaved. It's a shame the same can't be said about some of the adults!!!!! :eek:

Simon

Still too much of a crap shoot for me. Simon, you were very fortunate that they were well behaved. What would have happened to your cruise if they weren't? I'm just not into "chances are". All I want to know is if SS will tell you the number of kids aboard if you ask. No one wants to answer this question and I know we have a number of TA's on CC. So, what's up with that???

I don't know why everyone always gets bent out of shape when children are on board. I'd rather have the kids than many of the adults I encountered on a cruise out of New Jersey in November.

Because it was in between holidays (past Thanksgiving and not quite Christmastime yet) and was a long cruise, the MAJORITY of the passengers seemed to be elderly and not-so-elderly adults in wheelchairs and wheelchair scooters (many with oxygen tanks).

While obviously human kindness begs for compassion and understanding in this situation, it is quite difficult to be compassionate and understanding when the wheelchair scooters go racing down the hallways at 40 mph, monopolize the elevators and other passenger spaces.

Saw one lady drive her wheelchair scooter right into and across the main dining room, nearly toppling any person on her way. Curiously, we saw the same lady walking from store to store on her own two feet in St. Thomas.

In our experience, the kids are usually better behaved than the adults.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

I agree that luxury lines are not for younger people. Most adults (not all seem fairly selfish to take their children on a cruise where there is little, if any, activities for them.

It is interesting that whenever children on luxury cruises is discussed that someone brings up the behavior of adults. That might be a subject for another thread, but has nothing to do with children on luxury cruises IMHO.

Crystal and Regent have childen programs during the summer and school breaks. I am currently on a Regent cruise and the only young person is a baby that is only seen when the ship is at port and no one is around. During their summer cruises in Alaska, they can have as many as 200 children (on a ship that holds 490). If you desire this environment. . . . by all means, go for it.

Archived