All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Quick question -- if folks drop us off at the Pier in Baltimore, will they be able to park anywhere for 20-30 minutes or will they just pull over and let us out?

When they drop us off, how much of the exterior of the ship will they see, or will the terminal building block us from getting a good view of the ship? They are curious what the Pride looks like, but I don't want to get their hopes up if the Port of Baltimore is not a good place for them to see it.

Thanks,

Brad

Quick question -- if folks drop us off at the Pier in Baltimore, will they be able to park anywhere for 20-30 minutes or will they just pull over and let us out?

When they drop us off, how much of the exterior of the ship will they see, or will the terminal building block us from getting a good view of the ship? They are curious what the Pride looks like, but I don't want to get their hopes up if the Port of Baltimore is not a good place for them to see it.

Thanks,

Brad

The drop off area is in an area of the parking lot. So, as your heading to the drop off line, you can just swing into one of the parking spots and sit for a few.

Leaving in 2 hrs to head to the port...woohoo!

We took the Pride on our first cruise in April 2010. We had such a great time, and have booked again for this September. We switched up the itinerary this go around. In 2010 we did Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. This go around we'll be going to Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau.

Someone had asked earlier about coming in a night early. There are many hotels that offer a Park/Stay/Cruise deal. We were coming from Central VA and know how bad the DC traffic can get, so we decided to drive up the night before so we didn't have to stress about getting stuck in countless traffic delays. We found a really great deal at a hotel in the Inner Harbor (very close to port, and the area the hotel is in is quite nice). The hotel was "The Admiral Fell Inn". Supposedly it's haunted, but we never experienced anything. :rolleyes: For us to park our car in a secure parking deck (which was in newer condition), stay the night, have a free breakfast, free internet and get free transfers to/from port, it cost us $127. I tried to get that deal again for September but apparently there is a conference in town that week so we couldn't get the guy any lower than $149 plus tax.

I have a full trip report (see my signature line) if anyone is interested. Of course I'm always happy to do my best to answer any questions. :D

There will be three of us sharing a cabin w/extended balcony on our upcoming Pride cruise. Can anyone tell me if the balcony will be big enough for three chairs? Is it worth it to have an extended balcony (cabin 8233), or should I switch to a regular size on the same deck or choose one in the back (aft)?

We took the Pride on our first cruise in April 2010. We had such a great time, and have booked again for this September. We switched up the itinerary this go around. In 2010 we did Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. This go around we'll be going to Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau.

I have a full trip report (see my signature line) if anyone is interested. Of course I'm always happy to do my best to answer any questions. :D

I'll be very interested in your review as I'll be on this exact cruise 2 weeks later. This will be my 4th cruise, 3rd on the Pride. I live about 20 minutes from Baltimore so it is just so convenient. Not enjoying the wait though

We are booked for Jan 8th 2012. Boy that sounds so far away. Wanted a get away without flying and going a day before ect...trying to keep the price down 2 in college. Taking the Mega bus from Boston for $1 fare. 8hr ride but I'm not driving so chill and enjoy the ride. Has anyone ever stayed at Fairfield (marriott) in Nottingham near the White Marsh mall?

Hey there! My fiance and I are booked on the 11/13/11 sailing on the Pride. We are flying in from Vegas a day early and are staying at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Glen Burnie. I read on their website that they provide a shuttle to and from the airport and also to the inner harbor, the port, and a few other places. Has anyone stayed there before? If so, I would be interested to hear about it. I have read many reviews on trip advisor but prefer a discussion over just reading some one's opinion that can't respond to me.

There will be three of us sharing a cabin w/extended balcony on our upcoming Pride cruise. Can anyone tell me if the balcony will be big enough for three chairs? Is it worth it to have an extended balcony (cabin 8233), or should I switch to a regular size on the same deck or choose one in the back (aft)?

We had three in our standard balcony and were quite comfortable. To be fair, we were 2 adults and one 8 year old. We thought the standard balcony was a little crowded with all 3 of us on it, but we were plenty comfy in the room.

I think you guys will be great in an extended balcony. :)

Yes, you will have more than enough room on your extended balcony. I was in one last September and there were three chairs and a small table for two adults and we had plenty of room. We are booked for a regular balcony on our upcoming cruise and from the pictures I have seen, it looks like it will be a tight fit. In my opinion, I believe you will be pleased with what you currently have reserved.

We sailed Pride back in 2009 and had an extended balcony on deck 6. We sailed Freedom in 2010 with a regular balcony -- Ugh! Really tight!

