Future cruise certificate FYI

Just off the phone with CCL rep who handles future cruise certificates in regards to some questions the rep onboard the Fascination could not answer. The certificates are now valid with MILITARY rates as before they were not. The only rates they are not valid with are INTERLINE and travel agent rates all others (ES, Past guest, resident etc) are OK.

Also they are combinable with shareholder OBC, travel agent OBC and milestone OBC.

The only ships that do not sell the certificates currently are the Imagination, Victory, Sensation and Paradise.

Just off the phone with CCL rep who handles future cruise certificates in regards to some questions the rep onboard the Fascination could not answer. The certificates are now valid with MILITARY rates as before they were not. The only rates they are not valid with are INTERLINE and travel agent rates all others (ES, Past guest, resident etc) are OK.

Also they are combinable with shareholder OBC, travel agent OBC and milestone OBC.

The only ships that do not sell the certificates currently are the Imagination, Victory, Sensation and Paradise.

Appreciate the information,,, but,,, where is that in writing?

Can't hardly augue my case by saying "I read it on Cruise Critic".

Good luck getting anything in writing from Carnival when it comes to the FCC program. I have tried numerous time to get them to send me something that states that solo passangers only get 1/2 the advertised OBC when paying a 200% single supplement. They flat refuse to put that little tidbit in writing.

On both cruises at the FCC presentation (Liberty and Destiny) last week....the reps said that FCC is now honored with the Military rate.

I thought that was WONDERFUL !!!!!

And yes, that is a change from the original issurance..... and a good change!!

I purchased a FCC while on Elation this past Dec 2010. I was surprised I could even purchase this bc last year, while on Fantasy, I asked at the Excursion Desk about FCC and was told flatly that CCL used to have that program but discontinued it.

so, did CCL change its policy and when did they do so or was that CCL employee just misinformed?

We almost bought them on the Elation last week too, but decided against it for now with upcoming Christmas expenses, but the agent on board said we could use them if we booked directly with Carnival, on-line or with our own TA. Keep us posted on how you fare with using these, please.

We just booked a cruise with the Future Cruise Desk last week on the Dream, it was a single for my mother-in-law and they now give the full credit for singles. He said they were slow to catch up but now give the full credit for all singles. Also, he stated that after the first of the year all the certificates will be good for 2 years instead of the current 4. I believe the way he was talking about it that they would use up the 4 year ones first, so there may still be some after the first of the year, but when they're gone it's on with the 2 year versions.

We just booked a cruise with the Future Cruise Desk last week on the Dream, it was a single for my mother-in-law and they now give the full credit for singles. He said they were slow to catch up but now give the full credit for all singles. Also, he stated that after the first of the year all the certificates will be good for 2 years instead of the current 4. I believe the way he was talking about it that they would use up the 4 year ones first, so there may still be some after the first of the year, but when they're gone it's on with the 2 year versions.

That does not jibe with I was told last week on the Elation. Based on my past experience using FCCs and getting only 1/2 credit in spite of being told otherwise by FCC sales personnel, I ask specifically about the OBC for solo passengers and was told that it was still 1/2 advertised rate after they called to the main office to verify. I would definitely give the promotions dept a call and double check the information that you were given. In my experience many of the FCC sales personnel on board will tell the customer whatever it takes to make a sale. Good Luck.

The full credit has shown up on the payment page in my cruise manager, so we did get the full credit. Also the receipt he gave us lists the full credit. The guy that did ours said he is the head guy for the FCC desk program and goes from ship to ship to run the program.

The full credit has shown up on the payment page in my cruise manager, so we did get the full credit. Also the receipt he gave us lists the full credit. The guy that did ours said he is the head guy for the FCC desk program and goes from ship to ship to run the program.

Does the OBC show up or just the $100 credit price reduction?

