Falmouth

My guess is that better than 50 percent of the ships miss Falmouth, even if they have scheduled it as a port. We have missed it twice, both times because of weather.

Maybe it was our bad luck......but we have pretty good luck, and there have been very few ports that we have missed.;)

Rick

I have some friends who returned from the Navigator a few weeks ago. When they booked their cruise, their TA originally told them that they would be going to Falmouth. It was later changed to Ocho Rios.

Once onboard, they were informed that there would be yet another change of plans and that they would be docking in Montego Bay instead. Here's the kicker. The Cruise Director blamed CARNIVAL for them going to Montego Bay! He said that Carnival was "hogging" all the berths in Ocho Rios so they were being forced to go to Montego Bay instead...:eek:

Is it me, or was the CD's explanation a way of "creative lying and twisting the truth"? How about saying that the real reason they ended up in Montego Bay was because Falmouth wasn't ready and Royal Caribbean had miscalculated opening dates?? Even if Carnival was indeed "hogging" all the berths in Ocho Rios, I find the CD's comments to be a bit unprofessional...

I have some friends who returned from the Navigator a few weeks ago. When they booked their cruise, their TA originally told them that they would be going to Falmouth. It was later changed to Ocho Rios.

Once onboard, they were informed that there would be yet another change of plans and that they would be docking in Montego Bay instead. Here's the kicker. The Cruise Director blamed CARNIVAL for them going to Montego Bay! He said that Carnival was "hogging" all the berths in Ocho Rios so they were being forced to go to Montego Bay instead...:eek:

Is it me, or was the CD's explanation a way of "creative lying and twisting the truth"? How about saying that the real reason they ended up in Montego Bay was because Falmouth wasn't ready and Royal Caribbean had miscalculated opening dates?? Even if Carnival was indeed "hogging" all the berths in Ocho Rios, I find the CD's comments to be a bit unprofessional...

Maybe, but John Heald (Senior cruise director for Carnival) is always ripping on RCI as well, so I guess it goes with the territory.

Maybe, but John Heald (Senior cruise director for Carnival) is always ripping on RCI as well, so I guess it goes with the territory.

You punching me, does not make it right for me to punch you back.

I would have expected a Royal representative to stand above the petty blame game.

You punching me, does not make it right for me to punch you back.

I would have expected a Royal representative to stand above the petty blame game.

good grief....lighten up! :rolleyes: CD's, comedian's, etc on ALL cruise lines have made comments about other ships, lines, etc. It's no biggie and certainly nothing to get upset over.

good grief....lighten up! :rolleyes: CD's, comedian's, etc on ALL cruise lines have made comments about other ships, lines, etc. It's no biggie and certainly nothing to get upset over.

Do you read the boards? 1/2 the posters on the World Wide Web get their panties in a bunch over the smallest, studipist things.

:)

Things that make you scratch your head!

There are some comments that are funny. There are others that are tacky and unprofessional. I think it's OK to take lighthearted, friendly jabs at the competition, but there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. Even if you are THINKING it, that doesn't mean that SAYING it is OK...

Hehehe....Tyron, on Oasis last week our CD said he went over and keyed the Carnival ship at the other dock:D

Hehehe....Tyron, on Oasis last week our CD said he went over and keyed the Carnival ship at the other dock:D

Going to use this line!!! lol...great!!

:rolleyes:to the others......what can I say, I may say something to offend...oops, already might have....

From what we've seen and read here I don't think I'd be excited about going to Falmouth anytime soon:rolleyes:

That is what we thought in the begining! We just want some place we can relax and see the sites. Sounds as if this place is still under construction:)

I keep hearing Navigator on 1/7/11 as the first to dock there. We are "suppose" to be at this port on 1/13/11 on Navaigator. I just wish I knew now where we'd be? I don't care - but would like to KNOW :confused:

I'm sorry but a company as large as RCI - should know 14 days ahead of a "grand opening" if it's gonna take place. If it's not ready - it's not ready...........and plan accordingly I didn't book the cruise for this port - but it's unnerving (for my OCD self :) to not know

I've yet to be to Jamiaca, but from what I have heard, the people trying to sell you stuff and tours can be quite annoying and pushy. Maybe if Falmouth isn't quite ready for prime time even if we do stop there, then those people might not have had a chance to set up shop yet LOL.

I'd like to know as well, but I don't really care either way which port we go to, or none at all. We've had almost 5 feet of snow in the last 3 weeks, and I just want to be away from it.

Do you read the boards? 1/2 the posters on the World Wide Web get their panties in a bunch over the smallest, studipist things.

:)

Things that make you scratch your head!

LOL!!!

LOL!!! Too funny! :D How was your recent Oasis cruise?

Archived