Rendevous - Day Pass

Quinn

Just got back from our cruise and I highly recommend the Rendevous! Our email said half day pass from 10 - 4 for $60. We were there at about 9:30 to 3:30. The pool bar opened at 10, the lunch buffet started at 12:30 and the bar in that area opened at 12. Everything is provided ( drinks, lunch, towels, cushy lounge chairs, 3 pools). There was not Internet access. It was nice not to have any kids running around.... we also did a day pass at the Marriott in St. kitts for $35 which only included use of facilities and towels. Food and drink were extra. You will get your money's worth at the Rendevous even if you can only be there for 2 to 3 hours IMO.....

We did hand the bartender at the swim up bar a tip before we left. Taxi cost us $3/pp, there were 4 of us.

Just got back from our cruise and I highly recommend the Rendevous! Our email said half day pass from 10 - 4 for $60. We were there at about 9:30 to 3:30. The pool bar opened at 10, the lunch buffet started at 12:30 and the bar in that area opened at 12. Everything is provided ( drinks, lunch, towels, cushy lounge chairs, 3 pools). There was not Internet access. It was nice not to have any kids running around.... we also did a day pass at the Marriott in St. kitts for $35 which only included use of facilities and towels. Food and drink were extra. You will get your money's worth at the Rendevous even if you can only be there for 2 to 3 hours IMO.....

We did hand the bartender at the swim up bar a tip before we left. Taxi cost us $3/pp, there were 4 of us.

:) Thanks so much for your review of the Rendevous! We've booked this for January and now I'm really looking forward to it. We weren't sure exactly what to expect. Sounds good! :)

We went to the Rendezvous two weeks ago. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I also had a heck of a time getting a response through email.

A few thoughts:

I wouldn't worry too much about the times they quote. They don't really keep track anyways - when you arrive there will be a security staff member to greet you, they will take you to the check in area where you'll pay your fee. They don't really care if you're early or late, or how long you stay. They don't have bracelets so the staff have no way to know whether you're a regular guest or there on a daypass.

The resort is beautiful. Our favorite area was the lazy river and we also enjoyed the lunch provided. There wasn't a huge selection but everything we tried was tasty.

Our only complaint was the lady at check in wasn't the friendliest. They also don't provide you with a resort map or any info (such as what time lunch is served, etc.). The other staff at the resort are very friendly though.

We would gladly go here again for a day.

If we are in port from 8am-5pm ship time, what time is that for St. Lucia? Does anyone know?

And I finally got a response today!! I got the same response as you did hancogran. (Maybe they saw my post, lol:p)

Time depends on whether your ship follow local time or stays on the time of the port you sail from. As far as I know, Royal Caribbean changes time to match local time, they did on our last sailing on the Oasis this past fall - but I could be wrong.

St. Lucia is in the Atlantic Standard Time zone. That means, in winter, we are 1 hour ahead of Eastern Standard time. However, again this only matters if your ship does not match local time. That would be something you could find out on your roll call maybe ahead of time and if not - you'll find out on-board and adjust accordingly!

We've never been to Rendevous but we've done day passes at other places (Cozumel, Jamaica). In Cozumel, we had a waiter who looked after us all day... getting our drinks and just making sure everything was ok. He could not do enough for us when we were there. We tipped him at the end of the day.

In Jamaica, we were pretty much on our own at the resort. You went to the bar to get your own drinks, you went inside for the buffet at lunch so really there was nobody that was actually looking after you so really no reason to tip.

Notice you are going to be there the week before us, so please come back and tell us how it is if you do go! You'll love Adventure of the Seas! :)

We'll definitely let you how it goes! From the reviews, it sounds like we will have a great day!

Time depends on whether your ship follow local time or stays on the time of the port you sail from. As far as I know, Royal Caribbean changes time to match local time, they did on our last sailing on the Oasis this past fall - but I could be wrong.

