Deck 4 inside cabin on Insignia-- worth upgrading?

truffle2010

From what I read on this site, it's fine that we're in an inside cabin. We won't be in the room much, and would rather spend the money on the excursions and other fun things. I haven't seen anything about floor 4 inside cabins (we're in room 4034, which happens to be a handicapped room from what I see on the website). Any experience? It looks convenient that it's near the concierge, etc. But will it be noisy?

If we get an offer to upgrade when we check in at the concierge on Sunday, should we do it? What would you pay to get a porthole or balcony? Or should we not even make ourselves crazy about this? I have a feeling we'll have fun no matter what!

Thanks all!

We've had 4035 and loved it ( we booked a guarantee and that was the cabin we were assigned). I love the location, very convenient for ports of call. Also nice if the seas get rough.

With the extra space and convenience, I would not pay more for a smaller cabin. I think you are in a good cabin. Enjoy your cruise.

My friends had a cabin on the 4th deck twice. The second time the ship was not full and they got an upgrade free when they appeared at the ship. We had an inside cabin on the 8th deck on our first cruise with Oceania. We had not cruised before then. I didn't mind it but my husband didn't like it because he never knew what time of day or night since it is so dark. He seemed to get disorientated without the light and the cabin is really dark at night which is great for sleeping.

We were rarely in the room since the cruise was so port intensive. Since then we have had a verandah. I seem to use the deck much more than my husband and it is lovely but they cost a lot more. I would rather cruise more and pay less. I think a cabin with a big window would suffice but my husband doesn't want to go back. Have a great time and enjoy.

We love inside cabins, although we've never been on 4th. I don't think the porthole cabins or the obstructed view cabins are better than the inside cabins. I just keep the webcam TV channel turned on, with volume low, if I want to see what's going on ouside!!!

We had this cabin last cruise. It is a handicapped room. It was huge compared to other categories except for Penthouse and above. Our friends were really amazed by the bathroom. It had a tub with shower and lots of room. We could have fit 5 people in there without putting anyone in the tub.

The location was fine, near the front desk and we didn't miss the windows, just didn't spend a lot of time in the room.

We were assigned 4028, handicapped, for 50 night Rome to Sydney and were leary at first. But, when we saw the size and the large bathroom, we were very pleased. I wouldn't upgrade. It's convenient to front desk & getting off in ports. No noise at all from Medical center or hallways.

Know you will enjoy it. And use the extra money for touring.

Happy sailing,

Joanne

. I discovered when I close my eyes, the view is the same! ]

Edwin Stephan, the founder of Royal Caribbean, has been telling a version of that old chestnut for years:

"All staterooms are the same size when you are sleeping".

Badump bump

We were in a 4th deck C1 (ocean view) on Nautica and it was just about perfect. I did look into the handicapped room as we were passing and it was much larger than my oceanview.

I have had everything from inside to conceirge with extended deck. I have been on 16 cruise lines from large Crown Princess to tiny 24 passenger Turmalina on Amazon River. We have enjoyed the cruise no matter the stateroom as some of the tiny ones were in really wonderful places to see. Our single cousin who travels with us often takes an inside because of the dreaded "single supplement" and she essentially has the same experiences and memories that we have though we usually do ocean view or balcony. Go with the idea that this will be a wonderful trip and that the attitude is " Mind over Matter" If you don't mind the inside room -- it don't matter!

My hint is to ask for the steakhouse the first night on board -- they were "urging" folks to fill the tables. Such a wonderful memory to be sitting in the big back window looking out on Istanbul and enjoying a wonderful meal with 14 more days to enjoy!!! Have a great trip

Archived