Undercover Boss - Sunday at 9 p.m.

Oceanwench

I totally agree and fightt that little battle here often about people who comment about something they have never cruised on or tried and is simply just word of mouth :rolleyes:

While I agree I am a big HAL fan I also love NCL. I actually rate them very close to HAL with RCCL being at the very bottom of my list of cruise ines. I would not hesitate to book another NCL cruise and have a Future Cruise Deposit with them just not sure when I can fit it in. I just wish they did more West Coast sailings and were not pulling the Star out of San Pedro :(.

Have you ever stayed in anything other than a Garden Villa room....like a regular balony or even mini-suite? If so, you may have a different opinion of them. Just saying... :)

I thought Sheehan was a total dork and had the charisma of a lizard. NCL did not have their marketing hat on when they agreed to put their CEO on this program. He may know how to crunch numbers, but he needs to stay out of anything sales or marketing related. Most CEOs are very engaging with big and charming personalities as they represent the top of the organization.

If I hadn't already sailed on NCL and formed my opinion of them at that time (not a good opinion), this show would have convinced me to never even consider them for a cruise.

Have you ever stayed in anything other than a Garden Villa room....like a regular balony or even mini-suite? If so, you may have a different opinion of them. Just saying... :)

Yes, we were in a Mini Suite on the NCL Star November 2009 and we were not in a Garden Villa on the Pearl, just a Aft Romanace Suite. My days affording a Villa may never happen. I actually find NCL to be far more like HAL in many ways than many suspect. The only exception is the Free Style Dining. I actually prefer the interaction of Crew/Officers with passengers, some of the parties on NCL, the much larger Entertainment staff. And when you dine in one of the premium restaurants every night you get a very nice experience. For the most part a NCL cruise is less money than a typical HAL cruise so when you add in the cost of going to their specialty restaurants it comes out close.

Agree that it was not the show's best effort. I don't think the CEO was acting, I think he was uncomfortable and out of his element in all the tasks he did. I'm surprised in this season of the show how little the CEO's know of the day to day operation of the business they lead.

It appeared that many CC'ers have more shipboard days than Sheehan does. He doesn't have to be undercover to learn how things work and what goes on aboard NCL's ships.

Archived