quick question about DSC

youngestof9

I have a quick question. There will be 4 of us on Epic so our total DSC will be $336. Can I ask guest services to charge that to my credit card separately? The reason I ask is I can get reimbursed on my card for travel up to $350 so I'd love to have that charge separately. If my total charges are charged to the card at the end and it's over $350 (which it will be with the restaurants, etc.) then I can't use my rewards for this.

Not sure if I'm being clear but in short I'd like to immediately ask them to charge that $336 and then charge the rest at the end. Is that possible??

Thanks (and I still can't believe after a year of planning I still have questions!)

Call NCL if you booked directly with them.

Call your travel agent if you booked that way.

either way, NCL should be happy to let you prepay your service charges.

If you want to charge more next month, you could probable arrange to a purchase of on board credit by making the same type of call. You'd get a refund if bought OBC and didn't use it all.

fyi

When folks "prepay" the DSC, I believe they actually put a credit for $xxx on their account. The DSC is charged each day, not as a lump sum. The onboard account is a bunch of charges and credits.

So, even though people think they are prepaying the DSC, they are not actually paying it directly, but paying an equal amount on the account.

fyi

When folks "prepay" the DSC, I believe they actually put a credit for $xxx on their account. The DSC is charged each day, not as a lump sum. The onboard account is a bunch of charges and credits.

So, even though people think they are prepaying the DSC, they are not actually paying it directly, but paying an equal amount on the account.

When I hear the term prepay, I assume it means that the DSC was paid with the final payment, which is what I did in October and will be doing in 2012.

I have a quick question. There will be 4 of us on Epic so our total DSC will be $336. Can I ask guest services to charge that to my credit card separately? The reason I ask is I can get reimbursed on my card for travel up to $350 so I'd love to have that charge separately. If my total charges are charged to the card at the end and it's over $350 (which it will be with the restaurants, etc.) then I can't use my rewards for this.

Not sure if I'm being clear but in short I'd like to immediately ask them to charge that $336 and then charge the rest at the end. Is that possible??

Thanks (and I still can't believe after a year of planning I still have questions!)

How refreshing to see a thread with "service charge" in the title where someone actually wants to pay it, and prepay it at that! Yea!

I believe that you can go to the front desk and pay off $350 with that credit card when you reach that amount and leave the rest of your charges on your main card. Just sort of splitting the bill between cards.

Have fun on your cruise.

fyi

We prepaid our DSC and it was charged/paid as part of the final payment.

Then the DSC was not charged to our account each day since it was already paid.

Archived