Ladies, what's your favorite hold-it-all bag/purse?

Delta Dear

I had a purse that was great for traveling. It held my phone, my wallet, my everything including my digital camera. BUT, I now have added a NOOK to the things I want all in one bag, so...... What do you use that works?

Let me say I do not like backpacks or anything that is behind me. Those bags with the strings on both sides that you put your arms through are awkward to me.

I have bad shoulders so shoulder bags are out. Most of my bags have been with two handles almost like the old doctors bags. I am thinking an across the body bag might be good since Dr. Oz said bags with handle are just as bad for your shoulders.:confused:

I'd love to hear your ideas. Thanks. I cruise in 31 days on the Carnival Miracle. Can't wait. Thanks in advance.

I shopped around to find one to fit my Kindle...I think the Nook is about the same size? This one is perfect:

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-bag/94553?productid=1237311

The Kindle fits in the back pocket (unzipped...easy to slide out!), the Kandle Light fits in one of the side pockets, there are plenty of other secure pockets for stuff, a front zippered pocket for a passport, and a long adjustable strap, so it can be over-the-shoulder, across the chest, a "handbag", or around your waist. I can fit "a ton" of stuff in it.

Onboard the ship, I just have a teeny tiny bag (big enough for a key card and a lipstick) with a long strap that I wear across my body.

In port, I love my tote bag that is covered in giant pink flowers - it's reserved just for cruises. It's big enough to tote a towel, swimsuit, bottle of water, camera. I keep a bit of foreign change in it's one pocket, just to make myself smile when I'm home.

I have a small leather Clark's crossbody bag. It is probably 5" X 6" but really holds a lot. It has main zippered compartment with card slots and two pockets for passport, money, etc; a pen holder, and even a compartment that holds change; and an outside pocket holds my cell phone, a lipstick, and a small comb. Love it/ Very versatile. If I carry a larger tote bag ofr carryon on the plane and just put the small bag inside it. Love this bag.

Check on PacSafe or Travelon websites. They have different sizes in cross-body bags. I love both brands & I have several of them for different travel occasions.

I am a big Travelon fan. I have a cross body bag which fits close to the body. Lots of pockets and secure compartments for just about any thing you want to keep with you.

i travel solo so i have too carry everything myself. i have a very small cross-body cloth purse that i put my ss card, lip balm, a few kleen-ex and a couple $1 bills in to carry on the ship. . i travel very light so i get away with taking almost nothing with me. i have always found my bags at walmart . from your picture it looks like you have a great '' person '' too carry anything you need :D. have a great cruise.

I travel solo and the most efficient way I have found is to use a slim, inexpensive canvas and plastic, shoulder bag that's only about 9"wx12"deep. It has a few zippers and pockets.

I choose inexpensive because it doesn't attract thieves and because I may have to put it down in some filthy places (I can wash it on the ship.)

For air travel, I put everything "critical" in it (tickets, passport, money, docs, kindle, lipstick). After security and before boarding the plane, I stick the purse in the top of my carryon bag. I usually have my laptop also so the purse doesn't get counted as a 3rd bag and I have only two items to keep close track of. After I have boarded the plane, I can take the purse back out of the carryon.

This purse also serves me well on the ship and shore excursions since it is big enough to hold my kindle, sunglasses, the daily program and anything else I want to have with me. The important docs and money go immediately in the safe, of course.

Things I look for in a "travel" bag:

• Smallish so I can't load it up with too many "I MIGHT need that" items.
  • Lightweight & washable material.
  • Colorful (patterned or solid) bright colors to "catch my eye" when I'm moving from one place to another. The brighter the better. Especially important so I don't miss seeing it on the plane or in a taxi or whatever.
  • Across the shoulder so I don't accidentally set it down while I'm shopping. Also keeps my hands free for shopping or coffee or whatever.

My current travel bag is a Baggallini Little Zipper Bagg. I got a Sony Reader Touch for Christmas so will probably upgrade my size to the Baggallini Big Zipper Bagg to fit my reader. I need to get into the store and verify size though.

I take 2 bags with me which I can recommend

1. A Radley leather tote which has various pockets to take my tickets, passports etc, and keep them safe. It looks good but it's still easy to access the ducuments when they're needed.

2. A Kipling bag which I wear across my body and which has a range of pockets. It is also very safe and most of all light-weight for when I'm travelling around.

Archived