Oasis main dining room food good...but....

On my recent Oasis cruise I ate dinner in the main dining room and was pleased with the food. I thought the food was better than I've had in the dining room in years. but....I noticed a few things that felt out of place in a room royal Caribbean tries to present as elegant. with all the laundering facilities on the ship it amazes me that they can't put the table coverings through the industrial pressing equipment so they aren't creased and looking like something the just took out of storage and threw on the tables....the next thing that I find annoying is the butter they serve....those cheap little foil-wrapped pats of butter remind me of ihop or pancake house....I wish they would put in a little effort and pre-prepare individual servings of butter in more presentable fashion...I'm thinking of little China dishes just large enough to hold an individual serving of butter...even a larger amount prepared for the table would suit me better than those packaged servings they're giving now....with the effort royal Caribbean puts into making the atmosphere elegant it's a shame they cut corners that diminish that elegance they are trying to convey...

On my recent Oasis cruise I ate dinner in the main dining room and was pleased with the food. I thought the food was better than I've had in the dining room in years. but....I noticed a few things that felt out of place in a room royal Caribbean tries to present as elegant. with all the laundering facilities on the ship it amazes me that they can't put the table coverings through the industrial pressing equipment so they aren't creased and looking like something the just took out of storage and threw on the tables....the next thing that I find annoying is the butter they serve....those cheap little foil-wrapped pats of butter remind me of ihop or pancake house....I wish they would put in a little effort and pre-prepare individual servings of butter in more presentable fashion...I'm thinking of little China dishes just large enough to hold an individual serving of butter...even a larger amount prepared for the table would suit me better than those packaged servings they're giving now....with the effort royal Caribbean puts into making the atmosphere elegant it's a shame they cut corners that diminish that elegance they are trying to convey...

Maybe they feel that the condition of the linens should match the condition of the people eating in the MDR so the pax don't feel out of place?;)

Well, I think I prefer the little packages of butter/margerine. I used to work at a restaurant (years ago) and they did serve an ice cream scoop full of butter in a nice dish at every table for banquets....and after the banquets we were instructed to scoop the remainder back in the butter bucket in the cooler to be saved and rescooped out for future banquets. Yucky.

Maybe they feel that the condition of the linens should match the condition of the people eating in the MDR so the pax don't feel out of place?;)

if that is their intention then they should stop using the white cloth table coverings and start using ripped denim....

Well, I think I prefer the little packages of butter/margerine. I used to work at a restaurant (years ago) and they did serve an ice cream scoop full of butter in a nice dish at every table for banquets....and after the banquets we were instructed to scoop the remainder back in the butter bucket in the cooler to be saved and rescooped out for future banquets. Yucky.

yucky, indeed. but if you're worried about that, don't you also need to worry about what they do with the leftover food on peoples plates each night? I guess the answer is to avoid the lunch buffet in the windjammer cafe...have you noticed the offerings match the ingredients used on the previous evenings dinner selections in the main dining room? hmmmmm.....

yucky, indeed. but if you're worried about that, don't you also need to worry about what they do with the leftover food on peoples plates each night? I guess the answer is to avoid the lunch buffet in the windjammer cafe...have you noticed the offerings match the ingredients used on the previous evenings dinner selections in the main dining room? hmmmmm.....

ACK!!!!:eek:

Is the purpose of this thread for its entertainment value since people seem to have lost interest in your previous thread about the poor service on the ship?

like any other member I can post my thoughts and opinions any time I want, can't i? maybe you could contribute something meaningful to the topic at hand instead of cyberstalking your fellow cruise critics?

oh and I wish royal Caribbean would give a little more room between the tables in the main dining room. some of the other passengers had a hard time squeezing their bodies between the tables. nothing I like more than to have my eating utensils brushed to the floor by someones backside while they're trying to get to their own table.

Is that it???? A crease in the table cloth and butter wrapped in foil????:confused:

I'd say that your MDR experience must have been absolutely amazing then!!!:D

ACK!!!!:eek:

does that mean you've never seen items like the Beef Stroganoff in windjammer cafe on the day after the beef is on the menu in the main dining room? all I can say is if you don't like that then stay away from the croutons for your salad as well as the bread pudding at snack time in the windjammer....

