Name That Drink!!

Michigander82

My Husband And I Went on a cruise a few years ago with Royal Caribbean, one of our stops was Labadee. There was a frozen drink that they made and would sell them by the beach area, I belive there was rum in it. Does anyone know the name of that drink? They sell it in a tall plastic heavy duty cup. My husband and I will be leaving in a few weeks on another RC cruise and I cant wait to have one of those tropical, fruity, girly drinks:D

Also, does anyone know when you set up the seapass account if they put a hold on your bank account for a certain amount of $, since we will have it set up with our debit card? Or do they wait until the end of cruise and just bill you then? I'm just making sure I have all my areas covered before we leave, because I don't remember this from our previous, since it's been a few years.

Thank You,

Also, does anyone know when you set up the seapass account if they put a hold on your bank account for a certain amount of $, since we will have it set up with our debit card? Or do they wait until the end of cruise and just bill you then? I'm just making sure I have all my areas covered before we leave, because I don't remember this from our previous, since it's been a few years.

Thank You,

I use a debit card for my account on cruises. Your card will be debited each day you make purchases on board. The only bill I had at the end of the cruise was what I purchased on board the last day.

my husband and i went on a cruise a few years ago with royal caribbean, one of our stops was labadee. There was a frozen drink that they made and would sell them by the beach area, i belive there was rum in it. Does anyone know the name of that drink? They sell it in a tall plastic heavy duty cup. My husband and i will be leaving in a few weeks on another rc cruise and i cant wait to have one of those tropical, fruity, girly drinks:d

thank you,

labadoozie!

There are dozens of tropical drinks that are sold in souvenier cups. It could be anything.

Check with RCI but I am pretty sure they put a fairly sizable hold on debit cards each day or every 2 days. It can & has interfered with people's average daily allowed debits.

The problem with using a debit card for hotel stays, rental cars, and cruises is that the company will put an authorization hold on money in your account. This freezes an amount of money. I'm not sure how much of a hold a cruise line puts on debit card accounts, but someone with not much money may end up with problems.

For instance, if the cruise line puts a $500 hold at the beginning of the cruise and the passenger has other things coming out of the account automatically. They may not have enough money in the account to pay the automatic drafts.

If you have plenty of money in the account, there's not as much need to worry about using a debit card. I still prefer using a credit card because of the trouble a co-worker had when her debit card was skimmed.

Thanks everyone for your replies:)

As for the drink, I will have to order a labadoozie and a painkiller YUM:D

Also, thanks for the input on the debit card hold. I will contact RC and find out what kind of hold they do. Geoherb you hit the nail on the head, that was my biggest concern because I will have bills automaticly coming out of my account when were gone.

3 weeks till we leave, I'm totally doing my happy dance...:D...

If your desire to put link your onboard charges to your debit card is a desire to pay off the charges in full, just put it on a cc & write a check or do an on-line transfer the day you get home. Same result -- trip paid off in full with far less hassle.

My Husband And I Went on a cruise a few years ago with Royal Caribbean, one of our stops was Labadee. There was a frozen drink that they made and would sell them by the beach area, I belive there was rum in it. Does anyone know the name of that drink? They sell it in a tall plastic heavy duty cup. My husband and I will be leaving in a few weeks on another RC cruise and I cant wait to have one of those tropical, fruity, girly drinks

I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 2005 and one of our stops was Labadee. We enjoyed a drink there called a "Coco Loco" that fits your description - it was a tall, fruity, tropical frozen drink made with rum and served in a reusable plastic DoD ("Drink o' the Day") cup. The Coco Loco's were so good that I have a picture in my photo album of our friendly beach bar waiter serving them to us.....which is how, five years later, I managed to remember the name! LOL!

The problem with using a debit card for hotel stays, rental cars, and cruises is that the company will put an authorization hold on money in your account. This freezes an amount of money. I'm not sure how much of a hold a cruise line puts on debit card accounts, but someone with not much money may end up with problems.

For instance, if the cruise line puts a $500 hold at the beginning of the cruise and the passenger has other things coming out of the account automatically. They may not have enough money in the account to pay the automatic drafts.

If you have plenty of money in the account, there's not as much need to worry about using a debit card. I still prefer using a credit card because of the trouble a co-worker had when her debit card was skimmed.

r card for purchases on land at a store. Once again the only charges I had left at the end of the cruise was for the purchases I made the last day and those were ran through on the next day after we got back. I repeat there was no hold on the card at all.

Coco Loco is what they normally serve on the beach - it taste like an orange creamcicle... as for the debit - I work for a bank and don't recommend using your debit card if you run your account close - you could always try for the Royal Caribbean Credit Card - earn points with them and then pay it off when you get home.

Happy Sailing

Surely the Labadee drink is the Labadoozie? Because the Coco Loco is served at Coco Cay...perhaps they are the same drink inside the cup?

I think that's entirely possible. :) I know the drink we had at Labadee was called a Coco Loco, but that was five years ago. They may very well have since renamed it to Labadoozie. Or maybe they sell both.

Archived