alcohol prices?

Tropiclady

Can you bring hard liquor on board? I was not aware that any cruiseline allowed that.

YES...For use in your cabin

If you take wine to the dining rooms there is a corkage fee

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

• 2 weeks later...

I have experience with both. Our last cruise was Alaska, nothing but fog and cool weather. What to do? X's drink package. Yes, you need to put them away, but you have all day and into the night. My favorite Canadian was just under $12 each per ounce. At $56 :confused:?/package /per day only five (5) per day and you're ahead of the game. But who's counting, I'm on holiday and I'm not driving the ship:). Yes, I now wish O had this policy, because I don't like to enjoy myself to my self imposed limit and then be faced with a huge tab at the end. A TA once said to me "The more you pay to get on the ship, the less it costs to get off". Very true. And hey, I have to drive 1000 miles just to get yellow fever vacs for upcoming Amazon Adventure in March/11. And now a REAL request for the folks at "O". How can a red blooded Canadian boy live without MOTTS extra spicy Clam for the morning refreshers, and my goodness, no Schwepps ginger ale. Come on, get with the program!

For most of us, Ginger Ale is Ginger Ale.

I'll take Schweppes, Canada Dry or Seagram's interchangeably.

Go ahead, flame me :cool:

Straight up I prefer Schweppes too. But I agree, with a mixed drink, ginger ale is ginger ale.

For most of us, Ginger Ale is Ginger Ale.

I'll take Schweppes, Canada Dry or Seagram's interchangeably.

Go ahead, flame me :cool:

It was an attempt at humour - the poster I replied to is from Canada and is not drinking Canada Dry

We're taking our first O cruise in July, departing from Stockholm. Can we bring wine on board on embarcation day and take it to the MDR (and pay corkage fee).

If yes...how many bottles are we allowed to bring?...and...any recommendations on where to buy it in Stockholm? (we will be there for four days pre-cruise).

It was an attempt at humour - the poster I replied to is from Canada and is not drinking Canada Dry

My Grandpa saw a billboard that said "Drink Canada Dry" and died trying.

"Bada Bump"

Thank you for the responses about bringing wine onboard on embarcation day.

Anyone know how I can access a price list/menu of wines available on O ships (Insignia)?...:confused:

Also...does Oceania offer package deals for wine to be ordered onboard the ship?:)

Thank you for the responses about bringing wine onboard on embarcation day.

Anyone know how I can access a price list/menu of wines available on O ships (Insignia)?...:confused:

Also...does Oceania offer package deals for wine to be ordered onboard the ship?:)

If you do a search in the forum (top right) for wine lists someone posted them a while back

Yes they do offer wine packages like 2 or 3 bottles at a discounted price they also had some special on during the cruise with wines marked down ..maybe clearing the cellar out for new shipments ;)

The drink prices are average however when you add in 18% gratuity prices get a little high. Almost $6 for a Miller Lite or Bud Light beer is high even for major USA city prices. I really wish Oceania would do what Azamara does and build gratuity into cruise fares and not on a per drink basis or per bottle of wine. I was also told by numerous members of the bar staff on my recent cruise that the 18% gratuity does not directly go to them. We always tip extra to our favorite servers at the end of the cruise as that is the only way to insure that your favorite servers get what they deserve.

The drink prices are average however when you add in 18% gratuity prices get a little high. Almost $6 for a Miller Lite or Bud Light beer is high even for major USA city prices. I really wish Oceania would do what Azamara does and build gratuity into cruise fares and not on a per drink basis or per bottle of wine. I was also told by numerous members of the bar staff on my recent cruise that the 18% gratuity does not directly go to them. We always tip extra to our favorite servers at the end of the cruise as that is the only way to insure that your favorite servers get what they deserve.

Well then they've got a serious problem, because 18% is more than enough to tip on a drink. They need to figure out how to compensate their workers fairly if they are going to collect the money on each drink.

Well then they've got a serious problem, because 18% is more than enough to tip on a drink. They need to figure out how to compensate their workers fairly if they are going to collect the money on each drink.

I believe they get part of the 18% tip but not the full tip as there are Taxes included in that %

I believe they get part of the 18% tip but not the full tip as there are Taxes included in that %

Taxes? On the open seas? I guess there's a lot I haven't taken the time to understand.

My problem is not with the prices, tip or taxes. It's the size of the drink they pour which requires a magnifying glass to find the contents. A double almost approaches the normal pour on land or other ships.

012815.jpg

This is our favorite Oceania employee, Antonio Fernandes, transferring our unfinished pre dinner cocktails up to Toscana when a table became suddenly available.

The cocktails that we driink, a Cosmopolitans (Stan) and a Gimlet (Myself), are actually a generous size.

Our drinks are more than half gone, but look at the size of the glasses!

:D

Archived