MDR Time Question

nflder

Hey all,

First time cruiser and I have aquick question regarding dining. If we have a set time for 6p and we miss it, can we go to the 8:30 seating?

TIA

No........if you miss it,you can go to the Windjammer(or have room service)........tables are reserved in the MDR.......they are all accounted for,

One time I had early seating and booked an excursion that didn't get me back on the ship until 5:45. Since I was a single cruiser, I asked to be put at any table. I went to the M'D and explained my situation and he was able to put me at a table. If you seperate when you go to eat, they MIGHT be able to accomodate one person.

sign up for my time dining and then there should be no problem, you can make a reservation the night before or just show up and wait for a table. We have done both and when we didn't have a reservation did not have to wait long. We found that if we reserved for around 7:00 it did not pose a problem with shore days and that way we got the same waiters everyday.

Thanks everyone. Another question - for the my time dining why are the gratuties pre-paiid?

Not sure why,but that's just the way RCCL does it........if I had to guess ,it would be to make sure the waiters don't get gypped..(since you may or may not have the same waitstaff every night)

Why would you "miss" dinner? Even on port days, you'll have plenty of time. There are clocks all over the ship...you won't "miss" it.

We could miss it by just not being ready to eat at 6. We could be hanging out at the pool or anything and just not be ready to eat at that specific time.

Why would you "miss" dinner? Even on port days, you'll have plenty of time. There are clocks all over the ship...you won't "miss" it.

Some ports have late departure times (such as Nassau) while others have overnight dockings (e.g., Bermuda) - those are just two examples, I'm sure there are more - and if you are in port how could you be looking at the ship's clocks?

No........if you miss it,you can go to the Windjammer(or have room service)........tables are reserved in the MDR.......they are all accounted for,

True, most of the time. When I was on Majesty for the 3 day cruise in May, we were alone at a table for 10 the first night, the 2nd night after we had been seated the head waiter asked if we minded if another couple could join us who missed the earlier seating because of they got back late from their excursion. We said no problem. 99% of the time I doubt you can do this, but if you showed up and asked the head waiter or Maitre De, who knows.

True, most of the time. When I was on Majesty for the 3 day cruise in May, we were alone at a table for 10 the first night, the 2nd night after we had been seated the head waiter asked if we minded if another couple could join us who missed the earlier seating because of they got back late from their excursion. We said no problem. 99% of the time I doubt you can do this, but if you showed up and asked the head waiter or Maitre De, who knows.

Then how does each waitstaff person they used get tipped??:confused:

Then how does each waitstaff person they used get tipped??:confused:

The couple had the same waiter at the first seating, couldn't make it for the reason stated and then our table with the same waiter had room. It wasn't my concern, but that is what I assume.

Archived