And you thought you had a lot of luggage

setsail

You bring up a question I have been meaning to ask....

Could I bring my own luggage on board? I mean, they can go through it and all, but could I wheel it on if I wanted to so I won't run the risk of waiting until 8:30pm for my luggage?

If it will fit through the scanners. Similar to the airports.

That's alot of luggage!!! I was trying to keep mine down to three pieces for two people, plus laptop/camera bags. It looks like that plan is out the window, and we're going to be at our usual level of four bags, plus the laptop/camera bags.

We'll be on the Liberty in a few weeks. Cabins have been selling good this week. All of the OCV and IS are sold out, leaving around 10 Balcony cabins, and 8 suites total!! So it looks as if it's really going to be a full ship, which means luggage is probably going to be delivered all evening long.

Where was this info posted on the ship? Its think its a good idea!

They have an lcd tv on the wall behind the pursers desk with info streaming. I guess it answers some of the passenger questions without tying up employees. I think its a great idea also.

When my wife and I went for our cruise in october 2008 we had one medium sized Samsonite bag each, plus one small carry on each.

I remember going from the hotel at South Beach when another family were going for the same cruise as us. They had to order one cab for them self to ride in, plus another cab for their remaining luggage.

I think I counted about 13 bags for two adults and two kids.

Not that it's any of my business, but what are people bringing on their cruises?

Just read some of the posts and packing lists - tea kettles, hair dryers, 20 pairs of shoes, power strips, shoe hangers, duct tape, noise machines, makeup and toiletries, 3 changes of clothes/day, computers, bottled water and soda, snacks - the list goes on and on.

oh my lord, that's a long list! He's got two clocks plus a nightlight, and a flashlight!!

Way too much stuff!!

It's taken me forever to be able to get down to one large checked bag and one carryon (besides my special-for-airplane-travel-extra-large purse) ... and I'm still trying to get down to a smaller checked bag ...

We take a carry-on EACH ...... and TWO giant bags EACH!

Life is too short to pack lightly!! :D

On my last cruises I took a huge rolling bag. A 27 in duffel. And a tote bag and my purse. I still was sneaking stuff in my sisters bag because I can't downsize for the life of me!

For my next cruise I'm going to try to fit everything in a 27in upright bag, a tote bag and my purse.

Archived