Ruby Dec 19-26 Made it to Princess Cays

MichTraveler

After several sailing missed Princess Cays this month, Ruby Princess made it to Princess Cays on our Dec 19-26 sailing. The seas are a little rough, but the ship is decorated beautifully.

We are at St.Maarten today with 5 other ships. I decided to catch up on email a little as I've been here before and don't have an excursion planned this time.

The MDR is closed today and tomorrow for lunch. I have not seen that before this sailing. With so few onboard the HC is nearly empty so it is probably a good business decision. But I love to be "served" my lunch.

Lots of families onboard and many of the cabin doors have been decorated for the week -- very festive. Hoping for good weather tomorrow in St.Thomas which is our second formal night.

Leaving the ice and snow of Michigan last Friday was not difficult at all!

Glad ya'll finally made it into Princess Cays! They "closed" the main dining room for lunch on our cruise December 5 on the Ruby on those port days as well. As you pointed out, hardly anyone in the HC. Enjoy the ship and your holiday cruise!

After several sailing missed Princess Cays this month, Ruby Princess made it to Princess Cays on our Dec 19-26 sailing. The seas are a little rough, but the ship is decorated beautifully.

We are at St.Maarten today with 5 other ships. I decided to catch up on email a little as I've been here before and don't have an excursion planned this time.

The MDR is closed today and tomorrow for lunch. I have not seen that before this sailing. With so few onboard the HC is nearly empty so it is probably a good business decision. But I love to be "served" my lunch.

Lots of families onboard and many of the cabin doors have been decorated for the week -- very festive. Hoping for good weather tomorrow in St.Thomas which is our second formal night.

We are trying to keep the snow away for your return. We are driving down the day after Christmas, spending a couple of days in Vero Beach and then on to Ft. Lauderdale the day before we sail on the 30th.

Looks like the weather in south Florida will be a little cool for your return - low to mid 60's. Hopefully the temps will be warmer where we are headed - Dominica, Barbados, Antigua and St. Thomas with a sea day before we hit Princess Cays.

Enjoy the rest of the voyage and have a safe trip back to MI.

MichTraveler-If you get the chance, could you please tell me if the ship is on the same local time (Atlantic Standard Time) in St. Thomas. We have a day sail planned and want to check on timing. Thanks and hope you're having a wonderful cruise. We can't wait for our turn.

We have had a record snow accumulation for our area in Dec...37 inches for just this month....

So happy to hear you are enjoying your cruise...Happy Holidays!

We are trying to keep the snow away for your return. We are driving down the day after Christmas, spending a couple of days in Vero Beach and then on to Ft. Lauderdale the day before we sail on the 30th.

Looks like the weather in south Florida will be a little cool for your return - low to mid 60's. Hopefully the temps will be warmer where we are headed - Dominica, Barbados, Antigua and St. Thomas with a sea day before we hit Princess Cays.

Enjoy the rest of the voyage and have a safe trip back to MI.

I'll be waiting patiently for your review of your cruise...:)

MichTraveler-If you get the chance, could you please tell me if the ship is on the same local time (Atlantic Standard Time) in St. Thomas. We have a day sail planned and want to check on timing. Thanks and hope you're having a wonderful cruise. We can't wait for our turn.

When we were on the Ruby, Dec 5-12, the ship's time did go forward one hour to accomodate St Maarten and St Thomas time.

We missed Princess Cays on our sailing (12/11/10 - 12/19/10) - so glad you made it. Otherwise it was a good cruise. I did not use my Coffee card as much as I thought I would. If anyone is interested in it, please send info and I'll mail it to the first received. I spilled some water on it, but it should still be good (LOL). 10 punches left !

Did you happen to go on shore at all in St Maartin?? We are going to be there also with 5 ships in port and just wondering how crazy it's going to be. We've booked a tour, but I don't want to spend half our time in traffic trying to get from one stop to the next.......

The day we were in St. Maarten the Carnival was on one side and the Oasis on the other. Needless to say, it was busy. Because the Princess Cay stop had been cancelled we arrived at 7 am rather than noon. (The other ships arrived after us) No shops opened until 9:30 so there was not much to do. We had rented a car that day so picked it up at 11 am and drove to the French side. When we got to Marigot on our way back to Phillipsburg I have never seen such grid lock traffic on any island I have ever visted!!! Managed to get the car back at 330pm and spend some time visiting the shops before heading back to the Ship. We really would liked to have experienced Marigot but didn't. Not sure if this traffic is normal or whether it was as a result of cruisers.

Archived