One day stop in Costa Maya-

goingtosnorkel

Stop off from cruise ship --husband and myself would like a place to lay on the beach and enjoy drinks while there. Any hotels/places recommended?:D

See some of the reviews of places on these threads. You can book a private AI with Maya Chan where they pick you up and take you to their beach. They limit the number of people, and it's typically not for the party hardy crowd. Most people just grab a bus or a cab ($5 RT) to the malecon in Mahahual about 3 kilometers south of the pier area, and walk around and find a place that is interesting. Tropicante, Tequila Beach, Nacional Beach Club, Pez Quadro, Nohoch Kay all get good reviews. Nacional, Pez Quadro, and Nohoch Kay have AI packages, but depending on the number of ships in and how crowded each are, you don't have to reserve anything. You can usually just walk along the malecon and find a lounger in front of someone's place and as long as you pruchase a drink or two, there's no other charges for the use.

Just returned from Western Caribbean cruise on LOS last week. The absolute B E S T time was had on the stop in Costa Maya at the MAYA CHAN day resort.

It was incredible....the facilities were clean and nice. The food and drinks: don't get me started - simply the BEST Fajitas, sea bass, soup, and the salsa and chips were heavenly! Any drink imaginable was available - and good. Water toys, anything you could want.

This day resort is owned by an American family from San Diego and they were there when we were there.

Don't go for the beach - too much sea/turtle grass - but still enjoyable for puttering around in the inflatable thingies with drink holders.

(Of course, this is just my opinion - but from what I've read on this site it shared by many.)

Noticed you "Dreamed" twice in 2010. Any suggestions to share about the ship? Husband and I are on the Dream during the upcoming holidays. You evidently liked it!

We like music to dance to in the evenings, what shows did you like, and food in the dining room? Also - any information on excursions in other ports (Belize,Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan Island) to share> Thanks for your help......

What's a malecon????

See some of the reviews of places on these threads. You can book a private AI with Maya Chan where they pick you up and take you to their beach. They limit the number of people, and it's typically not for the party hardy crowd. Most people just grab a bus or a cab ($5 RT) to the malecon in Mahahual about 3 kilometers south of the pier area, and walk around and find a place that is interesting. Tropicante, Tequila Beach, Nacional Beach Club, Pez Quadro, Nohoch Kay all get good reviews. Nacional, Pez Quadro, and Nohoch Kay have AI packages, but depending on the number of ships in and how crowded each are, you don't have to reserve anything. You can usually just walk along the malecon and find a lounger in front of someone's place and as long as you pruchase a drink or two, there's no other charges for the use.

It was incredible....the facilities were clean and nice. The food and drinks: don't get me started - simply the BEST Fajitas, sea bass, soup, and the salsa and chips were heavenly! Any drink imaginable was available - and good. Water toys, anything you could want.

Is this an all-inclusive site - all you can eat/drink included in the price?

.....yes, Maya Chan is ALL INCLUSIVE - food, drink, palapas, chairs, loungers, bali bed, hamock. It's just great. And around noon, the smell from the pit where they are preparing lunch gets your juices going whether you thought you were hungry or not. The home made chips and salsa, great drinks and very, very nice people.

David is a skilled bartender- he can make anything you can think of, and they carry only quality booze (no plastic bottles). I drink scotch, but the frozen concoctions he was making for some of the ladies went over very well. The food was great, too. The fruit cup we were greeted with was so ripe and refreshing- a wonderful start to a memorable day (we went back the next week!). It is also neat that they have computers at the bar so that you can check your e-mail and communicate with those back home- you know what a pain it is to use the computers on most ships.

Archived