Poor Heathrow

world~citizen

What terminal does Delta land at from JFK to Heathrow? Sorry to change the subject, but not allowed to start a new thread. Does anyone know what hotel would be most convenient to get to cheaply from whatever terminal it is? I read that there is a Hilton that is reachable by raised walkway like Copenhagen, but not sure which terminal.Also we want to go into London from the hotel.Thanks

Unless it's changed, Delta lands at Terminal 4, the same terminal where the Hilton is. It tends to be expensive however. I've stayed at the Jurys Inn right near Terminal 4, and would highly recommend it.

Unless it's changed, Delta lands at Terminal 4, the same terminal where the Hilton is. It tends to be expensive however. I've stayed at the Jurys Inn right near Terminal 4, and would highly recommend it.
DL is indeed at T4, and will be there for the foreseeable future as T4 is SkyTeam's home.

T4 is also where the Yotel is, which is usually the most affordable of the three on-airport hotels at Heathrow.

The Jurys Inn isn't that close to T4. It's close to Hatton Cross Tube station, which is two stops from T4 (although T4 is one stop from Hatton Cross because of the one-way loop that the trains go around). Or you can get the Hoppa or (if you're feeling brave) a local bus which should be free for this journey as it's around the airport perimeter.

Also we want to go into London from the hotel.
Will this be for a post-cruise stay and before an early flight the next day?

If not, then you will probably be better off staying in central London. Otherwise you will waste a lot of time getting to/from the places you really want to go to.

However, my observation is valid; it is a deplorable practise for inbound pax, wherever.
Good. Just as long as we don't fall into the equally deplorable groupthink of "Gatwick = good; Heathrow = bad" that's so prevalent in the UK at the moment, as illustrated by this thread.

It appears Heathrow may not be able to clear passengers before Christmas. :eek:

When it come to Christmas travel, does Heathrow exist under some kind of curse?

If it isn't labour action, its weather. As if to add insult to injury, Unite is supposed to have begun a strike ballot today.

This is exactly the sort of thing nobody ever believes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/20/heathrow-chaos-snow-forecast

Smooth sailing...

Christmas of what year? Why is this thread still going?

Thanks for the help. We also have Hilton Points, so I'll check that and the Jurys Inn. We are flying in one day prior to the cruise and don't want to take our bags etc. into London. This worked well for us before. We have already seen most places in London and really only want to check out the Churchill WWII museum and then return to the hotel for the night.

Archived