Undercover Boss - Sunday at 9 p.m.

Oceanwench

Just in case you miss the story link on the home page of CC, on Sunday at 9 p.m. the CEO of NCL will be on Undercover Boss.

Set your DVR!

I was reading about it in the newspaper today, in an article on different ways the cruise lines are marketing themselves. For example, Royal Caribbean being touted by Oprah and the Today Show.

The program on Sunday will show the NCL CEO working in a number of areas on two different ships. It promises to be very entertaining and give some behind-the-scenes views of what crew members do.

Here is the CC story: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4298

Thank goodness I belong to another web site that allows me to watch TV shows after they air. Because tonight I shall not be watching my normal Extreme Moakeover, Home Edition, but will instead be watching Undercover Boss for the first time:)

Thanks for the reminder OW:)

Joanie

The Steelers come on at 4:30 -- and if they run late -- as per norm in our area -- 60 minutes has to be shown in its entirety!! And has happened so often -- a show is dropped from the evening schedule -- we gave up watching Amazing Race as it was cut out too often.

And I so wanted to see that show -- but I am not counting on it here.

Thank goodness I belong to another web site that allows me to watch TV shows after they air. Because tonight I shall not be watching my normal Extreme Moakeover, Home Edition, but will instead be watching Undercover Boss for the first time:)

Thanks for the reminder OW:)

Joanie

Hey Joanie...I was just about to say that we will miss it, until I realized that today is Saturday, tomorrow is Sunday...LOL

Happy New Year...Betty

It's Sunday night. On CBS.

Thanks for the clarification of what day it is!!!!

My days have been skewed since the 23rd. Hubby has been on vacation the entire time and I keep thinking today is Sunday:(

Lord, I love the man dearly, but cannot wait for him to go back to work so my days will be in order again:D

Joanie

The Steelers come on at 4:30 -- and if they run late -- as per norm in our area -- 60 minutes has to be shown in its entirety!! And has happened so often -- a show is dropped from the evening schedule -- we gave up watching Amazing Race as it was cut out too often.

You can always watch it the next day at cbs.com or at hulu.com

Joanie

Thanks for the warning!

I forgot about football! :eek:

I should check to see what is playing in this area.

I know sometimes the shows run late due to games.

Should be interesting. I have yet to meet anyone, other than a first time cruiser, who has anything good to say about NCL.
My DD and DSiL have been on Disney twice, Zuiderdam once, and the NCL Pearl. They had a lot of good things to say about the Pearl, particularly the choice of alternative restaurants. They're in their late 30's and found the Zuiderdam pretty boring. They racked up a lot of Dam Dollars in sports activities and got a bunch of stuff, but now even that aspect that they liked is gone.

Should be interesting. I have yet to meet anyone, other than a first time cruiser, who has anything good to say about NCL.

Well I am far from a first time cruiser and I absolutely LOVE NCL:) In many ways they have HAL Beat, especially when it comes to Suite passengers and amenities;) I have sailed NCL twice the last was this past APril on the Pearl, it reminded me so much of how HAL use to be about 5 years ago. I love their Past Passnger Parties, Officers are so approachable and the crew... well they were fantastic.

NCL has this bad stigma they cannot seem to get rid of, it is so much like the stigma that HAL is nothing but Seniors and we know that is not true ;)

So unless you have sailed NCL recently do not knock it because you really have no idea.

As for this show Sunday night.... I cannot wait :D

Well I am far from a first time cruiser and I absolutely LOVE NCL:) In many ways they have HAL Beat, especially when it comes to Suite passengers and amenities;) I have sailed NCL twice the last was this past APril on the Pearl, it reminded me so much of how HAL use to be about 5 years ago. I love their Past Passnger Parties, Officers are so approachable and the crew... well they were fantastic.

NCL has this bad stigma they cannot seem to get rid of, it is so much like the stigma that HAL is nothing but Seniors and we know that is not true ;)

So unless you have sailed NCL recently do not knock it because you really have no idea.

As for this show Sunday night.... I cannot wait :D

I like your enthusiasm! :)

Friends of ours sail NCL all the time and love it.

However, DD and our SIL went on NCL for their honeymoon and prefer HAL!

Only if I can figure out how to get it onto the new DVR -- DH has surgery on Monday -- going to be a long day -- hopefully only as an out-patient.

Yonnie, you do not need a DVR to watch at cbs.com or hulu.com. All you need is your computer. You can watch them right on your monitor (as long as you have speakers attached that is:)

That's what I do anyway. For shows that I really want to see, but cannot I go to hulu and watch them the next day or as soon as I can. I have several programs alert me via hulu and they send me an alert when they are available to watch on line:)

Hopefully your hubby's surgery will go quickly and not have any complications!!

Joanie

We really enjoyed NCL (we've only been on NCL, just booked a HAL cruise and about to post some questions on that separately!) - NCL's suites do seem to have more extras than elsewhere. What got us though (and caused us to select HAL this time around) was the erosion of a number of their perks. Just little things that got cut by NCL such as the "Welcome Aboard Bubbly", mints on pillows, free lattes in the buffet/MDR, removal of coffee makers in inside/ocean view cabins etc. I know HAL and all the lines have made cut backs but for us it removed the loyalty we had and we shopped on value this time around.

Really looking forward to seeing the show given how hard the crews all work - will be fun to see how the CEO manages!

Yonnie, you do not need a DVR to watch at cbs.com or hulu.com. All you need is your computer. You can watch them right on your monitor (as long as you have speakers attached that is:)

That's what I do anyway. For shows that I really want to see, but cannot I go to hulu and watch them the next day or as soon as I can. I have several programs alert me via hulu and they send me an alert when they are available to watch on line:)

Hopefully your hubby's surgery will go quickly and not have any complications!!

Joanie

Thank Joanie

Sadly my DH will not have anything to do with a computer -- so he wouldn't even be able to view the show.

Just in case you miss the story link on the home page of CC, on Sunday at 9 p.m. the CEO of NCL will be on Undercover Boss.

Set your DVR!

I was reading about it in the newspaper today, in an article on different ways the cruise lines are marketing themselves. For example, Royal Caribbean being touted by Oprah and the Today Show.

The program on Sunday will show the NCL CEO working in a number of areas on two different ships. It promises to be very entertaining and give some behind-the-scenes views of what crew members do.

Here is the CC story: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4298

Thanks for the Heads-up. I've set my PVR as I normally watch Desperate Housewives [my guilty pleasure].:)

I am not a first time cruiser and even though I love HAL, I also have lots of good things to say about NCL.

This NCL topic is in the HAL forum because? :confused:

Because it has to do with cruising. Just because it is happening on a NCL ship does not mean that avid HAL cruisers would not be interested. Personally I enjoy watching anything that relates to the cruise industry.

Because it has to do with cruising. Just because it is happening on a NCL ship does not mean that avid HAL cruisers would not be interested. Personally I enjoy watching anything that relates to the cruise industry.

So this is a general cruising forum then, not HAL specific?

Archived