Formal nights on Golden Princess

Bebet

The Seattle/Alaska trip. How do I know which nights are formal? And does formal mean Tux/suit/nice shirt and tie? I've never sailed on Princess before but we liked dressing up for formal nights on others.

The Seattle/Alaska trip. How do I know which nights are formal? And does formal mean Tux/suit/nice shirt and tie? I've never sailed on Princess before but we liked dressing up for formal nights on others.

Traditionally, the formal nights are the second and second to last evenings of a one week cruise. Princess tends to hold formal nights on sea days...or days that you leave port 4pm or prior. You should be able to figure out which ones they will be based on your itinerary.

As for formalwear...you said that you like dressing up for formal nights, so the options you listed would be perfectly fine. For Alaska itineraries, passengers tend to dress more casually, but not all. You will see many tuxes, gowns, suits and cocktail dresses on those evenings. If you like to dress up, go for it. You will not be alone.

Enjoy Princess...and Alaska!:)

Formal wear for the ladies spanned from trousers with sequined tops or nice pant suits to the cocktail variety, to the really dressy.

My husband has stopped taking a tux and has opted for a nice jacket-(he just bought a new navy blue one), colored shirt and colorful tie, with neutral slacks.

Be sure to remember a shawl or wrap for yourself, as it serves to cover you if you feel insecure in your dress, and, keeps you warm, should there be a draft.

Enjoy yourself on the wonderful Golden Princess! She's a sentimental favorite to us, having sailed her in 2001. We'll catch up with her again some day.

Lynne

We are doing the same cruise in Sept. On our last cruise on the Star Princess, I wore black pants with the sparkle type tops. I don't do dresses or heels. DH wore a suit. Same suit with a different shirt and tie. We'll do the same this trip.

Archived