Is that it???? A crease in the table cloth and butter wrapped in foil????:confused:

I'd say that your MDR experience must have been absolutely amazing then!!!:D

it's the small things that could make the experience better. I enjoyed the food and aside from better service, these little things would make the dining experience live up to the image royal Caribbean tries to project.

it's the small things that could make the experience better. I enjoyed the food and aside from better service, these little things would make the dining experience live up to the image royal Caribbean tries to project.

Just sounds like you're overdoing the nit-picking. :(

We get it, you didn't like your trip. You don't have to make a different thread for each tiny detail you disliked. One long review would suffice.

funny, I don't remember ever saying I didn't like my trip. yes, there were problems with the customer service and these little details would help royal Caribbean live up to the marketing material they produce to sell their image to the public.

it is really simple, don't read or comment on my topics if you don't like what I've had to say. I will continue to post my observations anytime it suits me, thanks.

oh and I loved the desserts, just not the ones royal Caribbean cheapens by using gelatin as a filler. a hint to the executive chefs, chocolate flavored jello is not chocolate mousse...how about a little more effort in either truthfully describing the item or actually produce the item as it is described....

Is the purpose of this thread for its entertainment value since people seem to have lost interest in your previous thread about the poor service on the ship?

like any other member I can post my thoughts and opinions any time I want, can't i? maybe you could contribute something meaningful to the topic at hand instead of cyberstalking your fellow cruise critics?

I didn't say you could not post your thoughts and opinions, I asked you what your purpose was.

As for contributing something meaningful when the topic is a crease in a table cloth? Nope, I can't think of one meaningful thing to contribute at all.

And cyberstalking? Are you kidding???

Just sounds like you're overdoing the nit-picking. :(

not at all. I'm actually trying to help royal Caribbean supply the quality product they make everyone believe they're buying. it is a real shame complacency is the order of the day here...I guess that's how royal Caribbean likes it...it means they can keep cutting on things like service and the details that are supposed to demonstrate the quality product they market to the public.

I didn't say you could not post your thoughts and opinions, I asked you what your purpose was.

As for contributing something meaningful when the topic is a crease in a table cloth? Nope, I can't think of one meaningful thing to contribute at all.

And cyberstalking? Are you kidding???

see, I thought you asking what the purpose of this thread was was one of those there rhetorical question since it's pretty obvious in my opening post of this topic. and when someone has nothing to add to the conversation other than a reference to a previous post I think, at best, we're talking harassment and stalking isn't a stretch from that point. the choice is really simple, when you don't agree with something chime in with your own opinion of the current topic or move on to something else.

does that mean you've never seen items like the Beef Stroganoff in windjammer cafe on the day after the beef is on the menu in the main dining room? all I can say is if you don't like that then stay away from the croutons for your salad as well as the bread pudding at snack time in the windjammer....

I must have missed those items.:eek:

If I eat at the WJ..it is always when the doors open. I try to get my food before other pax have the opportunity to lick their fingers and then use them to make a choice at one of the stations.:( Disgusting...

some people will be fine with the changes until they put pitnick tables and benches in the mdr.

funny you should say that. I was picturing row after row of stainless steel tables and benches where we can all sit shoulder to shoulder...and because they've built drains into the floor they can hose the room down after every meal. but let's not complain or express our opinions about the All-knowing, all-wonderful royal Caribbean...to me it's like death by a thousand tiny cuts...each one is minor but cumulatively it becomes a huge problem.

I must have missed those items.:eek:

If I eat at the WJ..it is always when the doors open. I try to get my food before other pax have the opportunity to lick their fingers and then use them to make a choice at one of the stations.:( Disgusting...

I can't stand that finger licking stuff either. Once I asked someone if she was actually going to touch anything after she licked her fingers. She just looked at me like I was off the wall and went right about her business of getting her food.

Archived