Is Everything On Carnival Covered In Naugahyde?

copyace

It was on our first, and only, Carnival cruise some years back -- we sailed on the Paradise out of Los Angeles on a Baja cruise, and hated, hated, hated the fact that every chair, couch, settee and stool was vinyl-covered. Even in the library where my better half wanted a comfortable chair to sit and read. Our impression was that Carnival wanted to be able to hose down their ship interiors after each voyage. So we've never returned.

To be fair, was this an anomaly on the Paradise -- or is this a "feature" of even the newest Carnival ships?

It was on our first, and only, Carnival cruise some years back -- we sailed on the Paradise out of Los Angeles on a Baja cruise, and hated, hated, hated the fact that every chair, couch, settee and stool was vinyl-covered. Even in the library where my better half wanted a comfortable chair to sit and read. Our impression was that Carnival wanted to be able to hose down their ship interiors after each voyage. So we've never returned.

To be fair, was this an anomaly on the Paradise -- or is this a "feature" of even the newest Carnival ships?

Would you expect something different from CCL?

No it is not a fluke, they bought that garbage by the truckload.

I never paid much attention either-- are the chairs that are located through out the promanade--are the nangahyde too?

What about the seats in the show lounge??

I thought the chairs in the buffet were cloth too

I would think plastic is easier to clean when norovirus is onboard.

2 posts............only what they purchased from RCCL!!

Hehe, when I was buying my FCC on Elation for my Splendor cruise I asked the guy what the ship was like. He smirked and said "I hope you like purple". So, CLEARLY, it wasn't just orange that fell off the back of that truck.

I thought it was more of a pink hue. Huge pink circles EVERYWHERE! Few drinks though the circles start to swirl so...:p:D

The title of the thread got me... PRICELESS!!!

Honestly, as other posters have stated... I truly couldn't tell you what covers the settees and furniture... But considering many folks swim and sit and are in shorts and sit and don't wash their hands and sneeze and cough and touch... much less what they do and don't so with their bottoms... and feet... I would think that something clean and sanitizable would be the BEST option for cleaning and keeping up a healthy environment.

And for that... PRICELESS!!!

But I never stuck to a seat... Never felt bad about sitting on a place where thousands of folks sat just last week... never was offended to the point of not returning because of decor...

I know everyone's taste is personal, and no one can change your mind...

Seriously?? What should they be using for their furniture? Have you ever visited a nusing home or any other place that uses fabric for their furniture? It usually looks disgusting and smells even worse in no time. I do agree it would be nice to see something other than orange but I am glad they don't use fabric for the furniture.

When we sailed the Miracle in October they had all new chairs outside on the lido deck. They were a woven plastic type but looked awesome. More tropical looking.

Archived