St. Lucia is in the Atlantic Standard Time zone. That means, in winter, we are 1 hour ahead of Eastern Standard time. However, again this only matters if your ship does not match local time. That would be something you could find out on your roll call maybe ahead of time and if not - you'll find out on-board and adjust accordingly!

Thanks!

We emailed Angus directly for a day pass next April for 10-3, he responded back with the standard rates/times but did say they would accomodate. I replyed asking if our time was ok but haven't gotten a response back.

Should I go to the website and reserve from there or send another email to Angus?

Thank you all

We emailed Angus directly for a day pass next April for 10-3, he responded back with the standard rates/times but did say they would accomodate. I replyed asking if our time was ok but haven't gotten a response back.

Should I go to the website and reserve from there or send another email to Angus?

Thank you all

After I received the standard response like you, I simply replied to Angus's email and asked him to reserve it for us. Didn't need to put a deposit or give a credit card to hold the reservation! :)

After I received the standard response like you, I simply replied to Angus's email and asked him to reserve it for us. Didn't need to put a deposit or give a credit card to hold the reservation! :)

Thank you. We did the same as you with our preferred time and he replied back that we were confirmed, so we're all set. We're the only ship in port that day, so thinking it s/b a quiet day there.

Now after the new year, will book a tour w/ the ship for St Kitts and we'll be ready to go. :D

I just emailed Angus. I hope I get a response... this week. :p

You guys are a wealth of knowledge. I appreciate all the information posted here. This is something I was definitely looking for on my birthday. A nice, relaxing day at a beautiful resort! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I think I have a record here!

I just emailed Angus and I received a reply in FIVE MINUTES. Wow!

Thanks for your interest in the Rendezvous.

In regards to your request for information on day passes at the hotel the following applies.

Half day pass (Morning) Includes Breakfast, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 8:00am to 12 noon. Cost US$45.00

Half day pass (afternoon) Includes Lunch, Afternoon tea, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 12 noon to 6:00pm. Cost US$60.00 We will be happy to amend the time to meet your requested time.

The hotel is located 5mins from the ports via taxi.

Also attached is a copy of our Spa treatment list as an added amenity for your perusal.

Passes Excludes use of scuba facilities and motorized water sports.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Please be advised that reservation are needed for final confirmation, you need to e-mail your acceptance of one of the passes so we can make the final reservation. Numbers are limited and booked on a first come first basic also the number of people coming with you is most important.

I, too, send an email off Monday and received a quick response, exactly like yours, send back an email stating the number of persons and date, and sure enough a response the very next day,,,,,,,,,,,,you will be sailing before me so I would love to read a review when you return from your day in St. Lucia,,,,,,,,,

thanks so much,

Eileen and Norm

Sailing Summit 3-30-12

• 2 weeks later...

We spent last Tuesday at the Rendezvous and had a great day. The property is beautiful! We got there about 9:30 a.m. after a short ride from the port.. There were only the two of us and the cost of the taxi was $10. The first taxi driver we asked wanted $15 so we asked another one for his price and he said $10.

There is a security guard at the front entrance of the property and he will take you to the office where you check-in and pay for your day pass. We told them we were going to stay until around 2:30 and it was $60 per person.

There is a hut where you go to pick up your towels so no need to lug the ship's towels with you.

There are two pools with big comfy loungers. We sat by one of the pools for an hour or so but found it too hot so we headed to the beach where there was a nice breeze and spent the rest of our day there. Again, the beach had two security guards and it was great not being bothered by any vendors.

The pool bar opened at 10:00. I'm not sure what time the other bar that is next to the dining area opened. Lunch was served from 12:30 until 2:30. The seating is basically in a covered gazebo type building but the buffet is in an enclosed area. The tables were nicely set with white linen tablecloths, nice silverware, etc. It wasn't a huge buffet but there was a good choice...salads, soups, about five or six hot meats, rice, etc. Also a station where you could get sandwiches made to order and grilled. The desserts were good too! The waiters come around with wine at lunch.

There were a lot of guests staying at the property and not too many empty loungers on the beach. We found two and basically stayed in that spot for the day, except to go for lunch.

