All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Just found this topic...starting at the beginning and working my way through. :D

My girlfriend and I will be sailing on the Pride this June. On our cruise, I'm planing to propose; she has told me before that she's always wanted a big, public proposal so I'm going to try emailing someone (John Heald? Our CD? Someone else?) about trying to set something up. Any ideas? :D

In February of 2011 we cruised on the Pride for Valentine's/Anniversary and our friends cruised with us for their first time.

On Valentine's Day my friend proposed at one of the formal picture stops to his then girlfriend. When the photographer started to take the pic, he got down on his knee and proposed with the ring he brought with him. The photographer took multiple snaps and got some really great pics of her surprise..it was really nice..everyone was clapping and yelling.

I have read this thread through and it is great to see all the positive pride comments. I was on the Valour in2010 and one of the things dh and I loved about the mdr menu was the home cooking favorites (fried chicken, meatloaf ). I know it seems weird but for a picky it was nice to know there was fall back items to choose from. Was that just a Valour thing because all the posts and pics I have seen about the menu on the pride do not show them?

Yeah, all those things are there, although I missed the meatloaf because we did the Chef's Table, and would do it again with no hesitation.

The last night (night seven) is the bacon mac and cheese, my wife and I both ordered it since there was so much praise for it in these forums....but we also ordered a panko breaded jumbo shrimp to share since we saw it at the next table. Glad we did that as it was very nicely done. Great crab cake the last night also, really surprised me.

Edited by thehip

Just found this topic...starting at the beginning and working my way through. :D

My girlfriend and I will be sailing on the Pride this June. On our cruise, I'm planing to propose; she has told me before that she's always wanted a big, public proposal so I'm going to try emailing someone (John Heald? Our CD? Someone else?) about trying to set something up. Any ideas? :D

Try emailing the event coordinator for the ship. If your GF wants a big public proposal I would suggest something on the lido deck on the first sea day. Get it set up where you two are picked to play a game and take it from there. How much more public could you get?!

The romantic in me loved that idea of doing it with the photographer!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are the room safes on the Pride the kind with the keypad or do you need a card with a magnetic strip?

Also, do the balcony rooms on the empress decks have refrigerators? Are they pre-stocked with drinks that you must pay for?

Thanks.

Anyone seen anything about the 7th floor extended balcony rooms(midship)?

We switched from 6 to 7 and are curious if the life boats are in view and if there is a refrigerator in the room?

It was snowing again in Michigan so we are all really looking forward to our June 9th trip on the Pride!

Are the room safes on the Pride the kind with the keypad or do you need a card with a magnetic strip?

Also, do the balcony rooms on the empress decks have refrigerators? Are they pre-stocked with drinks that you must pay for?

Thanks.

The room safes open with a card. Do not use your Sail & Sign card for this! Bring an old (empty) store gift card or some other unimportant card with a magnetic strip.

Yes they have fridges, and yes, they come pre-stocked with for-purchase minibar drinks - alcoholic as well as soft drinks.

ETA: These fridges are of course 'minifridges' and not super-cold. But will keep already-cold drinks cold.

Edited by ShakyBeef

Anyone seen anything about the 7th floor extended balcony rooms(midship)?

We switched from 6 to 7 and are curious if the life boats are in view and if there is a refrigerator in the room?

It was snowing again in Michigan so we are all really looking forward to our June 9th trip on the Pride!

I am currently sitting on the pride waiting to disembark. We had an extended balcony on the 5th floor with an obstructed balcony view, meaning the lifeboats were just below us so we couldn't look directly down to the water. Room 5236, not sure if that helps you but I imagine the rooms directly above us have the same obstacle.

You use a card with a magnetic stripe. I believe you use the room card.

The room safes open with a card. Do not use your Sail & Sign card for this! Bring an old (empty) store gift card or some other unimportant card with a magnetic strip.

Yes they have fridges, and yes, they come pre-stocked with for-purchase minibar drinks - alcoholic as well as soft drinks.

ETA: These fridges are of course 'minifridges' and not super-cold. But will keep already-cold drinks cold.

Thank you both for your prompt reply.:)

Could you tell me if your table for 13 was a cramped table or did you all have the usual space? I am travelling on May 5th with a group of 14 and thought we may have to be at two tables. On our Legend cruise we only had a table for 12. Thanks

Could you tell me if your table for 13 was a cramped table or did you all have the usual space? I am travelling on May 5th with a group of 14 and thought we may have to be at two tables. On our Legend cruise we only had a table for 12. Thanks

We had a group of 14 on the pride in September, they seperated us into 2 tables. We were next to each other though :)

We will be on the same sailing! I'm so ready!!

I know opinions on food can vary to extremes but what is your favorite for lunch at Mermaid Grill?

Something that is handed to me by a cook from across a counter because I don't do buffets - I've seen too many people do too many disgusting things.:eek:

If eating at the Mermaid Grille, I usually get a tuna melt or grilled ham & cheese from the deli. Or a fresh-tossed chicken Ceasar salad from the pizza station. Or a burger from the poolside grille.

Something that is handed to me by a cook from across a counter because I don't do buffets - I've seen too many people do too many disgusting things.:eek:

If eating at the Mermaid Grille, I usually get a tuna melt or grilled ham & cheese from the deli. Or a fresh-tossed chicken Ceasar salad from the pizza station. Or a burger from the poolside grille.

Thanks for your reply.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I read a few pages back that the poster had no control over the cabin tempurature and that it was uncomfortable warm in the cabin.

I'll be on the Pride in the middle of August. They cant possible have a summer caribbean cruise with no AC, can they??

If anyone would like to link their pride review, I would appreciate it! :D

Thanks!

Edited by baymadsus

Well, either that poster couldn't find the temp control in their room or it was not working properly. I have been on many cruises and never seen a room where you could not control the temp.

If your room does not get cool enough just call Guest Services and they will send someone to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone!

I read a few pages back that the poster had no control over the cabin tempurature and that it was uncomfortable warm in the cabin.

I'll be on the Pride in the middle of August. They cant possible have a summer caribbean cruise with no AC, can they??

If anyone would like to link their pride review, I would appreciate it! :D

Thanks!

My pride review is in my signature.there was definetly a thermostat in our room I took a picture of it!

We just sailed the Pride for the 2nd time. My lengthy review will be written soon but yes you can control the temperature in your cabin. It was a wonderful cruise again so please look for my review soon. Extended balcony room 7252. June 9-16 sailing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just sailed the Pride for the 2nd time. My lengthy review will be written soon but yes you can control the temperature in your cabin. It was a wonderful cruise again so please look for my review soon. Extended balcony room 7252. June 9-16 sailing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yipee! Can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...