To our neighbors in room 7416 on Victory, 12/12/10...

GLENANDT

I just wanted to thank you for blaring your radio everyday on your balcony and letting the whole back of the ship listen to your Diana Ross. You were so inconsideriate of everyone around you. I paid for an aft wrap balcony next to you and could barely have a conversation with my husband with out yelling. Try to take your neighbors into consideration next time before you start blaring your beloved radio

I just wanted to thank you for blaring your radio everyday on your balcony and letting the whole back of the ship listen to your Diana Ross. You were so inconsideriate of everyone around you. I paid for an aft wrap balcony next to you and could barely have a conversation with my husband with out yelling. Try to take your neighbors into consideration next time before you start blaring your beloved radio

I assume that you went to guest services and asked them to take care of the situation. If you did not then you have only yourself to blame for listening to the noise.

How did they react when/if you asked them to turn their music down? Any help from Guest Services?

We would make comments about how loud the music was and they would turn it down for a short time but turn it right back up. I heard other people say something about it to other cruisers. I don't know if anyone called guest services. I did not out of respect for my elders.

We would make comments about how loud the music was and they would turn it down for a short time but turn it right back up. I heard other people say something about it to other cruisers. I don't know if anyone called guest services. I did not out of respect for my elders.

Respect for your elders:confused:

If it was that bad, I would have asked politely once for them to keep it down. If that didn't work, let Guest services handle it.

Sorry you had a bad time and that the neighbours were inconsiderate. Why on earth wouldn't you have said something to them instead of making indirect comments? Or if you didn't feel comfortable asking them directly you could have asked guest services to take care of it.

I am soooo sorry! I didn't know my music bothered you. Just kidding!!!! I bought a house very close to a car wash back in 1994 and still live in it. We have all kinds of music but mostly "rap" blaring all hours of day and night. I am always either telling them to turn it off or I just call the police. I am with EMS so when I walk over to tell them, I normally bring my police radio with me. With it, they don't know who I'm with and they turn it off. I am not going on vacation and listening to someone elses music. You should have called GS everytime it bothered you. I would have.

That was dumb to put up with. Carnival has policies about loud music. Next time talk to Guest Services, security will get it turned off or confiscate the radio.

I would have probably just sang along very loudly with the music. With my voice they would have turned it off very quickly.

Haha, that made me chuckle

We had bad balcony neighbors as well. Not a radio situation, but a constant slamming of the balcony door, and I mean wake-up-from-a-dead-sleep-slam !!) This went on day and nights until the wee hours. In addition, they left their balcony light on all night long. This may seem like a minor thing to some UNLESS it's YOUR balcony neighbor. Also, most cruisers know that the particians are not sound proof. One morning we were enjoying our coffee when one of the neighbors stated that she couldn't wait to get to the pharmacy in port so she could get some meds to cure her reoccurent infection. I wont mention where it was, but we got way to much TMI. We were not eves dropping but just couldn't help but to hear. Needless to say we got up and had our coffee in our cabin. And, yes we did very nicely mention the slamming and the light and were told that "everyone seems to slam the door around here" and they needed the light on the balcony as they enjoy reading until 3-4 am. So we just grinned and beared it and didn't enjoy our balcony as much as we would have liked to.

not too bad..second last night on Destiny our connecting room a knock em down drag em out type of fight with the words.."where the hell do you want me to go.." coming from the female in the room. Shortly after some dude walked out of the cabin, no idea what ever happened there

People...People.....please remember that NOT EVERYONE is going to be as considerate as you are and if you believe they are going to be, you may be setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. When all else fails, contact guest services and if that is not satisfactory, ask to speak to the CD or the captain !!!

I don't get the whole 'did not want to disrespect my elders' logic. And my suspicions are that if they didn't call guest services then they didn't really make it clear that the music was annoying.

But I am curious what the on board Guest Services could have done if they just kept playing the turn it down for five minutes then turn it up again game. Other than not allowing them to board another Carnival cruise, what can they do? Can they turn their power off? Is there an on board lock up they can put them in? I could understand them locking someone up that was violent, but do they have the authority to detain people for 'just' being loud and obnoxious?

I don't get the whole 'did not want to disrespect my elders' logic. And my suspicions are that if they didn't call guest services then they didn't really make it clear that the music was annoying.

But I am curious what the on board Guest Services could have done if they just kept playing the turn it down for five minutes then turn it up again game. Other than not allowing them to board another Carnival cruise, what can they do? Can they turn their power off? Is there an on board lock up they can put them in? I could understand them locking someone up that was violent, but do they have the authority to detain people for 'just' being loud and obnoxious?

Guest services would have contacted the guest and advised of the complaints and asked them kindly to refrain.... if it had continued, they probably would have been warned that if the problem did not cease, they would take further action, not limited to debarking them at the next port of call as a last resort. I think it all depends on the violation, but radios w/out headphones that cause annoyance to other passengers are restricted if I am not mistaken in the cruise contract.

I can't believe you endured the behavior of your neighbors without first asking them to turn it down (preferably off) and second going to Guest Services if they did not. I would have been at Guest Services every hour (at least) until this was resolved. There is no way you should have to put up with that, but complaining now won't do any good.

Archived