I would advise if you're getting a taxi there to ask him to come back for you at a special time. We had one of the staff call a taxi for us but after waiting 20 minutes, nobody showed up. Another couple had requested their taxi to come back at a certain time, so we asked if we could share theirs and it was no problem. It was $5.00 per person going back so basically we were charged the same with 4 people.

We'd definitely head back to the Redezvous if we go to St. Lucia again. Since we've previously taken tours in St Lucia and gone on a catamaran to the Pitons on previous trips, we found this a nice relaxing day.

I loved reading your review as I have made reservations to go there in April for the day,,,,,,,,,thanks for the info on the taxi ride,,,,,,,,everyone on this site is so helpful,,,,,can't wait to sail!

Eileen and Norm

Summit, March 31st

(13th cruise)

I loved reading your review as I have made reservations to go there in April for the day,,,,,,,,,thanks for the info on the taxi ride,,,,,,,,everyone on this site is so helpful,,,,,can't wait to sail!

Eileen and Norm

Summit, March 31st

(13th cruise)

I don't think you'll be disappointed! Come back and let us know how your day at the Rendezvous was. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We were turned away form Rendezvous Resort on Feb. 10th the reason being, that they had a bug, I wonder if they really had a bug or they thought we would be bringing in a bug since so many sick on the Princess ships. It was a real disappointment because it looked so beautiful. Hope to go there some day in the future.

Letter from Angus & Rendezvous -

We are cetainly grateful that you expressed interest in spending the day with us unfortunately at this time we have put a halt on receiving cruise ship passengers in the light of the recent new reports.

We were wanting to go April 15th.

• 2 weeks later...

We had reserved daypasses for last week, but received the following email shortly before our cruise....

Dear Guests

We thank you for choosing Rendezvous! **There have been news reports of an outbreak of illness on particular cruise liners.* Although we regret to take this action, for the safety of in-house guests we are obligated to withdraw confirmation of your request for a half day pass as a precautionary measure.* We trust that you will understand that this course of action considers our tour company partners with whom we are contracted, as well as the guests we host.*

No doubt, we regret your disappointment but look forward to hosting you at another time in the future.

Regards

*Angus Sexius*|*Front Desk Manager*

We checked on our reservation for March 29 ,and said we are welcome to come.

We are there on the 29th too, sailing on the Victory. Did you email the manager to confirm you were still welcome?:confused: We haven't heard anything, but we haven't asked!

one of the people on my rollcall just added to our call about his confirmation. I had sent him the contact for Andre who was the one handling the day passes. So at least for April 29-May 6 cruise, it's a go for their day passes! *keeping fingers crossed*

they need to realize that when 2% of A cruise ship is sick they have to report it to CDC and when you look at 3-4000 people on one ship thats not much. at 3000 thats only 60 ppl between crew and passengers.

Letter from Angus & Rendezvous -

We are cetainly grateful that you expressed interest in spending the day with us unfortunately at this time we have put a halt on receiving cruise ship passengers in the light of the recent new reports.

We were wanting to go April 15th.

Dorlene, resubmit your request for April and see what happens. I had posted on our roll call that since i hadn't gotten an email yet that I was going to wait prior to our sail date to confirm yea or nay. Then one of our rollcall ppl had been trying to get ahold of them and I sent him Andre's contact info. This weekend he msg'd back that Andre confirmed them and he knew they were on a ship sailing the first week of May. so, try again.

Dorlene, resubmit your request for April and see what happens. I had posted on our roll call that since i hadn't gotten an email yet that I was going to wait prior to our sail date to confirm yea or nay. Then one of our rollcall ppl had been trying to get ahold of them and I sent him Andre's contact info. This weekend he msg'd back that Andre confirmed them and he knew they were on a ship sailing the first week of May. so, try again.

Can I also have Andre's contact info. I have emailed to confirm that I still will be able to come for the day and have not received a response. We leave on the weekend!

Thanks!

Archived