Why isn't Cabana rental on excursion list?

sme

As others have said you can only book once one the ship - I bribed my DH to wait in line while I ran up to the lido and got him a drink ;) They are very nice and whenever we are on the private Island, we book a cabana (if you ever cruise HAL, you can book a cabana in advance)

Enjoy

We just took the Destiny sailing on 12/13 that went to Half Moon Cay. We boarded the ship around 11:45 and immediately went to the Excursions Desk. No one was in line and I walked up and said I would like to reserve a cabana. When I saw the map, there was only one other spoken for. Very excited!! We had Yellow #12 and loved it....further down away from all of the activity and very peaceful! Good luck!!!

Any one know what time the pursers desk opens? I am on a back to back and plan to be in line when it opens. Thanks!

I wonder if they will let you book the cabana on your first portion of your B2B, assuming the cabana rental is for the second half of your trip?

But the answer to your question is usually around 1:00, sometimes we have had it open a bit earlier.....

I wonder if they will let you book the cabana on your first portion of your B2B, assuming the cabana rental is for the second half of your trip?

But the answer to your question is usually around 1:00, sometimes we have had it open a bit earlier.....

Good question, it wouldn't hurt to ask, that's for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will check that out. Maybe I will get lucky and they will let me book it on my 1st cruise, so I won't have to wait around until the excursion desk opens. I can spend my time up on deck soaking up the sun and watching the new passengers board!!

• 3 weeks later...

A Carnival representative informed me yesterday that during the week of January 10, 2011, Carnival quietly added Cabana Rentals to their on-line reservation system. This will probably cause a lot of confusion to all those passengers who still think that they have to actually board the ship and rent a cabana from the excusrion desk. They will be very surprised and dissapointed! Once you successfully book a cabana on-line, you must visit the excursion desk on board the ship to choose your cabana #, your snorkel sizes and soft drink preference.

Thanks Carnival!! We just grabbed one of the seven (7) remaining cabanas [4/17/11 visit on the Carnival Liberty]. Now we don't have to worry about rushing to the excursion desk to grab one of the 15 cabanas!

Grab them while you still can and don't wait another minute...they are selling out fast!!

A Carnival representative informed me yesterday that during the week of January 10, 2011, Carnival quietly added Cabana Rentals to their on-line reservation system. This will probably cause a lot of confusion to all those passengers who still think that they have to actually board the ship and rent a cabana from the excusrion desk. They will be very surprised and dissapointed! Once you successfully book a cabana on-line, you must visit the excursion desk on board the ship to choose your cabana #, your snorkel sizes and soft drink preference.

Thanks Carnival!! We just grabbed one of the seven (7) remaining cabanas [4/17/11 visit on the Carnival Liberty]. Now we don't have to worry about rushing to the excursion desk to grab one of the 15 cabanas!

Grab them while you still can and don't wait another minute...they are selling out fast!!

I rented one online this week too. I just want to know how you knew there were 7 remaining? Thanks!

Will be on the Valor in July and stopping at Half Moon Cay. How much are the cabanas? What does the price cover? How many people do they accommodate? Thank you!

They are $199.99 for the day & it says for up to 4 people. They provide soft drinks, chips & fruit...snokel gear & I believe float mats for everyone.

We're excited that we managed to snag one. :cool:

thank you! i saw on website where you can book online. gonna go ahead and do that. would love to get the oasis :) btw, the oasis can only be booked while onboard.

I booked the oasis online 2 days ago for our May 2011 cruise. A charge of $1,299 went through to my credit card. We are part of a group booking (getting married onboard) so I don't know if that made a difference in why we could see it to book? When I pull up the excursion list now, it shows the oasis as being sold out. We are really excited to plan this day for our wedding guests.

o wow! good deal. i may have to look into that. we are part of a group booking too. i saw it online and it looked as if i could book it, but a note at the bottom said you could book oasis onboard only. this would be great as we have some in our party that has never sailed, others celebrating graduations, not to mention our 10yr anniversary :) thanks again!

thank you! i saw on website where you can book online. gonna go ahead and do that. would love to get the oasis :) btw, the oasis can only be booked while onboard.

On my cruise I could add it to the cart.

Experienced it last year and it was great. However this year we have our cabana

Archived