Blahhh.....

Danno

Two cruises booked. All the decisions are made. Too early to pack, too early to watch the weather,...too early to get excited.

The "in between cruise blahs" are a fact of life, but like taxes they are a part I could live without.

Any cures??

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

Hi Danicon_smile.gif didn't you and Jill go away for the weekend recently? I know its not a cruise...but maybe a long weekend away somewhere?

And aren't you a bit happy today...the Leafs won their series last night icon_biggrin.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Danno . . .

Have you ever sailed on the Zenith? If so, can you give me any advice, review, tips? I am a first time cruiser leaving 5/29/04 on Zenith with 16 other people (most of them first timers like myself). Appreciate it. Thanks,

Lois, funny you should meantion that, we just got back from a weekend in Toronto...saw "the Producers", had a great dinner at "Barbarian's", took our son to brunch, it was a nice weekend.

However I am a cruise-a-holic...for 50 weeks of the year I suffer withdrawl, then like addicts do I give in and cruise again. I am a weak person whose life is no longer my own. I am owned by TA's who peddle a narcotic of rest and relaxation which reduces even the strongest to cruise board junkies!!

I am so weak....

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

I would like to share an old Native Canadian chant. Each year during the first week of April, the Native Canadians would wake up at sunrise and repeat their chant over and over. They this powerful chant primarily for three very important reasons:

1. To ensure that their crops are bountiful and will keep them and their families fed all year;

2. To ward off harm/evil;

3. And gain great wisdom.

It goes like this:

Oooooh waaaaah (pause)

Taaaaa foooooo (pause)

Lie aaaammmm (pause)

Now repeat it without the pause. As you repeat it more often and more quickly, its message becomes clear and you will become wise! Try it. It works very well and very quickly!!!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bshabazian:

Danno . . .

Have you ever sailed on the Zenith? If so, can you give me any advice, review, tips? I am a first time cruiser leaving 5/29/04 on Zenith with 16 other people (most of them first timers like myself). Appreciate it. Thanks,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where to start...I have not sailed Zenith but I have sailed her twin, Horizon, many times so I think I'm qualified to comment.

First of all this will be the BEST cruise you ever have...the first always is. Just ask anyone here.

You have picked a smaller, more intimate, traditional ship...these are all GOOD things. This is how cruising was meant to be!! the food will be wonderful and the staff will stun you with willingness and smiles.

There will however be a few glitches, there always is, roll with them. Your good attitude will be returned many times over with great service from the staff.

The best suggestion I can make is ASK QUESTIONS...a great start is to ask specific questions here and of the staff once on board the ship.

Welcome to cruising...I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

Thanks for helping me with the "blahhs"...now I'm excited for you icon_biggrin.gif.

Newt...It's actually been changed. It now goes...

a)ooohh whattaaaa

b)haaa fwitttt

c)nooo toot zzzz icon_wink.gif

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Oh Dan..that's all it took to make you happy again?

Okay..tell me all about YOUR FAVORITE ship...as you know, I am sailing her in Sept icon_biggrin.gif.

PS We all know the CENTURY is actually the Best icon_wink.gif

LOIS.It was temporary...it's passed now icon_frown.gif.

Thinking of Horizon just makes it worse...why must you people torment me so?? Do you spend your evenings bringing beer to AA meetings(by the way AA does great work)?

No, this monkey is mine and I must beat it down!!

Lois...have a drink in the America's Cup for me...I like Cointreau (sp?)straight up about 10pm. If I could figure out how to do it I would gladly sent you the money!!

Ahhhh the memories.....

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

[This message was edited by Danno on 04-21-04 at 11:10 AM.]

Dan....no I wouldn't do that icon_frown.gificon_eek.gif..didn't mean to torment you...I will have a drink for you though...but not Cointreau...how about an Aspen Coffee? icon_smile.gif

NO,NO,NO,....we do it my way or we don't do it!!!

Sorry, it's the voices, the cruise voices, making me crazy. Ever since our HAL cruise and that STUPID BINGO BOB...I hate Bingo Bob!!

What is an Aspen Coffee??

