Is Everything On Carnival Covered In Naugahyde?

copyace

Since this thread started I have been on my first Carnival cruise.

I am furious! I was led to believe the Pride would be prime hunting grounds for the species known as the

"Tackios Vulgaris Naugahidios Americanas" but could find head nor hair of this creature.

(Did spot large women wearing faux leopard print outfits).;)

It was on our first, and only, Carnival cruise some years back -- we sailed on the Paradise out of Los Angeles on a Baja cruise, and hated, hated, hated the fact that every chair, couch, settee and stool was vinyl-covered. Even in the library where my better half wanted a comfortable chair to sit and read. Our impression was that Carnival wanted to be able to hose down their ship interiors after each voyage. So we've never returned.

To be fair, was this an anomaly on the Paradise -- or is this a "feature" of even the newest Carnival ships?

Paradise was built as a nonsmoking ship.... Everything in that vessel was geared to preventing odors of any kind, as many allergens as could be addressed.

Cloth absorbs odor, vinyl doesn't...it is easily cleaned.

When the designer is named "Fartus" :rolleyes: , it's little wonder it looks like $#!t. :p :D

It's "Farcus" and he's a genius!!! Dazzling designs, art everywhere. I love their ships....all of them.... Each is different, each is stunningly decorated. A smile comes on my face as soon as I pass over that portal from land to sea...and it stays there.

Wait until you see the Pride....!!!! Fabulous.

It was on our first, and only, Carnival cruise some years back -- we sailed on the Paradise out of Los Angeles on a Baja cruise, and hated, hated, hated the fact that every chair, couch, settee and stool was vinyl-covered. Even in the library where my better half wanted a comfortable chair to sit and read. Our impression was that Carnival wanted to be able to hose down their ship interiors after each voyage. So we've never returned.

To be fair, was this an anomaly on the Paradise -- or is this a "feature" of even the newest Carnival ships?

So now the deck chairs and loungers are vinyl covered too. that must be hot around mid day. you did state all chairs right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G'ma

It's "Farcus" and he's a genius!!! Dazzling designs, art everywhere. I love their ships....all of them.... Each is different, each is stunningly decorated.

This is hands down the single funniest post I've ever read on Cruise Critic. LMAO!!!![/quote

No kidding the decor of Carnival is a joke and the Splendor with the pepto bismol

pink bottle stains all over the place look like it was designed by a sexily frustrated cross bred French Italiano

Archived