We didn't even get the price reduction - had to make final payment in full, despite having sent the FCC in immediately upon booking (about 6 weeks ahead of final payment) and were advised the $100 would be refunded to the card it was purchased on. Would have been nice to know earlier - i'm still waiting for the OBC to show up on my docs even though I had confirmation from the FCC promotions department that they had my certificate in hand - quite annoying!

Tried to get them to email it in writing and he said they don't send out policy info to customers other than what is on the website.

Oh the ever changing not written down policy. This would be worrisome to me since the military rate and the Interline rate are the same rate code.

Oh the ever changing not written down policy. This would be worrisome to me since the military rate and the Interline rate are the same rate code.

Military and interline have different rate codes, and the prices are different.

I think you have been able to book Military with FCCs for about a year now .. its been changed for a long time. Relax .. this is not in doubt and I have not read of any problems combining with military.

This is not a problem .. the OP probably just didnt know until now, but its not a new policy nor has there been any problems cited combining.

Military and interline have different rate codes, and the prices are different.

I think you have been able to book Military with FCCs for about a year now .. its been changed for a long time. Relax .. this is not in doubt and I have not read of any problems combining with military.

This is not a problem .. the OP probably just didnt know until now, but its not a new policy nor has there been any problems cited combining.

We have cruised (interline rate) several times with a military family and the rates were identical. Also I verified with our PVP to see if we could get a better deal and he said it was the same rate code but there was usually less availability with the military rate.

I was merely pointing out if it's a policy why not post it in black and white.

We have cruised (interline rate) several times with a military family and the rates were identical. Also I verified with our PVP to see if we could get a better deal and he said it was the same rate code but there was usually less availability with the military rate.

I was merely pointing out if it's a policy why not post it in black and white.

The rates may or may not often be identical .. that is not the same as the rate CODE being identical. (which is what you said above). .. I wasnt remarking on the rates .. but the codes for the rates.

I think a lot of their policies should be in writing .. I was fighting with them over where is the policy in writing saying you cant downgrade on ES for instance .. should be in writing so people KNOW when they book ES.

We got the FULL OBC for the cabin even though it was booked as a single. The guy handling the FCC desk on the dream said they just recently made the change to full credit for singles since they are paying 200%. He said that has been the policy for about a week, so any FCC certificates anyone may have won't say it yet. The new ones may change the wording, along with the new ones being good for 2 years instead of 4.

Will somebody please inform what the benefit to buying a FCC is??? When you are on the cruise are you buying $ per $. In other words, am I paying $100.00 for a FCC and then booking a cruise using the $100.00? Now, if I was buying a $100.00 FCC and it was good for $200.00 for a future cruise, that might be worth it :)

Good luck getting anything in writing from Carnival when it comes to the FCC program. I have tried numerous time to get them to send me something that states that solo passangers only get 1/2 the advertised OBC when paying a 200% single supplement. They flat refuse to put that little tidbit in writing.

It says so on the back of the ones I bought on the Ecstasy in October

Will somebody please inform what the benefit to buying a FCC is??? When you are on the cruise are you buying $ per $. In other words, am I paying $100.00 for a FCC and then booking a cruise using the $100.00? Now, if I was buying a $100.00 FCC and it was good for $200.00 for a future cruise, that might be worth it :)

It is good for $100 on a future cruise as well as $100 OBC on a 7 day cruise or longer or 50 for 3 kto 5 day. So you are getting 200 for 100:p

Pat

That does not jibe with I was told last week on the Elation. Based on my past experience using FCCs and getting only 1/2 credit in spite of being told otherwise by FCC sales personnel, I ask specifically about the OBC for solo passengers and was told that it was still 1/2 advertised rate after they called to the main office to verify. I would definitely give the promotions dept a call and double check the information that you were given. In my experience many of the FCC sales personnel on board will tell the customer whatever it takes to make a sale. Good Luck.

I hope you are wrong because when I bought mine in September I specifically asked what the OBC for a solo cruiser would be and was told it was the full amount. I will be royally ticked off it it turns out that on top of the single supplement I don't get the full FCC credit. :mad:

Archived