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

VOICES????. icon_eek.gif....you need a cruise!

Aspen coffee....1/3 frangelica, 1/3 baileys, 1/3 kahluah....poured in....a wine glass....then coffee is poured over the liquors...then to cover...fresh cream....It is yummy icon_smile.gif

Lois...you don't REALLY think I'm going to pay for that do you?? How can I afford to cruise and supply you with froo-froo sissy coffees??

bshabeazian...is that a Bermuda itinerary or Caribbean??

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Newt,

You dated yourself with that Native Canadian chant. I first heard that chant from my mother when I was about 10 ... and that was some time ago. We LOL when we fully understood the message! icon_biggrin.gif

High Seas Gal

Northern California

NCL Sky Jun. 2000 (ALASKA)

NCL Sky Aug. 2001 (ALASKA)

Princess Regal Princess Jul. 2002 (ALASKA)

NCL Sun Sep. 2003 (ALASKA)

Celebrity Mercury Oct. 2004 (MEXICO)

Danno

To Bermuda from NY.

My father-in-law's birthday -- he is treating us all (17). There will be children with us (my two boys 12 and 14) and (three little boys 6 and 2 who are 7).

Will my "teens" have fun? Is there things for them to do on Zenith? I have heard that it is not the "most" kid friendly. My boys are so excited to just be going with their whole family and so am I. We have dinner seating all together at the early seating. I don't know if that is too early? Any comments? I would love to hear from you.

Everyone of you will have a great time...you just have to accept it is not an amusement park and plan to do things with one another.

I can't comment on Bermuda as we are taking our first cruise there in the fall...this will be a bit different cruise experience as there is minimal cruising and a large amount of port time. This should give you a really good idea if cruising is for you.

Relax and enjoy a great holiday. When our son joined us on his first cruise he got involved in adult activities (shows, formal evenings etc..) and had a great time.

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Hi, Danno.

Do you enjoy cruising with Celebrity? My husband and I are thinking of trying one of their ships next year. Will we like it better?

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

Carnival Conquest - April 2003

Princess Coral - April 2004

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=4>

<param name="day" value=1>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>

Carnival Conquest - April 2003

Princess Coral - April 2004

What would you consider a perfect cruise...I know what I like and Celebrity delivers it well!!

Give me an idea of what your priorities are.

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

LMK...how sad is it to be bested by NEWT. And I thought I was having a bad day!!

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Danno, I'm normally a very focused type A. Take cruises to relax. Took me till the 4th or 5th one to figure out how to relax. Don't have the next till 9/17. This past weekend I went kite flying with my two little nephews. I had completely forgotten you could have so much fun with basically $16.00 of plastic & string from the Wal-Mart. Think simple till your next cruise, it's amazing how much fun it can be!

Oh, but don't stop posting to these boards. Think of the simple pleasure your words provide to others icon_cool.gif

Danno,

A bit of joshing from another viewpoint.....

If I am passing through North Bay, Ontario, and having problems with my Ford Windstar, should I stop at your shop????

Until he reached a certain age, we used to shudder before we went to the dentist for a checkup. He would announce the following:

1. My wife is pregnant.

2. You need three caps and two fillings.

When his wife wasn't pregnant, our teeth were in good shape. I can't quite understand the connection but I suspect car repairs are kind of similarly related if you have booked two cruises.

Les

icon_razz.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

ALL IN JEST!!!! If I was really trying to be mean, I would have suggested you and Newt were the same person. icon_redface.gif

OFF ON A TANGENT!

Has anyone ever tried kite flying off a cruise ship?

Nikita35's post brought this to mind. Your kite is the only thing over the Atlantic Ocean (or wherever you are cruising)! Will it attract any sea gulls???

The 20+mph ship speed guarantees you a wind. Get it up in the breeze and tie it off from a handrail. It will probably fly until you reach the next port.

Les

les...you have a Windstar?? Would you like to make an appointment now??

Little...I've never been on Princess but your priorities seem to line up with what X does well, except for kids...depending on the date you choose there may be more kids that you prefer. On the 10/11 cruises, when schools are in, you'll find few kids.

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Archived