Onboard purchase

sme

On our cruise in December 2007 I bought a nice Citizen watch. Unfortunately it has since broken. I thought I remembered something about a lifetime guarantee if purchased on board. Has anyone had to return an item like thison a Carnival ship? I'm not sure if I can come up with a receipt showing I bought in on the Miracle. I was hopingto take it with us on our cruise in April to see if I can exchange it. Any suggestions?

As with anything else, you're going to have to have a receipt.

However, the guarantee probably work at your local Citizen dealership. If you have a receipt.

Or if you went online to the manufacturers website and registered your watch to activate the warranty as instructed in the users manual.

We bought a citizens watch and its guaranteed for the amount you paid. Im betting they can look it up if you cant find the receipt.

Mine say guaranteed for 5 years... Id bring it back on your next cruise. The shops are not run by Carnival, but by a 3rd party... they should take care of it or replace it for the value you spent. We spent $119.99 for instance .. even though the retail is $200. They are 40% off standard on the ships... so we are guaranteed it says for 119.99

Hi

Just a thought.I buy a new watch on every cruise and I like the Citizen because of the eco-drive.I dont know whats wrong with your watch,but this happened to one of my wifes Citizens.She had it stored for a rather long period of time in the dark and it wouldnt work.We asked a sales person on our next cruise and he said put the watch in bright light for a full two days.all was ok after that.Ive got a Citizen I bought 18 cruises ago and it works fine if its left in sun light or something like it.I hate to be negitive, but a few watches I bought on the ships and on land are far cheaper at places like Sams Club.To me though I just love to buy a new watch while on a cruise.

I did have a bunch of trouble with one of the large stores on shore.I bought a Hamilton,and when I looked closer at it back in my cabin,it was missing three screws on the back cover.They say, no problem exchanging watches at the next port.Seems that watches have a serial number for a certain port.So they said I couldnt exchange it.I would have to deal with the office in NY.After getting rather angry, a person from Carnival help out and it all worked out ok.Just a lesson I learned, look at the watch real well before you buy it.I wonder if some of these watches are returns or repairs.Sorry for the long wind.Hope it works out.:)

We bought a citizens watch and its guaranteed for the amount you paid. Im betting they can look it up if you cant find the receipt.

Mine say guaranteed for 5 years... Id bring it back on your next cruise. The shops are not run by Carnival, but by a 3rd party... they should take care of it or replace it for the value you spent. We spent $119.99 for instance .. even though the retail is $200. They are 40% off standard on the ships... so we are guaranteed it says for 119.99

Thanks for the information. I will have to see what i can do about coming up with a receipt.

Archived