So to answer your question, three chairs will be tight, but do-able. But don't give up that extended balcony!

Oliver

I haven't read thru this entire thread, so I don't know if this has been answered....

Regarding Prides Serenity area, I know it's been placed in the aft section. Is it all covered with lattice work? Are there hammocks? Do the lounges have those "softer" blue cushions? And are there umbrella's out there?

Oliver

I was looking on the ports of call section for info about Port Canaveral, but I couldn't find anything about it as a destination, just an embarkation point. For anyone who's been there, can you tell me about transportation to the beach? Are there shuttles? Are any free? And is there anyplace where we can go to a store? I'm thinking we might want to get some more soda/water/snacks/supplies for our youngster before we sail to the Bahamas.

I was looking on the ports of call section for info about Port Canaveral, but I couldn't find anything about it as a destination, just an embarkation point. For anyone who's been there, can you tell me about transportation to the beach? Are there shuttles? Are any free? And is there anyplace where we can go to a store? I'm thinking we might want to get some more soda/water/snacks/supplies for our youngster before we sail to the Bahamas.

Been to Port Canaveral twice and to my knowledge there isn't really anything close to the ship. I know you can take shuttles (booked through excursions) to Cocoa Beach which has a beach (obviously) and shopping. I don't know that they have cabs in the area to take you anywhere (I don't remember seeing any either time I was there, but I also wasn't looking for them).

Carnival will have a little set up with water and other misc things as you're getting off the ship. It's convienent but overpriced.

I haven't read thru this entire thread, so I don't know if this has been answered....

Regarding Prides Serenity area, I know it's been placed in the aft section. Is it all covered with lattice work? Are there hammocks? Do the lounges have those "softer" blue cushions? And are there umbrella's out there?

Oliver

There is one hammock. I did not see any cushions at all on the lounges, actually.

Hi! Just got off the Pride.(02/20/11) The week week was perfect.

For any one looking for information on when to arrive at the pier--

From the time we got off the train-took a cab and entered into the port- the time was 1:10. We got to the x-ray security and they just called Zone #7 for boarding. We arrived on the ship after winding our way into the check-in, got our sign and sail card- had our pics for the sign and sail card- got our embarkation photo taken and in our room in less then 1 hour. The time we got to the cabin was 2:03.

Getting off the ship-lots of people were arriving when we got off. They will have a long wait.

at 10:30 they were calling deck 6 for self embarkation. (i had a train to catch at 12:10 and I was in a panic mode. ) We got off with the self embaark and asked for zone 2 luggage -showed them my train tickets.

By the time we collected the luggage, went through customs and immigration and got a taxi to the train- we had 15 minutes to spare.

My suggestion- do NOT arrive too early.

Edited by serene56

Hi! Just got off the Pride.(02/20/11) The week week was perfect.

For any one looking for information on when to arrive at the pier--

From the time we got off the train-took a cab and entered into the port of Miami- the time was 1:10. We got to the x-ray security and they just called Zone #7 for boarding. We arrived on the ship after winding our way into the check-in, got our sign and sail card- had our pics for the sign and sail card- got our embarkation photo taken and in our room in less then 1 hour. The time we got to the cabin was 2:03.

Getting off the ship-lots of people were arriving when we got off. They will have a long wait.

at 10:30 they were calling deck 6 for self embarkation. (i had a train to catch at 12:10 and I was in a panic mode. ) We got off with the self embaark and asked for zone 2 luggage -showed them my train tickets.

By the time we collected the luggage, went through customs and immigration and got a taxi to the train- we had 15 minutes to spare.

My suggestion- do NOT arrive too early.

I'll be on the Pride at the end of next month and it sails from Baltimore. I guess you really had a great time:)

Never mind, just found some in a review. The new Serenity deck looks amazing. We were just on the Pride in October so it must be new as I've seen it added to several other ships. I have a feeling I know where we'll be spending our days at sea :D

Can you send me a link to these pictures?

Thanks,

Oliver

Hey there! My fiance and I are booked on the 11/13/11 sailing on the Pride. We are flying in from Vegas a day early and are staying at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Glen Burnie. I read on their website that they provide a shuttle to and from the airport and also to the inner harbor, the port, and a few other places. Has anyone stayed there before? If so, I would be interested to hear about it. I have read many reviews on trip advisor but prefer a discussion over just reading some one's opinion that can't respond to me.

We booked our stay for 5/11 and 9/11 at Days Inn, Glen Burnie --- although I've not stayed at the La Quinta -- I did have posters reply to say Glen Burnie is a nice area. That helped make my decision to book.