How long will Hairspray stay on The Oasis?

Just curious if anyone knows if there are any plans to change the shows that have been on Oasis for about a year. We were just on The Allure and loved the entertainment and now would like to go on The Oasis and see their shows. Someone told us that the shows change every year but I have not read anywhere about that happening.

Just curious if anyone knows if there are any plans to change the shows that have been on Oasis for about a year. We were just on The Allure and loved the entertainment and now would like to go on The Oasis and see their shows. Someone told us that the shows change every year but I have not read anywhere about that happening.

I would like to know this too. We don't sail until July 2012 but I am looking forward to seeing Hairspray on the ship!

We were on the Oasis the 1st week of November. We went on a backstage tour. I think they said Hairspray will be onboard for at about 3 years. They then would have to rebook it if they wanted it longer. The other shows around 5-7 years. They have various Headliners and comedians. If they have the Texas Tenors on again, you must see them. What a wonderful show.

Irene

I think Hairspray will be there for quite a while.

These shows cost a fortune to produce. Not to mention the cost for permission to put it on.

I'd guess about 5 years. What's everyone else think?

:)

I think less than that. Maybe 3 at the most. Passengers are going to want something different soon. Who knows, next year the rights to Wicked may become available and that may be seen as a bigger draw. I do think that Hairspray will last longer than Chicago as it is more family friendly.

I personally don't look at these shows as a draw to the ship as they are not the original show, they are watered down edited versions. If I really want to see a show, I will see it at a theater on land.

I have read that Hairspray has been contracted for Oasis for 3 years with the option for a 4th year if Royal Caribbean wanted to renew. The shows do not change every year, as others have said, there are enormous costs to staging, lining up cast and crew for these productions, and they normally stay onboard for several years.

With the popularity of Hairspray, I can see it staying on Oasis for longer. As someone else said, another fan favorite would be Wicked. Currently though, Wicked is still running in NYC. These types of "broadway" shows onboard cruise ships are normally retired broadway productions that have since closed. I do know Chicago is currently on tour here in the US.

Archived