Do you pack beach towels from home?

kiraryker

We have brought a couple from home for just the two of us. We had room in our luggage. The last couple cruisesnwe have just brought the ones provided in the room off the ship. Have not lost them yet. (knock on wood)

But bringing five from home would take up a lot of room in the luggage. If you fly, remember some airlines make you pay for checked luggage and carryons (damn you Spirit).

I think a family of 5 has enough to pack and worry about. Leave the beach towels at home since you know you can get towels from the ship. Just make sure to keep track of them since you wouldn't want to be charged if you do not return all of them.

Have a great cruise!

We use the ships beach towels. The best part of using Carnival's is that when you return back to the ship you can throw the towel on the floor and they exchange it with a nice freshly laundered towel. I throw ours in the bathroom since they usually have sand in them still. I wouldn't want to use the same beach towel for each of the ports. There is a small retractable clothes line in your shower to hang things on but I'm not sure how well beach towels would dry in there. On a side note I thought that retractable clothes line was some sort of sprinkler/fire detector on our first couple of sailings :eek:

We have a family of 5 going to a lot of beach excursions - would you just bring beach towels from home?

No need to, so absolutely not! You can get extra towels from your room steward.

If I packed towels, I might not be able to do airline carryon!

Yes as we usually drive to the cruise port I take an extra beach towel or two. That way if we're doing a water or beach ex we have a dry one available after we towel off. You can also get extra ships towels up on lido some where near the pool will be a hut you show your sail n' sign card and get the towel. Just make sure you turn it back in there as they keep your name and will charge you if you don't. But if your flying in it's a great way to get an extra towel.

Traveled with two teens in October and brought towels..I was terrified they would lose the Carnival towels..I probably worried for nothing, but it gave ME piece of mind.

When just hubs and I traveled, I brought towels for the beaches, and never used them...

If you don't have to pay for luggage, have room, and need that piece of mind, pack a couple of lightweight ones in that large zipper compartment in the front of the suitcase, or 'wrap' your clothes in them....

otherwise..dont worry about it.

We have a family of 5 going to a lot of beach excursions - would you just bring beach towels from home?

You are provided one beach towel per person on the ship which can be used ashore. They swap them for fresh ones daily. If you want more than one per person, then bring them with you. If you lose the carnival towels you are charged for them.

We are you....a family of 5 who lives on the beach! :D We use the ship's towels because 5 beach towels take up a lot of precious luggage space when you're flying and trying to avoid checking bags.

We use the cruise line towels...bringing my own would take up too much luggage space and I always have to fly...If you are not flying, its probably no big deal but Carnival always gives u fresh towels....if u bring ur own, they won't be fresh once they get wet or get sand and things on them unless u plan on paying for the laundry service or doing laundry onboard....even with all the Carnival towels laying out I never have problems finding my chair...

Enjoy!

I had packed towels for our cruise in October as I did not know that the ship provided towels. Now knowing that they have them for you, it's one (or two) less things to pack.

If you are concerned about possibly forgetting the ship provided towels, maybe pick some up from a discount store at the home port prior to boarding. That way you don't have the added items in your luggage and you could always leave them behind. Just a thought.

I have done both. I do love the big plush towels they provide. But to stuff 4 in my beach bag for the day is rough and they weigh about a ton. Many times we just take 2 off the ship and share. This does not always work great but easier on my back!

We never take our own towels. It's much more convenient to use Carnival towel and get them replaced with clean ones daily. I don't want to have to deal with wet, sandy towels when it's easy to just use the ships towels -- which are really nice. We bought a couple Carnival towels a few years ago to use for the pool at home. Years ago when Carnival first started charging for lost towels, I was concerned that one of our kids would forget a towel somewhere but it's never been an issue.

No, I would not bring beach towels from home. Carnival's system works very well. The towels will be in your cabin(s). When you get back from the excursion put them on the bathroom floor with your other used towels and you will find fresh ones laid out when you get back from dinner. If they did not leave enough towels on embarkation day just ask the steward and he will get you more.

Archived