When are the formal nights on a 7 day cruise?

Chitown12562

Sorry to ask this question. I even saw it detailed on the Celebrity website, but I can't find it any more. This is very frustrating. We leave on a Saturday and return Saturday morning.

Thanks!

Formal nights will be Sunday night and Thursday night on a

SAT-SAT itinerary. Enjoy your cruise:)

Sorry to ask this question. I even saw it detailed on the Celebrity website, but I can't find it any more. This is very frustrating. We leave on a Saturday and return Saturday morning.

Thanks!

Usually it will be the first "at sea" day (never the night of embarkation) and the last sea day (never the night right before disembarkation).

Usually it will be the first "at sea" day (never the night of embarkation) and the last sea day (never the night right before disembarkation).

Lois is correct, day 2 and day 6 are usually the formal nights. Do not go by at sea days as this is not the case, I have been on many cruises where formal nights were on at sea days.

Lois is correct, day 2 and day 6 are usually the formal nights. Do not go by at sea days as this is not the case, I have been on many cruises where formal nights were on at sea days.

On a seven day cruise it is almost always at sea days, as I indicated in my previous post. On a longer cruise it may be a different story. I have yet to sail on a seven day cruise on Celebrity where the formal night was held on a non-sea day and I have sailed quite a few times.

I had also added the qualifier, "usually" since there is a chance that circmustances may require a change in plans. However, this possibility would also apply to your rule, since such "rules" are not written in stone and the captain can and does make changes if circumstances warrant such an action.

On a seven day cruise it is almost always at sea days, as I indicated in my previous post. On a longer cruise it may be a different story. I have yet to sail on a seven day cruise on Celebrity where the formal night was held on a non-sea day and I have sailed quite a few times.

I had also added the qualifier, "usually" since there is a chance that circmustances may require a change in plans. However, this possibility would also apply to your rule, since such "rules" are not written in stone and the captain can and does make changes if circumstances warrant such an action.

The above may be the case for most Florida sailings but out of San Juan the typical 7 night itinerary is 5 port days followed by sea day so the formal nights are the second evening and the sixth evening, both of which are typically port days. We just did B2B Summit cruises, each with different ports calls, out of SJ which had this formal nights schedule and previously did a Serenade of the Seas with a similar itinerary and that schedule for formal nights. On our Adventure of the Seas 7 night cruise out of SJ that went to Aruba it did start with a sea day with the first formal night that evening but I can't recall when the second formal night was. It could have been the fifth evening after our sea day or the sixth, after a port day in St. Maarten. I believe it was the fifth or the second sea day evening.

It all depends on the itinerary whether the formal nights can be on a sea day but it won't be the last evening onboard even if that is a sea day since your luggage must be packed and out for the service crew by midnight.

Sorry, but I beg to differ with you. I don't know which itinerary the OP is on but using your reasoning on the one itinerary, the 2nd formal night would be on day 7 which is the night before you leave the ship. They never use that day because people are packing and putting their clothes out in the hall. On many cruises day 2 and day 7 are at sea days and day 7 will never be a formal night...

Archived